This is gonna be a rough season...isn't it?

This is the year the Bills are built to win. 

The Patriots are the Patriots and now have Newton, who we will not be able to defend. 

The Dolphins are the Dolphins, but Flores is a good coach. 

I don’t which AFC and NFC West teams we are better than, particularly traveling to half of them. 

Douglas appears to get it and will get at least another two years.  I think Gase’ downfall will be the injuries. 

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Patriots are the Patriots and now have Newton, who we will not be able to defend. 

I don’t which AFC and NFC West teams we are better than, particularly traveling to half of them. 

Douglas appears to get it and will get at least another two years.  I think Gase’ downfall will be the injuries. 

The patriots are dog sh*t. Not worried about them. They might win a game or 2 more than the Jets, but they aren't contenders this year. Too much turnover on that roster. 

Dolphins don't worry me either. Same position as us.

The rest of the schedule represents a murderer's row: 49ers, chiefs, seahawks, chargers, colts (they're good this year), rams. All these teams are a mismatch. At least, based on today's odds. 

I don't have a lot of the respect for the bills, or josh allen...but they have the advantage of continuity and their roster is objectively better than it was last year. Great defense, and a competent (albeit overly conservative) coach.

It's a rough season for the AFC east in general. Wouldn't surprise me if the winner - probably buffalo - finishes 8-8 or 9-7. All 4 teams represent varying levels of suckitude. 

I'll laugh if the Jets fluke their way in...like the 7-9 seahawks did in 2010, but i'm not counting on it. 

21 hours ago, predator_05 said:

A few preseason games would have trimmed some of the flab, but without them...we're walking into a new season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home. Disgruntled players, opt-outs, injuries, lack of 'chemistry' (i hate that phrase, btw), means the team will land flat on its face week 1. Only silver lining is the double-dip in the first round, but that's a long way off. 

What really makes it hard is that other teams won't miss preseason games, will have trimmed some of theat flab, and won't be walking into the season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home.  It only hurts us.  Imaginary disgruntled players, a couple of opt outs, injuries, dreams of a lack of chemistry, covers all the cliches. 

If we suck it won't be for these reasons.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What really makes it hard is that other teams won't miss preseason games, will have trimmed some of theat flab, and won't be walking into the season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home.  It only hurts us.  Imaginary disgruntled players, a couple of opt outs, injuries, dreams of a lack of chemistry, covers all the cliches. 

If we suck it won't be for these reasons.

Fair to say that some franchises are better prepared than others?

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Fair to say that some franchises are better prepared than others?

Because theyre better teams, with better players.  Not because their offseason wasn't held under the same crazy restrictions and  issues 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because theyre better teams, with better players.  Not because their offseason wasn't held under the same crazy restrictions and  issues 

But the irregular off-season almost kills any chance to over-achieve and fluke a few gritty, unexpected wins.

6 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

But the irregular off-season almost kills any chance to over-achieve and fluke a few gritty, unexpected wins.

I dont get how, youre playing against teams who also had a harder time getting their players on the same page and all that goes into a normal camp.  Why wouldn't a team youre not expected to beat be harder to beat?  Both teams had the same issues preparing for the season.

Pats have had more opt outs, Pats are teaching a rehabbing QB a new offense.  Cam doesnt have preseason games needs to develop chemistry with his offensive players blah, blah.  Not seeing it as the reason we will play badly

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont get how, youre playing against teams who also had a harder time getting their players on the same page and all that goes into a normal camp.  Why wouldn't a team youre not expected to beat be harder to beat?  Both teams had the same issues preparing for the season.

If you have a revamped roster with inferior talent, you can close the gap with extra preparation and preseason experimentation. Now there's absolutely no chance of that happening. 

Teams returning most of their starting lineup are comfortably running on auto-pilot. Teams with roster turnover are incapable of getting a lineup playing well together without a regular off-season. 

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

The patriots are dog sh*t. Not worried about them. They might win a game or 2 more than the Jets, but they aren't contenders this year. Too much turnover on that roster. 

Are Belichick and Ernie Adams still there?

Yes?  Then they are a top dog until proven otherwise.  

Roster turnover has never, ever bothered them before.  Meanwhile, Tom Brady was QB # 18 last year in the rankings and they still won 12 games.  You know, a feat the Jets have only accomplished one time in their entire history.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If you have a revamped roster with inferior talent, you can close the gap with extra preparation and preseason experimentation. Now there's absolutely no chance of that happening. 

Teams returning most of their starting lineup are comfortably running on auto-pilot. Teams with roster turnover are incapable of getting a lineup playing well together without a regular off-season. 

Youre not getting my point.  Every team is in the same boat.  If we're not as prepared, they arent as well prepared too.  Extra preparation in a normal preseason would make our opponents better prepared also.  

We upgraded talent, I'll take that as a bigger help to the season than a couple of preseason games

Hey I actually have something positive to say to thwart all of you pessimism misers.

First off our Quarterback was already in quarantine last season remember? In their first year together our coaching staff dealt with more injuries than the Jets have ever had in their history as a team. We were losing guys left and right and literally signing guys off the street.

We somehow made it to 7-9, literally by the seat of our pants. Therefore if any team in the NFL has experience with the current situation it's the Jets. Also something tells me that Psychopathic Adam Gase and Greg Williams are up for the challenge.

As I see it this is a more even playing field than ever. The teams that have to worry have Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Jackson Etc. These teams rely on consistency, we never had any in the first place! LOL! So in the words of the great Han Solo never tell me the odds!

The New York Jets are a ragtag rough-and-tumble bunch with a lunatic at the helm and we wear it well.

Also keep in mind that the Jets practice at the Atlantic Health Center and are owned by Johnson & Johnson and covid-19 passed through New York pretty early. I think we will be one of the least affected teams in the league.

I predict at least 8 gritty wins..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre not getting my point.  Every team is in the same boat.  If we're not as prepared, they arent as well prepared too.  Extra preparation in a normal preseason would make our opponents better prepared also.  

We upgraded talent, I'll take that as a bigger help to the season than a couple of preseason games

My point is that we're sitting on different seats in that same boat. With less chance of moving to a different seat.

I'd like to move closer to front, to the the comfy seats. But i can't.

I'm stuck at the back of the boat, seated next to the guy who smells weird, and who - like me - also doesn't have his sh*t together. 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are Belichick and Ernie Adams still there?

Yes?  Then they are a top dog until proven otherwise.  

Roster turnover has never, ever bothered them before.  Meanwhile, Tom Brady was QB # 18 last year in the rankings and they still won 12 games.  You know, a feat the Jets have only accomplished one time in their entire history.

It never bothered them because they had a good o-line, d-line and Brady. They turned over the non-premium positions. 

Point taken on the coaching and management though. Belicheat thinks 10 steps ahead.

3 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

My point is that we're sitting on different seats in that same boat. With less chance of moving to a different seat.

I'd like to move closer to front, to the the comfy seats. But i can't.

I'm stuck at the back of the boat, seated next to the guy who smells weird, and who - like me - also doesn't have his sh*t together. 

Sounds more like a travel agent issue to me

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

It never bothered them because they had a good o-line, d-line and Brady. They turned over the non-premium positions. 

Point taken on the coaching and management though. Belicheat thinks 10 steps ahead.

Much of the reason their OL is successful is due to them understanding how to hold and get away with it.  Part of that is their great OL coach.  Another aspect of that goes back to what that one ref was quoted as saying:  "You don't touch Tom Brady."  Sure, Brady is gone.  But the Pats are still the Pats.

Is it any wonder why so many Pats OL have left and gone on to be free agent busts at their next stop?  Mankins and Solder being the most notable?

I'm not saying they won't take a step back.  They're not winning 12 games next season and I do think the Bills take the division.  But I could easily be wrong about the latter.  They could win 10 games and take the division.  Why not?  They've been dominating this division for two decades, in some years doing so with less talent than they have right now.  

20 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The biggest concern is that Darnold still seems to be the same guy based on camp reports. 

Poor mechanics, turnovers, missing wide open guys all over the place. 

Bitonti was right?

And fans who think they know what is going on in camp

One INT where he was rushed and threw off his back foot led you to come up with this woe is me comment?

Hes had a low number of INTs and one reference to throwing off his back foot.  Every QB does in certain situations.  

I'd love to see your basis for Poor mechanics, turnovers, missing wide open guys all over the place. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Much of the reason their OL is successful is due to them understanding how to hold and get away with it.  Part of that is their great OL coach.  Another aspect of that goes back to what that one ref was quoted as saying:  "You don't touch Tom Brady."  Sure, Brady is gone.  But the Pats are still the Pats.

Is it any wonder why so many Pats OL have left and gone on to be free agent busts at their next stop?  Mankins and Solder being the most notable?

I'm not saying they won't take a step back.  They're not winning 12 games next season and I do think the Bills take the division.  But I could easily be wrong about the latter.  They could win 10 games and take the division.  Why not?  They've been dominating this division for two decades, in some years doing so with less talent than they have right now.  

Yeah, i agree...belicheat is good at roster management. A master chef, capable of michelin-level cooking with mediocre ingredients. 

But you still need a key ingredient - the sauce that makes it all taste good. First time in 20 years, he doesn't have that sauce. 

44 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Also keep in mind that the Jets practice at the Atlantic Health Center and are owned by Johnson & Johnson and covid-19 passed through New York pretty early. I think we will be one of the least affected teams in the league.

this isn't the NBA there isn't a bubble

the Jets are scheduled to travel 31000 miles this season 

42 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

It’s true.  As long as they had Brady and the OL, and throw in gronk, the rbs/wrs were largely interchangeable.  So i see why douglas didn’t overpay robbbie.  I can also see how the rbbc is going to work, and bell isn’t going to be happy.  Where the jets are this year, however, is that the OL isn’t ready, so we’re just not going to see the offfense click early on, but i think douglas is following this model more or less.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

We are just lucky there is any season at all guys. We are living in a pandemic, hard to complain about football. I’m just happy we have something to watch. 

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

hold that thought.

Just now, Drums said:

No seriously. We may have a rough season and it will suck but I’m just going along for the ride. 

He means there might not be a season to watch.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LockeJET said:

This team lacks top talent at very important positions. We upgraded on paper but that means squat. We are depending on a lot of players who've either never played for us or never played in the league yet. 

2 years away IMO

Team lacks talent at the important position of HC.  

Not to worry.  It does have PLENTY of talent at the GM position and the QB position.  Those are KEY 

Only a matter of time before the GM fixes the HC position and fills out the roster.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Team lacks talent at the important position of HC.  

Not to worry.  It does have PLENTY of talent at the GM position and the QB position.  Those are KEY 

Only a matter of time before the GM fixes the HC position and fills out the roster.

I agree about that we need a new HC and that we have our QB, but....

We still don’t know what we have in a GM.  He may be a talented, may not be - we only half a story.

All we know about him is...

1) He’s capable of tearing a team down - ridding himself of players he doesn’t want - good or bad (Through trades, cuts and non-signings of top players)

2) He’s capable of trading down in the draft

Other than that we know just about nothing...

1) Can he draft?  We have no idea until we see how these picks play out.

2) Can he trade up in the draft or pull off a good trade to bring in good players? We don’t know that either

3) Is he capable of landing a top FA? We don’t know that either.

In other words, we know he can break a team down but we don’t yet know if he can build one.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Newton can't even manage his wardrobe much less a football game. 4-12 for NE and its about time. Swiss cheese oline will be the cherry on top.

all teams are having injuries and have limited practice...

Kyle Shanahan stated Kyle Juszczyk is week to week with a hamstring strain. -George Kittle had tight hamstring yesterday, and pulled from practice as a precaution. - Marcell Harris rolled his ankle and is day to day - Ross Dwelley has a foot issue, day-to-day.