This is gonna be a rough season...isn't it?

Hard to say but as I have stated in other threads a lot of the success depends on how fast o line gels. I believe it will be as bad as it was last year for the first 6-8 games of season and as year goes by they become a more cohesive unit and there fore more wins. Also need to get a couple of more competent receivers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, CSNY said:

Hard to say but as I have stated in other threads a lot of the success depends on how fast o line gels. I believe it will be as bad as it was last year for the first 6-8 games of season and as year goes by they become a more cohesive unit and there fore more wins. Also need to get a couple of more competent receivers. 

Gotta wait til next year's free agent frenzy to get some good receivers. Until then, sammy's gotta make-do with herndon and chowder. 

I think the key is just to look at the team as in a real rebuild mode. We finally have a GM that seems to realize that. If the team surprises and makes the playoffs, look at that as a pleasant happening. But, expect the team to struggle. I fully expect the OL to be better, but still not "good" this year, b/c that may take time. 

If JD can draft well, the Jets could be good in a couple of years. That's the hope right now. I'm eager to see all the new draftees and which players develop this year to build off for next year. Also, is Gase up to the task? I'm still not optimistic about him, but I hope he changes my mind about that.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We drafted a Franchise QB who's now in his 3rd season and the team is worse off then when he heard his name called..

You tell me. 

Double dipping on defense in round 3 was probably not the move. Especially with one of the guys apparently doing his best Jachai Polite impression.

No. We’re not terrible. We’re not good. We’re mediocre. We scrimmaged today without our top 3 outside receivers. We’ve only had 3 fully padded practices. Luckily the OL wasn’t picked on or called out by the beat writers, that’s possibly the most important thing.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Double dipping on defense in round 3 was probably not the move. Especially with one of the guys apparently doing his best Jachai Polite impression.

I felt like we were promised (in sentiment if nothing else) for a change in this years draft... true "offense is a priority"... what did that equate to? a LT (basically no choice there), waited until the last min draft a WR in the 2nd round, and a middle round RB.

Nice.

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We drafted a Franchise QB who's now in his 3rd season and the team is worse off then when he heard his name called..

You tell me. 

It really is comical.  Of all the teams that drafted their potential “franchise” QB in the last 3 years, the Jets have done the poorest job of building around that QB.  Drew Lock is loaded in Denver, Sam wishes he had half of what Drew has right now.  

• Upvote 2