Hakeem Butler visits the Jets

Rhg1084

Footage of Hakeem walking into Florham Park and seeing Adam Gase:
200.gif&key=dbf3632a33b7398d7fe6e3dc17afa97ff060ce1611cb4373d46391641ca6b9f6

Haha.

I really hope they sign him. Not sure who’d I’d cut from the 53 but I’d really like him to be a game eligible PS guy.
I don’t have my mind fully wrapped around how that works yet but butler is a better shot than cager or Campbell at the moment. That’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Haha.

I really hope they sign him. Not sure who’d I’d cut from the 53 but I’d really like him to be a game eligible PS guy.
I don’t have my mind fully wrapped around how that works yet but butler is a better shot than cager or Campbell at the moment. That’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think we have an open roster spot, are at 52 right now

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sign this beast Hakeem Butler. 

Y’all are clamouring for the wrong guy IMO 

Jaleel Scott has the same size but had much college tape and at least some production in the NFL.

injuries slowed his development as did BAL doing that thing where they continue to draft more receivers, something alien to us here 

at least Jaleel can be a redzone threat

• Upvote 2

Butler never got to play a down for the Cardinals. He had one preseason appearance in 2019 before suffering a hand injury that landed him on injured reserve before the season, ending his rookie year before it started.

With no preseason this year, no team had the opportunity to scout him.

While he has a rare combination of size, speed and athleticism, he never was quite able to stand out.

He was highly thought of coming out of the draft but was considered raw. Perhaps he was just unlucky to get hurt when he did and then to have the pandemic change the game this offseason, but he will surely get another look with someone else at some point.

Hakeem Butler cut by Arizona Cardinals

By Seth Cox@SCoxFB  Sep 4, 2020, 2:14pm MDT 

The story of Hakeem Butler was told last season.

There was rumor after Butler went on injured reserve last offseason that it saved him and the Arizona Cardinals the embarrassment of cutting a fourth round pick out of training camp for the second time in five seasons.

Well, Butler wasn’t Dorian Johnson, but he also was never able to crack the wide receiver rotation with the Cardinals.

For that reason, the team has decided to release the 2019 fourth round pick out of Iowa State.

Butler was a favorite of the metrics crew of NFL Draft analyst. He never produced what his testing numbers or physical ability showed, but he had tantalizing, raw ability.

It was just not enough in a league where everyone is basically an athletic freak, so the refinement of route running and the ability to win one-on-one is key.

Butler could be an intriguing guy to bring back to the practice squad, but he’ll have to clear waivers as a player in only his second season.

Good luck to Hakeem.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Y’all are clamouring for the wrong guy IMO 

Jaleel Scott has the same size but had much college tape and at least some production in the NFL.

injuries slowed his development as did BAL doing that thing where they continue to draft more receivers, something alien to us here 

at least Jaleel can be a redzone threat

And Chad Alexander, now the Jets director of player personnel, was with the Ravens when they drafted him

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2