### NY Jets 2020 Week 2 Jets vs. 49ers ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mogglez the Niners have just as many injuries on offense as we do yet their back up QB proceeded to out play Sam Darnold today and he actually had some zip on the ball and stepped into his passes. Sam Darnold was the 3rd over all pick where was Nick Mullens taken ?

The niners also have a coach that has a basic understanding of how to run an NFL offense, scheme people open, and exploit weaknesses on a defense, even with injuries.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So lauughably beyond dumb it's not worth responding.   The only stud who showed up today--like he does every f*cking game he plays is Frank Gore.  If it were judged on garbage time, no doubt Darnold is HOF material.   Bafore the end of the game, the putz had put up a whopping 108 against SF's third and fourth stringers.   HE SICKS.

It's very obvious you've already made up your mind on Darnold and that you will criticize him regardless of what transpires on the field.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

YOU keep saying that. I AM NOT SAYING THAT.

Just that , as of now, Sam plays like an NFL b/u QB

How do you make this evaluation after the kid has been throwing behind arguably the worst Oline in the NFL in his first 2 years with limited weapons, a terrible HC, not to mention he had mono last year. Do you honestly think that any young QB in that same set of circumstances would be successful? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

The niners also have a coach that has a basic understanding of how to run an NFL offense, scheme people open, and exploit weaknesses on a defense.

very true I can't argue that. But as bad as Gase game plans seem to be his QB still does not know how to throw a football consistently correctly and in year 3 thats a huge red flag, The clock in his head stopped or never even started and he is terrified by the rush. watch the tape on him his pocket awareness is terrible and that stuff is hard to teach a light does not go on with that you either have it at this level or you don't.

8 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

It's very obvious you've already made up your mind on Darnold and that you will criticize him regardless of what transpires on the field.

You keep putting your faith in a player who does not have it the NFL level.  I completely respect that.  Seriously.  I don't believe Darnold has the mettle to succeed in the NFL.   That's my belief drom what I've seen these two years and two games., Hope I'm wrong.  But I truly believe he's another Geno or Sanchez.  Just drafted the wrong guy.

Just now, munchmemory said:

You keep putting your faith in a player who does not have it the NFL level.  I completely respect that.  Seriously.  I don't believe Darnold has the mettle to succeed in the NFL.   Hope I'm wrong.  But I truly believe he's another Geno or Sanchez.  Just drafted the wrong guy.

I literally said he's probably not the answer. Just saying he was far from the biggest problem today

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

very true I can't argue that. But as bad as Gase game plans seem to be his QB still does not know how to throw a football consistently correctly and in year 3 thats a huge red flag, The clock in his head stopped or never even started and he is terrified by the rush. watch the tape on him his pocket awareness is terrible and that stuff is hard to teach a light does not go on with that you either have it at this level or you don't.

I'm gonna be honest. Absolutely none of those things you just said are going to come up on the tape this week.  His internal clock and ability to keep his eyes down the field were solely responsible for our only TD.  He had another absolute bullet for a TD dropped.  His reads were clean.  He short armed two passes because he couldn't follow through as he was taking a hit.  He was fine today.  The talent and coaching around him failed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How do you make this evaluation after the kid has been throwing behind arguably the worst Oline in the NFL in his first 2 years with limited weapons, a terrible HC, not to mention he had mono last year. Do you honestly think that any young QB in that same set of circumstances would be successful? 

I am sayingthat by watching him play....     

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I'm gonna be honest. Absolutely none of those things you just said are going to come up on the tape this week.  His internal clock and ability to keep his eyes down the field were solely responsible for our only TD.  He had another absolute bullet for a TD dropped.  His reads were clean.  He short armed two passes because he couldn't follow through.  He was fine today.  The talent and coaching around him failed.

Darnold swings between "horrific" and "fine" like a pendulum.  Nothing about him says he can ever be "great" or anything remotely close to it.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm gonna be honest. Absolutely none of those things you just said are going to come up on the tape this week.  His internal clock and ability to keep his eyes down the field were solely responsible for our only TD.  He had another absolutely bullet for a TD dropped.  He short armed two passes because he couldn't follow through.  He was mechanically fine today.

Mogglez I'm not just talking about this week this was a hard week for him by his surroundings alone i agree with that but even this week when there was no pressure he made bad throws or under threw passes because he just does not get all out of his arm he should be. Trust me everything I'm saying is based on 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm gonna be honest. Absolutely none of those things you just said are going to come up on the tape this week.  His internal clock and ability to keep his eyes down the field were solely responsible for our only TD.  He had another absolute bullet for a TD dropped.  His reads were clean.  He short armed two passes because he couldn't follow through.  He was fine today.  The talent and coaching around him failed.

He just doesn’t have it man.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold swings between "horrific" and "fine" like a pendulum.  Nothing about him says he can ever be "great" or anything remotely close to it.

The pass to Herndon was great, as was the throw to Berrios.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

@SAR I You are such a smart man. That Gase is an awesome coach. He’s making everyone better.  

How would we know?

It's the same situation as last year-  too many injuries and too many bad players to be able to make the call.

So far, against two undefeated teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

How would we know?

It's the same situation as last year-  too many injuries and too many bad players to be able to make the call.

So far, against two undefeated teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

Ban.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mogglez I'm not just talking about this week this was a hard week for him by his surroundings alone i agree with that but even this week when there was no pressure he made bad throws or under threw passes because he just does not get all out of his arm he should be. Trust me everything I'm saying is based on 3 years.

No pressure? What are you watching?