### NY Jets 2020 Week 2 Jets vs. 49ers ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day.. It will be weird not being there. First time I have missed a home opener since 1987. Started as a season ticket holder in 1988 and haven't looked back since.

Week 1 didn't go the way any of us wanted, but the Jets are going to surprise people this week with a win. The Jets are banged up, the 49ers are actually in worse shape injury wise. Jets are 7 point underdogs, take the points. Sam Darnold rebounds this week and shows everyone that he is the future.

Be sure to check out Glenn Naughton's NY Jets Game Preview and GreenBean did a video break down for Jets vs 49ers:.

We have a live watch party on Youtube and Facebook. And of course please watch the game with us here in this thread.

The Jets need to find the Lunatic Fringe and get a win.

Let's go Jets

I tee off at 9:20.....  let me know what happens. :)

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First home opener I will miss since 2001, but the stupid J-E-T-S chant being canceled makes it much easier to swallow. 

Today we find out if we have a franchise quarterback or not. Frankly, I’m more than nervous. 

SAR I

At least you recognize the issue and you are not blindly following it.  Face it SAR, The Johnsons are a wreck.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First home opener I will miss since 2001, but the stupid J-E-T-S chant being canceled makes it much easier to swallow. 

Today we find out if we have a franchise quarterback or not. Frankly, I’m more than nervous. 

SAR I

Sucks for the streak to end this way. I feel you. However no matter the outcome, how can one game answer a question the previous 27 have not? A FQB is defined by consistency. Even if Sam goes 400yds, 4 TDs and no INTs, the question remains unanswered.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Does suck to not be able to be there. 

As for Sam........ you’re not going to find out anything today. Even if he plays well. He’s done that- plenty of times. He’ll be a franchise quarterback when he can put the team on his back despite his surrounding cast and do it week in- week out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mark78 said:

Help me please:

When do I shut the game off?  14-0 or do I wait to 21-0?

Thanks in advance; much appreciation!

From basically 1990 to 1996, I felt that way other than a few short blasts.  But the dead feeling this team gives it's fan's now is beyond that.  

The Johnsons are clearly amongst the worst owners in sports.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You mean the fake crowd noise added by the broadcaster won't include the chant? How disappointing. 

Just now, Columbia Jet Fan said:

They’ll figure out your lie in 5 minutes or think football is the most depressing sport of all time... 

Having travelled overseas, i can confirm that the vast majority of the world finds the NFL to be boring as hell.

As john cleese put it, its a sport built to maximize commercial time:

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day.. It will be weird not being there. First time I have missed a home opener since 1987. Started as a season ticket holder in 1988 and haven't looked back since.

Week 1 didn't go the way any of us wanted, but the Jets are going to surprise people this week with a win. The Jets are banged up, the 49ers are actually in worse shape injury wise. Jets are 7 point underdogs, take the points. Sam Darnold rebounds this week and shows everyone that he is the future.

Be sure to check out Glenn Naughton's NY Jets Game Preview and GreenBean did a video break down for Jets vs 49ers:.

We have a live watch party on Youtube and Facebook. And of course please watch the game with us here in this thread.

The Jets need to find the Lunatic Fringe and get a win.

Let's go Jets

The tailgate and hanging with friends was always the real star back in the day and sometimes the only point in showing up at all depending how terrible the Jets were. Remember when Kyle Brady got his first NFL TD? Woo (tailgate so much more worth it)! The Jets even won the game! Woo (tailgate so much more worth it)! You always had a great time no matter how much and how hard the Jets flamed out 

So fast forward, the Jets gonna get reamed, COVID-19, and no tailgate for yoooooooou . . . ! Maybe I'll set up a Hibachi in my livingroom and if my house goes on fire I'll just add it to the list of things I blame the Jets for.

I gave up my tix in 2018 after 55 years, btw. It's a long disheartening story that I'll get into another time, but less than zero love for Woody the Rube. I should make a New Dump/JETS FO/Woody the Rube Thread to keep the more than justified vitriol centralized. 

GO JETS!!! Maybe they surprise me. 

17 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

They’ll figure out your lie in 5 minutes or think football is the most depressing sport of all time... 

He didn't say what kind of storied he means. 

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Having travelled overseas, i can confirm that the vast majority of the world finds the NFL to be boring as hell.

As john cleese put it, its a sport built to maximize commercial time:

Curling and soccer are a thrill a minute.

The Bills stuck their shlong in every orifice of this Jet team. Today we find out what kind of team Douglas is building here with the 49ers limping in as badly as the Jets mash unit. 
The Jets defense needs to set the tone & give this sh*tty offense good field visit in since the odds of Darnold being consistent enough to drive the length of the field are pretty freaking slim. 
Defense, Run game, a few Darnold connections, zero TOs.
Jets 13 Niners 10