### NY Jets 2020 Week 2 Jets vs. 49ers ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Gase is playing scared. He want to keep Sam safe and he’s neutering the offense to do it. 

This. You can;t really have it both ways,..,

You want long passes, we cant protect well enough...   he gets mauled or injured

its a mobius loop of suck....

good playground play....

but we need pocket protection and some recievers

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

**** Gase. 

I remember 1996. 1-15. Everyone thought the roster was horrible . One year later with a real coach we were a Leon Johnson pass away from the playoffs.

Yes, this roster is an issue. But Gase is a joke.

"an issue".  lol.

The Jaguars actively attempted to tank and still have a superior roster to ours.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

**** Gase. 

I remember 1996. 1-15. Everyone thought the roster was horrible . One year later with a real coach we were a Leon Johnson pass away from the playoffs.

Yes, this roster is an issue. But Gase is a joke.

Jets Roster >> Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If there is something we learned today, it’s that this team is Trevor Lawrence away from being a real contender 

No one ever argued the team is a QB away.  Only that QB is indeed part of the problem, and if you end up with a top 3 pick, you go ahead and take the QB. 

Trading down for three 1st rounders sounds fun until you remember that we already have four 1st rounders the next 2 drafts.  So just go ahead and take the QB.  Otherwise we'd be looking to trade back up for a QB a year or 2 later anyways.

A coaching change + QB + 1-2 more drafts will be enough to make this team competitive.

• Thumb Down 1

If we actually do end up with the first pick I really hope we fire gase and our entire conditioning staff and trade the pick to build around darnold. The kid is trying to win and look at the garbage roster we gave him. Draft a center and two decent recievers for him and pay for a corner or three and watch him blossom into a decent enough nfl qb

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

No Darnold probably isn't the answer, but he is not the biggest issue with this team.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves

No, no.

the experts here say that WRs/weapons don’t matter.

all you need is a Good QB, WRs are interchangeable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

That's the talent that even Gase can't take away. We need Darnold to keep doing that if we are going to attract a decent coach this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

he also cant inject quality play into the middle of the OL....   so that precludes having a normal offense

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

The coaching sucks. The 49ers were missing their top 10 guys and we went even competitive. 

The Jets lost a training camp scrimmage to its 2nd team.  The roster is the bigger problem, and I fully admit Gase sucks and needs to be replaced ASAP.

So many people here thought all we needed to was fire Todd Bowles and we'd be good.  They were wrong.  If you think this team will suddenly be competitive once we rid ourselves of Gase, you will be wrong again.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one ever argued the team is a QB away.  Only that QB is indeed part of the problem, and if you end up with a top 3 pick, you go ahead and take the QB. 

Trading down for three 1st rounders sounds fun until you remember that we already have four 1st rounders the next 2 drafts.  So just go ahead and take the QB.  Otherwise we'd be looking to trade back up for a QB a year or 2 later anyways.

A coaching change + QB + 1-2 more drafts will be enough to make this team competitive.

This is all fine, but I’m just telling you that Darnold isn’t the big problem with this roster. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I understand being a losing team. I understand being a bad team. This isn’t an overnight fix. What I can’t understand is how unprepared and uninspired this team is two weeks in. Not even competitive. I can handle losing if there is progress. But there isn’t any. They’re lucky to even be playing this season. And they’re wasting our time. Gase has to go. He never should have been hired in the first place. 

This is the issue that has been most alarming. There’s no edge to the team. Too many penalties, too many bad plays on special teams coverage. 

The talent lacks but the effort and execution is a problem. 

• Upvote 1