Play GM. Pick when Jets will fire Gase.

SouthernJet

Pick the timeframe Gase is hopefully fired  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the closest choice to when you feel Jets will announce Gase's firing

• Before midnight Thursday after Denver game
    • Noon or earlier Friday AM after Denver game
    • Noon or later Friday after Denver game
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • No firing. Jets say they will further evaluate Gase/players and make decision at end of season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2020 at 12:42 AM

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stick to letting @Sarge4Tide create the polls.  None of the options applied to what I'm thinking.

The Jets will win this meaningless game against Denver.  But the team will continue to suck beyond this week, and Gase will get fired at the Week 11 bye.  

This.

Firing a HC after the 4th game essentially means you're not putting an Interim guy in charge, you're basically giving the reigns to someone else for the whole season.

What's the earliest in a season a HC has ever been fired???

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stick to letting @Sarge4Tide create the polls.  None of the options applied to what I'm thinking.

The Jets will win this meaningless game against Denver.  But the team will continue to suck beyond this week, and Gase will get fired at the Week 11 bye.  

Maybe they should make Flacco a player coach and let him be the defacto OC. The O could not be worse in that arrangement then what we are seeing.

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This.

Firing a HC after the 4th game essentially means you're not putting an Interim guy in charge, you're basically giving the reigns to someone else for the whole season.

What's the earliest in a season a HC has ever been fired???

George Allen
League: NFL

Team: 1978 Los Angeles Rams

Tenure: two games in the pre-season

Allen coached the Rams for two successful seasons before heading to the Washington football team. He made a return to Los Angeles after seven years in Washington only to be let go after two preseason games. The Rams lost the two games, but the firing had more to do with Allen not getting along with certain players.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

George Allen
League: NFL

Team: 1978 Los Angeles Rams

Tenure: two games in the pre-season

Allen coached the Rams for two successful seasons before heading to the Washington football team. He made a return to Los Angeles after seven years in Washington only to be let go after two preseason games. The Rams lost the two games, but the firing had more to do with Allen not getting along with certain players.

We all know that at some point the Jets will break that record.  Firing a coach after 1 preseason game would just be soooo Jetsy.

• Haha 2

1-9 at the Week 11 bye is the best chance if reports are true about Gase being safe this week no matter what. If he doesn't get canned there, then we have to deal with him all year. On the bright side, that gives us a good chance to get the top pick since the team looks like they quit on him before the season even started.

They probably win Thursday but I wouldn’t put it past them to lose. If they lose, pressure to make a change only increases so I wouldn’t be surprised CJ cans him the next day. If they win, Gase buys some time. Problem for him is the schedule is rough and tough and there are just 2-3 other games they could possibly even compete and eek out a win. After the next 3 games, losses, he’s finally history.

Unfortunately, until we hear otherwise there's still no reason to believe the GM has the authority to make that call.

If it were up to me?  He never would've been hired in the first place.

What will most likely happen?  History of the Jets says the odds are very high that they wouldn't even really consider a firing until after the season is done.  Even then, as much as it pains me to say it, it may only take a few meaningless late season wins to get another season of the "turning it around" nonsense about Gase.  The only way it's even considered before the end of the year is meltdown of epic proportions, well beyond even the disaster of games we've seen so far this season.  I'm talking full on locker room mutiny that leaves the inexplicably dumber of the Johnson's with absolutely no other choice.