**** The Official 0-16 Watch Thread ****

RoadFan

I never thought in a temporary lapse of mediocre reason that the Jets would do worse than mediocrity. I was thinking 6-10, MAYYYBBEEEE 7-9 (because think big, I always say)?, but this is just . . . I don't know what this is. I'm not feeling 0-16, though. 2-14 has a lot more snap to it than 4-12. I'm sick of that one.

For those who weren't born yet, the Jets once went 3-11 three years in a row (before the NFL instituted a 16 game season). Talk about pre-teen Hell. '75, '76, and then '77, when I officially became a teenager. I mean, I know in many cultures turning 13 is a very heavy symbolic, ritualistic and/or religious Rite of Passage, but what the fck.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets hold the distinction of being the only team to do that. We hold a lot of chitty records. Chitty Bang Bang, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang we love you! High Chitty, Low Chitty, anywhere we go
on Chitty Chitty we depend

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

In 2 years, about 95% of the players on the Jets will be doing something other than playing football.

I get a worse vibe for this 2020 team than I had for the '96 team. 

That's great. I wish in two years that 95% of me would be doing something else other than hoping this team will be better than a nasty piece of chewed up bubble gum that isn't even Bazooka. 

On 10/2/2020 at 12:13 PM, ljr said:

if the Falcons or Giants go 0-16 as well as us ... what is the tiebreaker?  (strength of schedule?)

• Head-to-head, if applicable.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  • Strength of victory.
  • Strength of schedule.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

i think this is right, but not 100% sure bud

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, ljr said:

if the Falcons or Giants go 0-16 as well as us ... what is the tiebreaker?  (strength of schedule?)

23 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:
  • Head-to-head, if applicable.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  • Strength of victory.
  • Strength of schedule.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

i think this is right, but not 100% sure bud

No, I think this is for playoff seeding.  FIrst tiebreaker for draft order is strength of schedule.  From tankathon.com:

Tiebreakers: strength of schedule, division tiebreakers, conference tiebreakers, interconference tiebreakers, coin toss

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

No, I think this is for playoff seeding.  FIrst tiebreaker for draft order is strength of schedule.  From tankathon.com:

Tiebreakers: strength of schedule, division tiebreakers, conference tiebreakers, interconference tiebreakers, coin toss

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

ah sht sorry

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, peebag said:

In 2 years, about 95% of the players on the Jets will be doing something other than playing football.

I get a worse vibe for this 2020 team than I had for the '96 team. 

The 96 team was one of the first Jets teams I watched closely. 

This team is considerably worse than that team was. 

• Upvote 1

Still think we'll find a way to screw it up. And it probably wont take many wins to end up behind Atlanta/NYG/Washington/Jacksonville. Thankfully the NFC East trash have to play each other.

The Miami games are what scare me. Over the years our divisional games always throw up bizarre results. If the roles were reversed I'd fully expect Miami to win - In fact they did in similar circumstances last season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Still think we'll find a way to screw it up. And it probably wont take many wins to end up behind Atlanta/NYG/Washington/Jacksonville. Thankfully the NFC East trash have to play each other.

The Miami games are what scare me. Over the years our divisional games always throw up bizarre results. If the roles were reversed I'd fully expect Miami to win - In fact they did in similar circumstances last season.

The one difference between us and NYG/ATL/JAX ... we haven’t played anyone tough or close...the others teams have.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:53 PM, joewilly12 said:

1996 1-15

I was a dedicated season ticket holder who sat through every game until the clock read 00:00 

Many called me crazy and stupid here I am today feeling that we could go 0-16 this season. 

Resilient fans like myself attended every home game and stayed until the end. 

Good thing fans aren't allowed in this season I don't think there would be much of a crowd anyway. 

Rich Kotite with a glum yet clueless look. A look he patented in 1996.

I was there for every game and every crappy minute of the 1996 season.

I loved it somehow, such was my fandom.

As unlikely as it seems, Mims may eventually return and screw up the Lawrence scenario.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

The one difference between us and NYG/ATL/JAX ... we haven’t played anyone tough or close...the others teams have.

I know. We're clearly the worst team. Which will make it worse when we don't get the #1 pick.

We did play Denver close tbf. With Brett Rypien going across the country on a short week. LOL.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Denzel Mims isn't  changing a damn thing here this season only chance is if he's the next Jerry Rice. 

I'm right on board behind our fearless tank commander Gase but despite all the deficiencies of the Jets, those Jets receivers/TEs  outside of Crowder were stone-handed.

If they can catch a damn ball before our QBs get IR'ed behind that banged up O line of ours who knows how this season will play out...

• Upvote 1

Remember when some of us thought the Jets were in position to take over the division? Brady is gone, Allen is a bust, and Miami has a young QB coming off an injury. Haha. Dang were we wrong.

I was drinking the Green Koolaid with extra sugar before we heard from reporters that we suck.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2