Patrick Mahomes 'Definitely' Thought Jets Had Interest in Him Before 2017 Draft

When your misery index is below defcon and there is no glimmer of hope left is when you realize that the best player in the NFL coming to the Jets would have been a compete disaster for the player and his entire career wouldn’t even be half of what it is today if he were on this team. Where you’re almost even happy for the player because he didn’t have to come play here.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After he studied and trained under Andy Reid.

And also there’s no comparison with Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce versus our craptacular receivers  who couldn’t get open against Kyle Wilson 

Talent on the field has noting to do with being able to diagnose blitzes or reading defensive coverages. I made excuses for Darnold to for the past three years , its the mental aspect of the game that's shot with him right now.  

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Our fans are actively trying to keep Trevor from coming here. You guys don't think these college players poke around the internet? It all adds up (twitter, Instagram, message boards, reddit) and you're naive if you think it doesn't. We have fans from other teams bashing us all the time. It's worse that our fans do it every single day. This year is gone and we suck - we're trying to grab a generational talent and what people say matters. People think we've been the worst team on the field for a decade, when in fact we're not even close. Why? Because our own fans, the media, and fans of other teams pile on us all the time. It's beyond frustrating. 

You think Trevor needs to read my BS to know he shouldn't come here? There's 50 years of empirical evidence.  I'll be more sensitive though now that I know Trevor spends his off days listening to a drunk on Jetnation 

Sigh. 

maccagnsn passed on the entire QB class for sams class 

it actually would be better if they passed on mahomie for a safety but the truth is he didn’t think Watson or mahomes could change the culture here, which is an even bigger blunder to me because he was in the market for a QB but loved how sams teammates gravitated to him or some nonsense lol

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Gonna go out on a limb but I’ll say it, no way is Mahomes as good with these receivers and these coaches 

Going out on a limb vs blasphemy, you decide! Haha, c'mon, it's not going out on a limb at all. You can turn chopped liver into pate, but the Jets can turn foie gras into dog s hit. 

• 2 weeks later...