Throwback uniforms....

Jet Nut

I thought I heard last night I that today is throwback Sunday for both the Jets and Giants, I assume most of the league is dressing up in their throwbacks.   

The good news is I thought they said the Jets would be sporting their 70s through 90s uniforms.  Does that mean we'll finally see the Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons, Toon, Walker units?  Instead of the Titans uniform? 

Its been a long time coming if true

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, heymangold said:

would have to assume that a "throwback" uniform would have been highly publicized to make money off of.  doubt anything will be different.

Why?  They'd sell them to fans after seeing them on TV.  Didn't they do that with the color rush uniforms, they didn't sell them until after they were on TNF.  

Maybe if we were allowed into our seats it would make a difference 

The Jets don't seem to have a throwback currently.

The Titans throwbacks are long gone, and the NFL's rule of keeping the same helmets limits your design choices.

That said, we do have a green helmet again, so the 80s sack exchange unis are possible.

I'm not sure why the Jets don't already do this. It's a way to print money and pay homage to longtime fans. Take my damn money.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The Jets don't seem to have a throwback currently.

The Titans throwbacks are long gone, and the NFL's rule of keeping the same helmets limits your design choices.

That said, we do have a green helmet again, so the 80s sack exchange unis are possible.

I'm not sure why the Jets don't already do this. It's a way to print money and pay homage to longtime fans. Take my damn money.

I think they are doing this today

Not sure where you heard this but long story short after this season the NFL is dropping their one helmet rule, Bruce Arians let this slip in an interview last year.

This will allow teams to have multiple helmets like the good ole days! It also opens up the path for Nike to make a ridiculous amount of money from alternative jerseys and throwbacks. Look what they did with the NBA and their city edition jerseys etc.

The corporate fatcats at Nike are salivating for this rule to be removed because money talks!

On that note bring back the 68 all white unis as an alt and take my money ..NOW!!!!giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7rnyq92mfzm4be2d7edfgozbrh93m212ydftmsrz7&rid=giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Still the goofy helmet, though.  Go back to the classic Jet logo on the helmet.  Please.

If and when they change the one helmet rule, very easy to do. Just saying that the green helmet works against the green shoulders if we wanted to roll that way.  

The Jets already announced that we are wearing spotlight white jerseys with green pants. So there’s no throwback thing happening today, which of course makes sense.

SAR I

• Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

Did anyone get confirmation on this? Jets’ instagram seems to think it is just white on green jerseys—no mention of a throwback. I’d love a throwback; preferably thrown back to a time before crazy eyes killa was our coach. 

That’s what SNY reported last night.  Is and the Giants.  They specifically said we’d be in our 70-90s uniforms.  
I can’t figure out why it would be fake news and for what reason.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s what SNY reported last night.  Is and the Giants.  They specifically said we’d be in our 70-90s uniforms.  
Why it would be fake news and for what reason.  

I am watching the Jets pregame show on the NYJ YouTube channel and they are wearing their current, modern, uniforms.

They would never wear a special edition uniform without a week of hype and merchandise sales anyway. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought I heard last night I that today is throwback Sunday for both the Jets and Giants, I assume most of the league is dressing up in their throwbacks.   

The good news is I thought they said the Jets would be sporting their 70s through 90s uniforms.  Does that mean we'll finally see the Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons, Toon, Walker units?  Instead of the Titans uniform? 

Its been a long time coming if true

I heard we're going with "Spotlight White" today.

/s