Is Adam Gase trying to get fired?

Alka

I remember reading articles at the time that said he pretty much quit on the team and shot his way out of Miami when it became clear that the media and fanbase was completely against him. But he had also caused that team to have to part with some talented players. At least we dont have any talent for him to run off because he doesn't like them (Maybe Bell?). We only had *potential* talent for him to ruin over the past 2 years, which he did wonderfully. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

By far the worst coach in the league in all phases.

worst in league for who he likes for players and plays

worst for offensive scheme

worst for game planning

worst for play calls

No one is even close.

Worst Coach in Jets History, leading what looks to be the worst team in NFL history.

• Upvote 2

He doesn't need to try and get fired when he's just a loser by nature, naturally. 

Peyton Manning owes us an apology. 

I honestly believe that Peyton Manning has had an NFL grudge against us since dating back to Bill Parcells playing hard ball with him heading into the draft (before returning back to Tennessee) and therefore he recommended Adam Gase to us as some type of spiteful and mean joke; as a way of really getting the last laugh. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Hes a horrible coach.  hes also clearly part of the tank.  thats why he hasnt been fired yet and could unfortunately be back next year.

Thanks allot for being part of the tanking Adam, we've decided to reward you with a tank of your very own, It's made out of die-cast metal and the turret goes around

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The part where fans believe coaches & players are throwing games for next years coaches and players advantage 

Ah, but that's the key to a tank.  The head coach a) needs to know he's coming back next year and b) is onboard to do those little things that cost him the games he wants to lose.  Makes the head coach look like an idiot in some circles, but he isn't.

SAR I

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Now that we're safely past the MIA trap game, I think we should grant his wish and send him home for a 2-year paid vacation.  My dislike for him has grown beyond what it was for Bowles, which was mountainous.  I don't have a good adjective for how much I despise seeing Gase and Loggains on the sideline.

Gase and Douglas want their own quarterback and that quarterback is Trevor Lawrence.  So they are doing everything they can to get him.

It was clear to everyone that Darnold was a bust by Week 4 and that's when the fire sale took place.  Gase, Douglas, and Johnson are all-in on the tank, will get the #1 pick, and will win some games next year.  A year, by the way, where Jets season ticket holders won't be asked to buy tickets again.  Those of us who pay the bills are not impacted by this at all.  Whether we go 0-16 or 5-11 makes no difference.

The only thing standing in their way to pull this off are 5 meaningless games and a couple hundred whiny SOJF's.  Gase can handle the games.  You all need to handle yourselves.  It's for the best.  You'll be happy in 2022 for the price you're paying in 2020.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Church01 said:

Gase and Sam are the worst coach/qb combo in NFL history. Any high school coach in the country could do as well if not better than Gase. I don't think he is trying to get fired, I just think he's that bad a coach.

Sam Darnold is a terrible quarterback and is gone next year.

Adam Gase is rebuilding this organization from the ground-up and will be back next year.

Your SOJF whining is a waste of your time.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, but that's the key to a tank.  The head coach a) needs to know he's coming back next year and b) is onboard to do those little things that cost him the games he wants to lose.  Makes the head coach look like an idiot in some circles, but he isn't.

SAR I

Yeah, the NFL is littered with HCs who as part of an imagined tank come back to lead the team to imaginary greatness.

I get the schtick though

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, the NFL is littered with HCs who as part of an imagined tank come back to lead the team to imaginary greatness.

Whether a tank or not, the NFL is littered with HC's who led weak rosters to a weak record and then came back from oblivion to find success.

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15.  Almost got fired.  His owner stood by him.  Won the Super Bowl 3 years later.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Whether a tank or not, the NFL is littered with HC's who led weak rosters to a weak record and then came back from oblivion to find success.

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15.  Almost got fired.  His owner stood by him.  Won the Super Bowl 3 years later.

SAR I

That 1-15 JJ season was his first year as an NFL head coach. 

JJ never went 0-16 during his 5th year (like Gase) and already had 2 SBs by the end of his 5th year (unlike Gase). 

Horrible coaching "comparison". 

Jimmy also had something Gase lacks; personality and character (and was loved, not hated by his players). 

909553476_unnamed(2).jpg.758e5f01f3bb1ff167a5045b8e616556.jpg

AP_94013001312_r600x400.jpg.05bb6bffac8908588edfed5bdfd0c546.jpg

vs.

1e2987f57462422ab3c2329f79394383.jpg.fe2ef05382ee9297006844ba0cd1357a.jpg

adam-gase-10120-ftr_1ujigdkuyfnzk1wpqwd6nxo10i.thumb.png.175eb934870bd374d29d1456dfc40171.png

Your coach is nothing more than a SAD loser (no matter where he goes, it's just who he is). 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That 1-15 JJ season was his first year as an NFL head coach. 

JJ never went 0-16 during his 5th year (like Gase) and already had 2 SBs by the end of his 5th year (unlike Gase). 

Horrible coaching "comparison". 

Jimmy also had something Gase lacks; personality and character (and was loved, not hated by his players). 

vs.

Your coach is nothing more than a SAD loser (no matter where he goes, it's just who he is). 

The Gase/Douglas partnership is in Year 1.  They've had 1 draft.  They've had 1 free agency period.

No different than the 1-15 Johnson/Jones partnership in Dallas.

Gase and Douglas deserve their own quarterback and their own roster.  Trying to make it work with Mike Maccagnan's 53 and Bust Darnold isn't fair to them nor would it be considered acceptable to any potential future HC or GM worth a damn.

You wanted the Jets to do it "the right way".  This is what it looks like in the first year.  Suck it up, buttercup.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Gase/Douglas partnership is in Year 1.  They've had 1 draft.  They've had 1 free agency period.

Gase and Douglas deserve their own quarterback and their own roster.  Trying to make it work with Mike Maccagnan's 53 and Bust Darnold isn't fair to them nor would it be considered acceptable to any potential future HC or GM worth a damn.

You wanted the Jets to do it "the right way".  This is what it looks like in the first year.  Suck it up, buttercup.

SAR I

This is his 5th NFL season (4th losing year) and after 0-16 he'll be FIRED (just like he was FIRED in Miami). 

1e2987f57462422ab3c2329f79394383.jpg.545e2537c0cf5773374cf01282cb891f.jpg

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The Jets have been dead last in passing offense for almost two years now. This is who he is. 

Gase would rather lose his way than win someone else’s way. He’s a narcissistic stubborn misanthrope.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He doesn't need to try and get fired when he's just a loser by nature, naturally. 

Peyton Manning owes us an apology. 

I honestly believe that Peyton Manning has had an NFL grudge against us since dating back to Bill Parcells playing hard ball with him heading into the draft (before returning back to Tennessee) and therefore he recommended Adam Gase to us as some type of spiteful and mean joke; as a way of really getting the last laugh. 

Hell, if it leads to Trevor Lawrence, the Jets would end up getting that last laugh lol. 

8 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I’d love to be a fly in the wall when CJ tries to convince Woody that Gase is still the guy to coach what some people say is the next generational QB.

I’d never thought I’d say this, Only Woody can save us from Gase.

lol.

I still think it’s 50/50 Gase is the Jets coach next year

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

JJ never almost got fired in year 1.  

JJ was a great college HC who rebuilt the Cowboys, JJ was HC and GM.  Difference, is JJ wasnt a HC already fired once, with a dubious NFL past and was molding his QB and team.  Gase has ruined a promising NFL QB and team.  Gase never had a success like JJ was coming off his time at Miami.  

This is a horrible comparison.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

JJ never almost got fired in year 1.  

JJ was a great college HC who rebuilt the Cowboys, JJ was HC and GM.  Difference, is JJ wasnt a HC already fired once, with a dubious NFL past and was molding his QB and team.  Gase has ruined a promising NFL QB and team.  Gase never had a success like JJ was coming off his time at Miami.  

This is a horrible comparison.  

If you don't like that comparison, pick another.  Dick Vermeil was a disaster for 2 years in St. Louis, found Kurt Warner bagging groceries, and went 37-11 the next three seasons.  

The NFL is full of examples of Adam Gase records turning into Bill Belichick records.  It's about the players.  Our roster sucks.  We all know why.  Adam Gase isn't responsible for it.  Swap Andy Reid for Adam Gase tomorrow and the Chiefs win the Super Bowl and we'd be flying planes for Andy Reid.  It's how it works.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It will be interesting reading your 180 turn on Gase after he is fired, the same way you 180 turned on Darnold this year.

Reading you the past few years has been interesting, to say the least.  

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The part where fans believe coaches & players are throwing games for next years coaches and players advantage 

yea really. 

Why would any player volunteer to play like crap to help their team get the number 1 pick? Whats in it for them?

At the end of the day every player is a free agent and hurting their brand, their ability to make maximum money and play elsewhere is a foolish idea.

Jets suck because they suck. Gase is trying to win

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold is a terrible quarterback and is gone next year.

Adam Gase is rebuilding this organization from the ground-up and will be back next year.

Your SOJF whining is a waste of your time.

SAR I

You know, I am starting to believe this story more and more, because yesterday's game was so poorly coached that the only explanation for it was that Gase was tanking intentionally.  The key test will be the Week 17 NEP game, where two evil "geniuses" try to out wit one another to see how to lose a game better.   That is the game you start James Morgan, just to be sure.  

But there are two counters to your theory-

1-last year, and the first four games of this year, where it did not appear that the Jets were intentionally tanking, the coaching and game plans were just awful.  Cincinnati last year-inexcusable.  Yes, Gase found alot of wins at the end of the season, but he has a knack for completely whiffing game plans. 

2-It does not matter what a couple of 100 whiny SOJFs think at this point.   Trevor Lawrence needs to be sold.  If he makes noise that he does not want to play for Gase, that will say something.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It will be interesting reading your 180 turn on Gase after he is fired, the same way you 180 turned on Darnold this year.

If SORE had a third side of his/her mouth, he/she would be speaking out of it.

CCE1E4A4-C746-4839-B163-AD5106033812.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I 180 turned on Darnold this year because there was a dramatic fall-off in his abilities between last year's 6-2 finish and this year's 0-7 open.  The guy is not a good quarterback.  I thought that after last season and being quarantined for 3 months in Jordan Palmer's House of Quarterbacks, he was going to take steps forward this year.  He didn't.  Because he can't.

As for Gase, I think he's done the best he can with a roster this bad, a quarterback this bad, and devastating injuries.  After the fire sales and trades, surely looks like he's a partner with Johnson on doing what's necessary for 2021 here in 2020 and is getting a mulligan for this lost season.  We'll see.

SAR I

18 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

If Gase was trying to get fired he would play Flacco and try to win a game. He's being a good soldier because it's the only chance he's got of keeping this job or getting another.

Are you saying Gase is intentionally  throwing games? I know the fans want the team to lose but yoy think the players and coaches are trying to lose?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, varjet said:

You know, I am starting to believe this story more and more, because yesterday's game was so poorly coached that the only explanation for it was that Gase was tanking intentionally. 

/ENDTHREAD

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

But there are two counters to your theory-

1-last year, and the first four games of this year, where it did not appear that the Jets were intentionally tanking, the coaching and game plans were just awful.  Cincinnati last year-inexcusable.  Yes, Gase found alot of wins at the end of the season, but he has a knack for completely whiffing game plans. 

This is no different than any other head coach in the NFL, they all have dud games where they guessed wrong and had a bad gameplan or they made bad in-game decisions and called a bad game.  Teams with good rosters can overcome a bad gameplan, it's the players who play after all.  But with a roster that's this razor-thin with talent, just a few injuries, a few trades, and an opt-out can magnify these strategic things.  Point is, Gase is no better or worse at preparation that other coaches; he just doesn't have enough good players to hide the warts.

40 minutes ago, varjet said:

2-It does not matter what a couple of 100 whiny SOJFs think at this point.   Trevor Lawrence needs to be sold.  If he makes noise that he does not want to play for Gase, that will say something.  

On this I agree.  The two things that will get Gase fired are: 1) losing the locker room or 2) Lawrence's people getting word that they don't want Gase.  Media bias and fan outrage aren't factors, not this time.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

18 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Hes a horrible coach.  hes also clearly part of the tank.  thats why he hasnt been fired yet and could unfortunately be back next year.

There is no way they are trying to lose. I saw players trying to win yesterday. They aren't part of the tank. The only ones who use the tank phrase are fans because we think Lawrence will save this team which is also not true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1