Maye going after Gregg Williams

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It was obviously an atrocious call worthy of being questioned.

Worked out for us fans but I genuinely feel for the players. They deserved to win the game.

But just think how happy they'll be watching Trevor Lawrence at QB for the Jets, while 10-15 of them are on other teams and another 15-20 are doing routes for FedEx?

• Haha 1

Honestly why not blitz? Carr threw a couple sh*tty deep balls in a row, so make him throw another while moving to avoid the blitz. If Jackson had his head on right he'd know the only play you can't give up is a TD and thats exactly what he did

It's the defensive version of Andy Reid calling a throwing play on 3rd down to end the game. 

• Upvote 1

Belichick always played back at the endzone & only lost once! Gronk was old slow & slipped. 
BB will always play back with everything in front. Last play having to be a TD & you leave a completely rookie CB on the fastest guy in last years draft? Tanknormous call! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m not blaming Gase for the call, but he does know the call before the play is run, right?

Of course.  He has full veto power.  If this play was just a "brain fart" (and no way do I think it was), then both Gase and GW need to be fired tonight.

Btw, if it was tanking, isn't that a crime?

29 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I didn't watch the game but I have to ask this:

If there really is a “tank” going on and the high brass and coaches are all in on it, why did this happen on the last play? Arent you jeopardizing the tank by leaving it all to a hail mary 50 plus yards out?

This is correct.  You aren't tanking it doesn't come down to that.  It was still one on one and our guy got beat.

At 0-11 you send the house...take it to them.  That's what GW did. 

• Thumb Down 1

We could be heading into the draft  having Dalvin Cook @ RB and already lined up for Trevor Lawrence on a rookie contract right now...

but instead got stuck with a FS with zero ball hawking ability of whatsoever and who's rated and graded lower and worse in pass coverage here in 2020 than Jamal Adams ever was for us (as a Jet) but yet gets a free pass by JN. 

and now he's blaming everyone else except himself for his whiffed and missed TD tackle that allowed Waller to prance right into the end zone?

He'll criticize Gregg Williams but not himself for bad play?

I can't respect that cowardly heart. 

He's just another Maccagnan crap pick. 

He should be more like Quinnen Williams within the trenches and less like Marcus Maye @ Free Safety and maybe just maybe I could one day say that I've watched him absolutely dominate a secondary before; because I haven't. 

I've watched HS kids down here in Florida who look way better than that in the open field when in tackling position;

Marcus Maye is yet another Jets 2nd round bust pick; who's a soon to be 30 year old and overhyped pick who's not worthy of a higher paid 2nd NFL contract; let another team overpay for his services and maybe then we can draft a ballhawking FS who doesn't moves like a STIFF. 

• Upvote 1

It was a terrible call by Williams. Period. There are 13 seconds to go and the Raiders have no TO's and you have a rookie cb (who sucks) one on one with one of the fastest guys in the league. You have to have more guys back in that situation. If I wasn't on the tank brigade I would have had a stroke. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

It was a terrible call by Williams. Period. There are 13 seconds to go and the Raiders have no TO's and you have a rookie cb (who sucks) one on one with one of the fastest guys in the league. You have to have more guys back in that situation. If I wasn't on the tank brigade I would have had a stroke. 

Ruggs is also a rookie. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Should clean tonight honestly 

He needs to STFU and stop feeding these assholes everything they are praying for so they can keep beating this organization down, also makes their job way to easy.

42 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We could be heading into the draft  having Dalvin Cook @ RB and already lined up for Trevor Lawrence on a rookie contract right now...

but instead got stuck with a FS with zero ball hawking ability of whatsoever and who's rated and graded lower and worse in pass coverage here in 2020 than Jamal Adams ever was for us (as a Jet) but yet gets a free pass by JN. 

and now he's blaming everyone else except himself for his whiffed and missed TD tackle that allowed Waller to prance right into the end zone?

He'll criticize Gregg Williams but not himself for bad play?

I can't respect that cowardly heart. 

He's just another Maccagnan crap pick. 

He should be more like Quinnen Williams within the trenches and less like Marcus Maye @ Free Safety and maybe just maybe I could one day say that I've watched him absolutely dominate a secondary before; because I haven't. 

I've watched HS kids down here in Florida who look way better than that in the open field when in tackling position;

Marcus Maye is yet another Jets 2nd round bust pick; who's a soon to be 30 year old and overhyped pick who's not worthy of a higher paid 2nd NFL contract; let another team overpay for his services and maybe then we can draft a ballhawking FS who doesn't moves like a STIFF. 

What in the living f*ck does Dalvin Cook have to do with anything besides being one of your several unnerving obsessions? We could be going into the offseason with Pat Mahomes... So what?

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This stuff is all pure BS.  As I said in another thread, look back on allof Rogers hail marys, the kyler murray hail mary those worked because the Defense brought no pressure let the Qb run around and put a ton of guys into the endzone, it didn;t matter.

Williams decided to bring pressure, it didn;t work, it is no worse of a call than going the other route.

And what’s the percentage of the Hail Mary?   Pretty low, about as successful as the current onsides kick . That’s why it’s called The Hail Mary!