After you're done crying about Lawrence, watch the Boca Raton Bowl on Tuesday

BroadwayRay

"After the season, Wilson had undergo shoulder surgery for a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. He had dealt with it since high school, but it progressively worsened over time during his freshman season."

Pro Football Network

Wilson is talented, accurate and all of that but durable?  Is that ridiculous question?  
Torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, he's had additional surgery on his throwing hand.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

BYU v UCF, 7 pm, ESPN,

Then tell me Zach Wilson isn't good and that the Jets shouldn't pick him with the #2 pick. No, he's not Lawrence, but he's got possibly the most accurate arm in college football and is the highest PFF-rated QB in college football this year.

I don't know what to say to the high-level analysts around here who don't like him because of his headband, his height or because of the school he plays for.

Nobody with a name Zach will be winning QB in the league. Just like when you never bet on a grey horse.

18 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

BYU v UCF, 7 pm, ESPN,

Then tell me Zach Wilson isn't good and that the Jets shouldn't pick him with the #2 pick. No, he's not Lawrence, but he's got possibly the most accurate arm in college football and is the highest PFF-rated QB in college football this year.

I don't know what to say to the high-level analysts around here who don't like him because of his headband, his height or because of the school he plays for.

Zach Wilson may be good but isn’t worth the 2nd pick

if we aren’t picking Lawrence at 1 by some miracle we need to trade the 2nd pick for all we can get and speed up the rebuild. 

hope some teams really want Sewel or Fields 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

"After the season, Wilson had undergo shoulder surgery for a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. He had dealt with it since high school, but it progressively worsened over time during his freshman season."

Pro Football Network

Wilson is talented, accurate and all of that but durable?  Is that ridiculous question?  
Torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, he's had additional surgery on his throwing hand.

Excellent....sounds like we’ve found our man.

He has Jet first rounder written all over him.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

Nobody with a name Zach will be winning QB in the league. Just like when you never bet on a grey horse.

When I was a kid my buddy told me it was cool to bet the one grey horse because he sticks right out of the pack and is easy to see.

But I soon learned that just like you said...grey horses never f**kin win haha.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Seriously, I didn't realize Zach Wilson was that skinny.

Then again, so was Tom Brady.

You didn't realize it because he's not. He's listed as 6'-3" and about 210 pounds. Same height as Mahomes and 15 pounds lighter than Mahomes' combine weight. I don't know where these bozos get their info, but it's funny to watch people make stuff up about a prospect they know nothing about.

tom-brady-nfl-combinejpg-e3968c20398628c0.thumb.jpg.e76347ba79d34ad6b7e38bb4c6d83def.jpg

DCeW_4qVYAAJXsS.thumb.jpg.61f0bd03fb9b2335e333b942cfb7d796.jpg

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

BYU v UCF, 7 pm, ESPN,

I'd prefer a trade back, if offered to the 5-7 range and take Wilson. I do prefer him to Trask, Fields and Lance. 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You didn't realize it because he's not. He's listed as 6'-3" and about 210 pounds. Same height as Mahomes and 15 pounds lighter than Mahomes' combine weight. I don't know where these bozos get their info, but it's funny to watch people make stuff up about a prospect they know nothing about.

tom-brady-nfl-combinejpg-e3968c20398628c0.thumb.jpg.e76347ba79d34ad6b7e38bb4c6d83def.jpg

Okay, he definitely looks more fit than Tom Brady, lol. And besides, like I implied, Brady did okay for himself.

22 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Listed at 6’3” 215 but really looks 6’1 and 195. He’s played well but I don’t trust it. Don’t like injury history, looks fragile and while I only have seen him in a limited capacity I was never overly impressed. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

BYU v UCF, 7 pm, ESPN,

I like Wilson more than Fields. He has a very strong arm, he moves well/throws on the run well, he’s accurate and he has some moxy to him.

4 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I like Zach Wilson, but I'm not sure if he is worth the #2 overall pick.

It's Trevor Lawrence or bust. If the Jets don't secure the #1 pick, I don't think they are taking a QB in the the first round barring a trade back.

The Jets need a QB, unless you’re eager to watch Darnold throw 150 yards and two interceptions per game in 2021, too  

Given that fact, passing on a QB in the first round would be a repeat of the foolish nonsense that led to the Jets passing on Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson and resting their hopes on the likes of Kellen Clemens, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty and Christian Hachenberg. 

Taking Wilson isn’t some hairbrained scheme I just cooked up. It’s been widely reported that he is considered the #2 QB by a lot of teams and some prominent analysts have already mocked him as the #2 pick in the draft.