The Jets will lose the next two, the Jags will win one of the next two

Maxman

14 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

He has to build a competitive team before he can draft a QB. Otherwise you're setting up your QB for failure. I think he knows this. He hasn't been publicly critical of Darnold, and always spoke about 'giving him a chance'. 

Joe Douglas hasn't really said much of anything.  What type of control/power does he actually have? He's not going to be running the coaching search...and he obviously didnt have the power to sit Darnold and play Morgan to ensure Lawrence. Fans need to come to terms with the Jets GM just being a body/scout who runs the draft and takes orders on everything else. The Johnsons and the biz side make the big decisions.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Jaguars sat their punter yesterday, their PUNTER!!!!

They know whats at stake and they will not even come close to winning. 

Jets are the dumbest franchise in all of sports and second place is not even close.

I hope the Johnsons are proud of this one win season. Merry Christmas boys

Our punter made a game saving tackle...you really can’t make this stuff up . 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

If the jets end up with the #1 pick I will donate $300 to the charity of JN choice

Come on guys, commit to donating an amount and maybe we can have the football gods be on our side for once. 

Merging this with my thread on the same thought.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Joe Douglas hasn't really said much of anything.  What type of control/power does he actually have? He's not going to be running the coaching search...and he obviously didnt have the power to sit Darnold and play Morgan to ensure Lawrence. Fans need to come to terms with the Jets GM just being a body/scout who runs the draft and takes orders on everything else. The Johnsons and the biz side make the big decisions.

I agree.   It doesn’t seem like JD has any leadership authority, or leadership ability within this franchise.  This is why I feel like nothing will ever change with this franchise.  It’s the same cycle of dysfunction year after year.  I think I’ve reached the point where i don’t even care anymore, it’s all just comical now.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Shouldn’t you donate IF WE GET the pick? Jesus man are you kidding. You’re just pushing more karmic forces to us not getting the pick with this thread.

Yes please keep believing in superstition. Good plan.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I agree.   It doesn’t seem like JD has any leadership authority, or leadership ability within this franchise.  This is why I feel like nothing will ever change with this franchise.  It’s the same cycle of dysfunction year after year.  I think I’ve reached the point where i don’t even care anymore, it’s all just comical now.  

It's maddening, but its easier just to accept it. The "what do you think JD is thinking" posts/comments you have to chuckle at. He's clearing a GM paycheck and running the draft. There is no overarching plan. No Lawrence? Oh well, I still have at least 3 more years of big boy money from the Johnson's. Maybe one day the Jets will luck into a quarterback that can compensate for the intentional silly power structure, but at this point....doubtful.

• Upvote 2

I have not lost hope on the Jags beating the Bears at home next week.

We're talking about the ******* bears and Mitchell Tri-suck-ski.  I watched them lose a 10 point lead to the Lions with 2 minutes to go a few weeks ago.

I know, Bears looked good this week....which is exactly why there's a good chance they'll come out next week and suck up the joint.

Plan B is to have the Colts lock in the playoff spot before week 17 and sit their starters in order to avoid 15 years of TL in the AFC south.

i haven't lost all hope yet.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

1. The Jets will lose the next two games

2. The Jaguars will win one of the next two games

....and then Belichick will throw the Jets game and we don't get Lawrence, again.

Losing yesterday was a blessing in disguise.  Better to blow Trevor Lawrence with the boys playing hard for an unexpected win than to have Trevor Lawrence stolen from us by a smirking Bill Belichick.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I have not lost hope on the Jags beating the Bears at home next week.

We're talking about the ******* bears and Mitchell Tri-suck-ski.  I watched them lose a 10 point lead to the Lions with 2 minutes to go a few weeks ago.

I know, Bears looked good this week....which is exactly why there's a good chance they'll come out next week and suck up the joint.

Plan B is to have the Colts lock in the playoff spot before week 17 and sit their starters in order to avoid 15 years of TL in the AFC south.

i haven't lost all hope yet.

The Trubisky hate is insane.  They are 5-2 with him starting this year and 2-5 when not starting.  

Anything can happen in one game but Trubisky is not a bad QB.

Just now, SAR I said:

....and then Belichick will throw the Jets game and we don't get Lawrence, again.

Losing yesterday was a blessing in disguise.  Better to blow Trevor Lawrence with the boys playing hard for an unexpected win than to have Trevor Lawrence stolen from us by Bill Belichick.

SAR I

Bill Belichick isn't throwing anything, do people still not understand the Pats dynasty was about Brady?

7 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Thats great because im wasting my night of sleep watching film on Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Penei Sewell and I'm not sold yet

How about Trey Lance?  There's usually a surprise QB in the draft.  My hunch is that he could be the one this year.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Bill Belichick isn't throwing anything, do people still not understand the Pats dynasty was about Brady?

Belichick hates the Jets, doesn't want us to succeed, surely doesn't want to face Lawrence twice a year, and has bent and broken every rule in the book.

There was no way Belichick was letting us out of Foxboro with a loss when it looked like we were going to get Trevor and if the Jags do something stupid and win a game, Bill is there to ruin it for us again.  Don't be rooting for a Jags win.  It's only going to let Belichick stick it to us again.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I have no knowledge of Trey Lance.  Why are you so high on his potential?

Just from what I've read (and a few videos I've seen).  It would be a ballsy move for Joe D to roll the dice on Lance when we haven't seen Sam with even a remotely decent supporting cast, but that's why he gets paid the big bucks. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just from what I've read (and a few videos I've seen).  It would be a ballsy move for Joe D to roll the dice on Lance when we haven't seen Sam with even a remotely decent supporting cast, but that's why he gets paid the big bucks. 

Thanks very much for the information.   Guess I need to read up on him.

42 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's maddening, but its easier just to accept it. The "what do you think JD is thinking" posts/comments you have to chuckle at. He's clearing a GM paycheck and running the draft. There is no overarching plan. No Lawrence? Oh well, I still have at least 3 more years of big boy money from the Johnson's. Maybe one day the Jets will luck into a quarterback that can compensate for the intentional silly power structure, but at this point....doubtful.

Exactly this. The fact that Gase was retained and Sam was allowed to play is just bonkers, and speaks to how little input JD has. Even if you believe in JD, you'd be a fool to think he can affect change given the Johnsons dynamic. 

It's why I've been generally absent from the boards and haven't cared to spend any time watching this team on Sundays - choosing to hang out with my wife and 2 babies instead. There's no reason to care. 

This team had two golden opportunities in the last three years: build around Sam ******* Darnold, and tank for Trevor. We had an opportunity to draft and acquire offensive talent, get a real coaching staff, and play to the talents of a great prospect on a rookie deal. Instead, we drafted more defense, spent money on more defense, and hired adam ******* gase. I basically stopped caring there. 

Then when we got to 0-8, I thought Trevor might be a possibility. I don't view him as a generational prospect by any stretch, but he's a great prospect in his own right. But week after week, I'd see final scores that were too close for comfort, and Gase continued to be employed and Sam continued to be trotted out. Told me all I needed to know. 

Coaches and players will always try to win. It's in their DNA, and honestly, that's what I'd want on my team. You think Sam isn't absolutely thrilled that he just potentially saved his job? You think Gase wanted to be one of a handful of 0-season coaches? It's up to management to know when to step in and cut that out. Neither the Johnsons nor JD stepped in, so for me it was a foregone conclusion that we'd win one somewhere. I didn't expect it to be last night, but sure enough, here we are. And other than for a few fleeting moments after the game, I don't even care. 

I'm not upset about losing out on Lawrence. I believe the marginal differences between highly touted 1st round prospects are negligible except for certain cases like Peyton or Elway. I believe coaching is more important for the vast majority of cases. I believe better QBs are coming out in larger quantities year over year and that coaching and rule changes favor their success, so therefore we don't need to have a generational prospect to win. I believe if we build the team and get the right coaching, we'll be able to take another QB and have great success. The reason I don't care is because I don't believe we have the ownership or the GM to actually do what needs to be done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Belichick hates the Jets, doesn't want us to succeed, surely doesn't want to face Lawrence twice a year, and has bent and broken every rule in the book.

There was no way Belichick was letting us out of Foxboro with a loss when it looked like we were going to get Trevor and if the Jags do something stupid and win a game, Bill is there to ruin it for us again.  Don't be rooting for a Jags win.  It's only going to let Belichick stick it to us again.

SAR I

It took a Jets Collapse for him to beat us the first time.  Chances are they Jets were going to win regardless.  

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It took a Jets Collapse for him to beat us the first time.  Chances are they Jets were going to win regardless.  

The first time the Pats were still in playoff contention, this time, no go.

The Jets are going to beat the Patriots is my point.  Not only are we the better team, not only are we playing better, but Bill doesn't want us to lose.  Add it all up, we're going 2-14.  Hell, we may go 3-13.  If we shut down high flying Sean McVay, not exactly worried about Baker Mayfield.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The first time the Pats were still in playoff contention, this time, no go.

The Jets are going to beat the Patriots is my point.  Not only are we the better team, not only are we playing better, but Bill doesn't want us to lose.  Add it all up, we're going 2-14.  Hell, we may go 3-13.  If we shut down high flying Sean McVay, not exactly worried about Baker Mayfield.

SAR I

Yeah and the Jets nearly beat them the first time, should have beat them.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

1. The Jets will lose the next two games

2. The Jaguars will win one of the next two games

3. The Jets will end up with the 1st overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft

I am so confident in this, I will make this deal:

When I am proven right:

• Everyone has to no longer make eye contact with me in the hallways
  • I must always be called Max Sir unless I tell you it is okay to call me just call me Max
  • All of my past sins on this forum are forgiven (hey now) and are no longer admissible.  Let's call it a pardon for all past or future crimes

If I am wrong, I won't be but if I am wrong, I donate $250 to the charity or charitable cause that the board picks

Haven't you done enough damage already?

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yeah and the Jets nearly beat them the first time, should have beat them.

If you look at it objectively:

Broncos
Patriots
Raiders

All were games that the defense blew in the last 30 seconds.

Rams
Patriots

Two games that are (or are about to be) actual wins.

That's the exact 5-11 record that the NFL experts predicted for the Jets back in June with perfect health, with CJ Mosley, with Jamal Adams, with Mims Perriman Crowder Becton all playing, and with Darnold taking next-steps.  None of that happened.  Yet we still played like the very 5 win team we were supposed to be back in June.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Exactly this. The fact that Gase was retained and Sam was allowed to play is just bonkers, and speaks to how little input JD has. Even if you believe in JD, you'd be a fool to think he can affect change given the Johnsons dynamic. 

It's why I've been generally absent from the boards and haven't cared to spend any time watching this team on Sundays - choosing to hang out with my wife and 2 babies instead. There's no reason to care. 

This team had two golden opportunities in the last three years: build around Sam ******* Darnold, and tank for Trevor. We had an opportunity to draft and acquire offensive talent, get a real coaching staff, and play to the talents of a great prospect on a rookie deal. Instead, we drafted more defense, spent money on more defense, and hired adam ******* gase. I basically stopped caring there. 

Then when we got to 0-8, I thought Trevor might be a possibility. I don't view him as a generational prospect by any stretch, but he's a great prospect in his own right. But week after week, I'd see final scores that were too close for comfort, and Gase continued to be employed and Sam continued to be trotted out. Told me all I needed to know. 

Coaches and players will always try to win. It's in their DNA, and honestly, that's what I'd want on my team. You think Sam isn't absolutely thrilled that he just potentially saved his job? You think Gase wanted to be one of a handful of 0-season coaches? It's up to management to know when to step in and cut that out. Neither the Johnsons nor JD stepped in, so for me it was a foregone conclusion that we'd win one somewhere. I didn't expect it to be last night, but sure enough, here we are. And other than for a few fleeting moments after the game, I don't even care. 

I'm not upset about losing out on Lawrence. I believe the marginal differences between highly touted 1st round prospects are negligible except for certain cases like Peyton or Elway. I believe coaching is more important for the vast majority of cases. I believe better QBs are coming out in larger quantities year over year and that coaching and rule changes favor their success, so therefore we don't need to have a generational prospect to win. I believe if we build the team and get the right coaching, we'll be able to take another QB and have great success. The reason I don't care is because I don't believe we have the ownership or the GM to actually do what needs to be done. 

I mean just 3 more games and they had a QB on the roster who they just drafted- the alibi was already set. No one would have been upset at the Jets giving Morgan a look. Screwing this up is so Jets. 

• Upvote 2