3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

1. The Jets will lose the next two games

2. The Jaguars will win one of the next two games

3. The Jets will end up with the 1st overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft

I am so confident in this, I will make this deal:

When I am proven right:

• Everyone has to no longer make eye contact with me in the hallways
  • I must always be called Max Sir unless I tell you it is okay to call me just call me Max
  • All of my past sins on this forum are forgiven (hey now) and are no longer admissible.  Let's call it a pardon for all past or future crimes

If I am wrong, I won't be but if I am wrong, I donate $250 to the charity or charitable cause that the board picks

image.gif.b1340edbbcefadea3436fb7713ce8a8b.gif

6 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Thats great because im wasting my night of sleep watching film on Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Penei Sewell and I'm not sold yet

Yeah don’t do that. Lol. 
no Wilson with 2nd pick 

fields if you’re new HC and OC really want him and are prepared to design offense for him

Sewel- maybe, but hope a team in need trades a nice package of picks 

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I’m 50% there with you, but even if Jax wins next week, that jets team that showed up Sunday can beat the Patriots 

You absolutely cannot put the same guys out there if that is the case. If Sam plays well this week, which I think he will, and you have the #1 pick, sit him. His stock will be much higher and you preserve the pick. Put in Morgan, not Flacco.

There is zero chance of the Jags winning a game. 

They need Lawrence more than the Jets, their owner has presided over record-setting losing streaks in all but one of his 8 seasons. 

The Jets already have a QB - whether we like him or not - and they won't be looking at this draft as life or death in the same vein 

Jaguars sat their punter yesterday, their PUNTER!!!!

They know whats at stake and they will not even come close to winning. 

Jets are the dumbest franchise in all of sports and second place is not even close.

I hope the Johnsons are proud of this one win season. Merry Christmas boys

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

When I am proven right:

• I must always be called Max Sir unless I tell you it is okay to call me just call me Max
  • All of my past sins on this forum are forgiven (hey now) and are no longer admissible.  Let's call it a pardon for all past or future crimes

If I am wrong, I won't be but if I am wrong, I donate $250 to the charity or charitable cause that the board picks

What about future sins? 

• Upvote 1

I like your optimism.  Never say never.  It could happen.  Now that the tank is most likely ruined,  the big question here is what to do with Sam.  The Browns need to beat the Jets for playoff position so they are going to give full effort.  Can Sam play a second consecutive solid game and manufacture a win?  I believe if Sam reverts back to his old form for this game, he will be traded and the Jets will draft a  TBD QB.

1 minute ago, jackhuntr said:

If the Colts have a playoff spot locked up and nothing to play for week 17, will they rest their starters? And do you think they want to see Trevor Lawrence in their division for the next 15 years?

Do you know the tiebreakers?  They split with tennessee and are tied and both are likely to lose this week.  I think Indy will be playing for a chance at the division in Week 17.  The good news is that Philip Rivers never shows up in big games so there's still hope.

11 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Jaguars sat their punter yesterday, their PUNTER!!!!

They know whats at stake and they will not even come close to winning. 

Jets are the dumbest franchise in all of sports and second place is not even close.

I hope the Johnsons are proud of this one win season. Merry Christmas boys

If we sat Mann then the Rams return that punt for a TD and the jets lose.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

When I am proven right:

The Don Corleone foundation. We don't guarantee you that nothing will happen to you, we guarantee that nothing will happen to you via us. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

There is zero chance of the Jags winning a game. 

They need Lawrence more than the Jets, their owner has presided over record-setting losing streaks in all but one of his 8 seasons. 

The Jets already have a QB - whether we like him or not - and they won't be looking at this draft as life or death in the same vein 

Sad but true.  Jets had their chance three years ago and possibly blew it.  This Browns game is so important in evaluating Darnold.  If he reverts back to old form, Jets may take Fields or Wilson.  BTW, what about Captain Morgan? If Sam plays bad against the Browns, let Morgan start the last game because Sam will probably be traded and don't risk injury.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Do you know the tiebreakers?  They split with tennessee and are tied and both are likely to lose this week.  I think Indy will be playing for a chance at the division in Week 17.  The good news is that Philip Rivers never shows up in big games so there's still hope.

Tennessee win against GB and a Colts loss to Pittsburgh next week has Tennessee clinching the division.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

At this point all I can do is put my trust in Joe Douglas and hope he knows what he's doing with the QB position. His first draft looks good. 

He has to build a competitive team before he can draft a QB. Otherwise you're setting up your QB for failure. I think he knows this. He hasn't been publicly critical of Darnold, and always spoke about 'giving him a chance'. 

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

He has to build a competitive team before he can draft a QB. Otherwise you're setting up your QB for failure. I think he knows this. He hasn't been publicly critical of Darnold, and always spoke about 'giving him a chance'. 

I think that depends on a lot of different things. You don't pass on a franchise QB because you don't have a good team around him yet in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, peebag said:

Yea, not gonna happen 

7 hours ago, lauderdale jet said:

Hell will freeze over before this scenario comes to fruition 

unfortunately......

7 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

image.gif.b1340edbbcefadea3436fb7713ce8a8b.gif

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Just give it to charity Phil.

The Jags will ensure the tank now, they will drop every starter, they won’t let the grand prize slip.

We just blasted ourselves into the football stone-ages, with this loss. There’s no way back from this. I think they only kept Gase about to ensure the tank. No reason to keep this guy about now.

22 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

No way, Jags aren’t going to screw this up like the Jets did.  

15 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Jaguars aren't going to win. The Jets blew it.

We're going to have to take a chance next year on Sam Darnold coming back again or drafting a QB with much less hype. 

At this point all I can do is put my trust in Joe Douglas and hope he knows what he's doing with the QB position. His first draft looks good. 

You guys seem certain so you should start thinking about where I should send the money.

• Haha 2