Franklin Meyers Contract?

Shockwave

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Poole, Hewitt and Elflein should be added to that list if they can be signed for reasonable $ I would resign Perriman

Forgot about Poole and Hewitt.

And Elflein hasn’t looked half bad, though I still think the Jets should make a run at Joe Thuney in March.

Perriman I want nothing to do with. Go out and land one of Robinson, Godwin, Golladay or Davis and draft someone like Seth Williams in the 3rd.

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He should be the top priority to re-sign, even ahead of Maye.

Hell, out of all of our impending FA’s...Franklin-Myers, Maye and maybe Basham are the only ones worth retaining.

The rest can kick rocks. Especially Perriman.

Maybe i'm wrong, but I feel like Basham is just another JAG player. I know you can't have a star player at every position but I wouldn't shed a tear if we lost Basham this off season.

Totally agree on Franklin-Myers and Maye though. Franklin-Myers should be our top priority to re-sign. He's developing into a really good player.

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Poole, Hewitt and Elflein should be added to that list if they can be signed for reasonable $ I would resign Perriman

Poole can start in the slot next year, need a # 1 CB to be added, Hall could be # 2, Austin # 4.

Elfein would be a great backup guard with two new starters (1 in free agency and 1 in the draft) they need to target this position in a big way.

Perriman I like but he should be the 4th option next year. Need a # 1, then you have Mims, Crowder, Perriman. That would be a nice depth chart.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He should be the top priority to re-sign, even ahead of Maye.

Hell, out of all of our impending FA’s...Franklin-Myers, Maye and maybe Basham are the only ones worth retaining.

The rest can kick rocks. Especially Perriman.

I'd also extend Jamison Crowder like months ago. He's 27 and our best WR. Dude can be a stud if next regime is halfway decent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Poole can start in the slot next year, need a # 1 CB to be added, Hall could be # 2, Austin # 4.

Elfein would be a great backup guard with two new starters (1 in free agency and 1 in the draft) they need to target this position in a big way.

Perriman I like but he should be the 4th option next year. Need a # 1, then you have Mims, Crowder, Perriman. That would be a nice depth chart.

That UDFA Javelin Guidry has been holding it down in the slot recently.  He may be our starter next year the way he’s playing! Really pleasantly surprised how well he’s played in this small sample size.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Isn’t he signed through 2021? OTC has him on our roster next year.

Yes. Typically this off-season is when you would want to extend Franklin Meyers unless you are ok with him reaching FA. 

it should be a big priority this off-season if you believe in him 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That UDFA Javelin Guidry has been holding it down in the slot recently.  He may be our starter next year the way he’s playing! Really pleasantly surprised how well he’s played in this small sample size.

I did not think Guidry would be particularly good but he has played especially well. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I did not think Guidry would be particularly good but he has played especially well. 

This is the hidden benefit of some injures and coaching moves we actually got to see a number of young rookies and see if they can play or not.  Say what you want about Gregg Williams he played or was forced to play a lot of young guys.

Meanwhile Gase refused to play clarke, morgan or the young rbs unless his hand was 100% forced

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents

There are no #1 CB in FA. There are a few quality Edge, WR and OL in FA.

That said, we need a starting QB and #1 CB in 1st round, Edge, WR, OL rd. 2-3 & RB, TE, WR, OL rd. 4-6

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Mims durability concerns me. 

Id prefer to sign Ju-Ju or Robinson as the #1 and draft 2 decent WR's Chase and Waddle will get selected early on so maybe Justyn Ross 

Crowder has earned a spot back here. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is the hidden benefit of some injures and coaching moves we actually got to see a number of young rookies and see if they can play or not.  Say what you want about Gregg Williams he played or was forced to play a lot of young guys.

Meanwhile Gase refused to play clarke, morgan or the young rbs unless his hand wsa 100% forced

Yes and to be honest, this is maybe my #1 gripe with Gase. Without exaggeration literally all of the other RBs were clearly better than Gore and he was so insistent on playing Gore almost like he was intentionally spiting someone. I mean I like Gore as a leader and example but his playing time is really over. Glad he got his milestone, now kinda go away.

I would have also thought that the defense would be pretty much the same without Williams but it hasn't. The structure and play calling that Bush is doing is far superior to Williams who would not move away from being hyper aggressive which does not fit our talent. Several players have had clear upticks with the simpler approach Bush has taken, notably Luvu Franklin Meyers and Guidry. I think we have a better base at defense than people realize. Offense is still a mess though

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents

That said, we need a starting QB and #1 CB in 1st round, Edge, WR, OL rd. 2-3 & RB, TE, WR, OL rd. 4-6

If we take RD1 QB, no way in hell am I going defense the next 2 picks. We need to learn from Darnold and Luck and load up on weapons and protection, my 2nd 1st, 2nd both 3rds and 4th are all going to be offense. We need to pick a WR, TE, C and G/OT/TE with those picks

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If we take RD1 QB, no way in hell am I going defense the next 2 picks. We need to learn from Darnold and Luck and load up on weapons and protection, my 2nd 1st, 2nd both 3rds and 4th are all going to be offense. We need to pick a WR, TE, C and G/OT/TE with those picks

Understandable. My post was not in any particular order in draft. Just stating that somewhere in rds. 2-3 the Jets should grab a WR, OL and Edge. It all depends on who best available prospect is at the time of those 3 selections.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'd pump the brakes on the JFM hype. Kyle Phillips was much better last season playing both End and DT, led the Jets in TFL in 19. I'd rather extend Phillips and Maye than jump on the JFM bandwagon too soon. The real credit goes to Foley, Q, and Shepherd who make JFM life easy because of their constant double teams.

We should try and sign him to a 3 year extension at a reasonable price. That’ll give him security and allow him to hit FA again at 28. The team benefits by locking him up a reasonable price.

We should also try and get a edge rushers in FA. The number 1 corner spot will have to wait until next year. That role requires a premium pick that we need to spend on the offense this year. I would prioritize the iOL, WR, TE, and RB before the number 1 corner spot. Use a 1st in 2022 on corner.

JD has leverage during the regular season to extend.  After that he is bidding against 31 other teams.   Good teams like the Steelers and Ravens extend the players they like early.  The Jets have never done that well, regardless of who the GM is.  It must be a Johnson thing-make the player play out their cheaper contract.  

JFM could blow his knee in the last game and lose his ability to get a new contract.  If I were him I would get hurt before the game. 

5 hours ago, Stark said:

I'd also extend Jamison Crowder like months ago. He's 27 and our best WR. Dude can be a stud if next regime is halfway decent.

He's a good player. Potential stud is an exaggeration though in my opinion. He isn't a big physical guy. He isn't a burner. He's a short and steady slot guy. Not a guy you commit too much to. Guys like him after drafted late or not all every year.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Stark said:

Don't get me wrong, Crowder is a real good player. However, as others have pointed out, Gase O features the slot WR.  Who is to say the new OC will have a similar philosophy.  

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mims durability concerns me. 

Id prefer to sign Ju-Ju or Robinson as the #1 and draft 2 decent WR's Chase and Waddle will get selected early on so maybe Justyn Ross 

Crowder has earned a spot back here. 

I think with this cap room they can make two splashes. Not sure they will thought. With Juju it comes down to the market. I like him and as long as he reigns in his tik tok taunting he will be fine. But I am not paying him for his 2018 production since he has come back to earth since then.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

People said that last year and then Desir became available.

<----- rereads his own post.  Ah nevermind lol.

If they stick with Darnold and trade down a few spots, lets say around 10. They could also get that teams 2nd rounder. They could draft:

1st round: WR, G,

Clemson RB (top of round 2), CB with the other pick in round 2.

They have options!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think with this cap room they can make two splashes. Not sure they will thought. With Juju it comes down to the market. I like him and as long as he reigns in his tik tok taunting he will be fine. But I am not paying him for his 2018 production since he has come back to earth since then.

If JD surrounds Ju-Ju with talent like in Pittsburgh he will be fine. 

We need young WR's with speed who can go over the middle and battle for the ball. 

We need to clean house of all JAG WR's

Mims,Crowder,Berrios stay Perriman for the right price all others be gone.