What we have learned today

- Fields knows how to face adversity.

- Shaun Wade is bad, can't play on the outside and is not even the best slot corner in the Draft. Stop with the 1st round non-sense.

- Etienne hurt his stock by coming back to School, call me crazy but a I have a late second to third round grade on him.

- Derion Kendrick is also not a first round corner.

- Ohio State has some real talent on that OL, Josh Myers and Wyatt Davis are legit.

- Ruckert and Sermon might be some late round steals.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with most of this but not on Etienne.  In an off night when his team was behind most of the game he still got almost 100 yards of offense.  I'd be shocked if he lasted late 2nd early third.

Not a off night, he got held for under 100 yards a game for most of the year, his lack of vision is a big concern to me, right now is 1. Najee Harris 2. Javonte Williams 3. Etienne

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yeah Shaun Wade looked undraftable

sign Marlon Mack

Take Justin fields. Then trade up with the Seattle pick to get a pass rusher

Don't think there's a pass rusher worth trading up for, maybe Rousseau but I have my concerns with him, I would love a trade up for Pitts, Waddle or Devonta Smith

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

- Shaun Wade is bad, can't play on the outside and is not even the best slot corner in the Draft. Stop with the 1st round non-sense.

- Etienne hurt his stock by coming back to School, call me crazy but a I have a late second to third round grade on him.

- Ohio State has some real talent on that OL, Josh Myers and Wyatt Davis are legit.

Always loved Sermon since Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Jets are not taking a RB in rounds 1-3.  Not happening with holes at QB, OL, WR, CB, Edge.

I tend to agree

I think Douglas would rather focus on continuing to build the OL, EDGE and CB positions in the Top 60 or so and bring in a relatively cheap young vet like Gus Edwards or Jammal Williams to pair with Johnson and Perine.

And OL of Mekhi Becton/Joe Thuney/Connor McGovern/Wyatt Davis/George Fant is realistically attainable.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Don't think there's a pass rusher worth trading up for, maybe Rousseau but I have my concerns with him, I would love a trade up for Pitts, Waddle or Devonta Smith

Joseph Ossai out of Texas is the edge I was thinking. Yeah Rousseau seems boom or bust.  I’d love any of those receivers in a trade up

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Joseph Ossai out of Texas is the edge I was thinking. Yeah Rousseau seems boom or bust.  I’d love any of those receivers in a trade up

Haven't really got deep into the Edge rushers yet, to me Just doesn't seems like a great classe. The fact that the guy from Michigan has 3 sacks and is getting top 10 hype is absurd to me.

6 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I thought fields showed toughness, and threw a bunch of nice deep balls. I did not think he was as impressive as someone may say he was otherwise. He routinely made easy throws look harder then they had to be, and most times he threw into coverage based on his initial read even if he had guys wide open.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

I thought fields showed toughness, and threw a bunch of nice deep balls. I did not think he was as impressive as someone may say he was otherwise. He routinely made easy throws look harder then they had to be, and most times he threw into coverage based on his initial read even if he had guys wide open.

He occasionally forced it. 

The first TD throw to Farrell I think, he missed a wide open guy down the middle at the goal line to throw to a "covered" receiver but, the defender wasn't looking back and Fields put it in a nice position for the completion.  That was an NFL throw but a Sanchezian read.

On the interception, he threw into triple coverage.  Because the pass was deflected, I couldn't tell if he was throwing the ball away over the end zone and taking the FG, or Sanchezing it into that extremely tight window, not understanding it was a red light play.. 

I saw some good decision making and great accuracy on the run.  Most of the one-read forces seemed to be from the pocket.

Field's delivery and velocity are ok, not as impressive as TL's but  plenty good enough.   On the run, his delivery and accuracy is stellar.

He sold me after he got hurt and stopped scrambling because he proved he could be a pocket passer and not just be good on the run like our Sammy.

I'm buying. 

3 minutes ago, dcJet said:

He occasionally forced it. 

The first TD throw to Farrell, I think, he missed a wide open guy down the middle at the goal line to throw to a "covered" receiver but, the defender wasn't looking back and Fields put it in a nice position for the completion.  That was an NFL throw but a Sanchezian read.

On the interception, he threw into triple coverage.  Because the pass was deflected, I couldn't tell if he was throwing the ball away over the end zone and taking the FG, or Sanchezing it into that extremely tight window not understanding it was a red light play.. 

Before he was hurt we saw some good decision making and accuracy on the run.  Most of the one read forces seemed to be from the pocket after he got hurt.

10 minutes left, 4th quarter. 3rd and 4....throw to RB down the sideline in heavy coverage. that was a big spot...i can only imagine he makes that throw on the jets...hed get killed by fans.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with most of this but not on Etienne.  In an off night when his team was behind most of the game he still got almost 100 yards of offense.  I'd be shocked if he lasted late 2nd early third.

Still don't get why this guy runs back kicks. Just put one of the ten 4.3 guys on that team back there.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

10 minutes left, 4th quarter. 3rd and 4....throw to RB down the sideline in heavy coverage. that was a big spot...i can only imagine he makes that throw on the jets...hed get killed by fans.

Yes, I forgot about that one.  Yes, bad decision.  Underneath was open for clock killing first down.  

He did make some other nice reads on 3rd down to move the chains.  I'll look out for them when I re-watch later.  I thought decision making was better when he was out of the pocket.

• Upvote 1

We learned that the entire draft is controlled by the Jets and Joe Douglas.
JAX is taking Lawrence at #1 no matter what stupid narratives the media
puts out.  With Darnold still in his pocket, two QB's who have blown up
in their bowl games and a franchise LT available at #2 Douglas will dictate
how the first round goes

• Upvote 2