Landing spots for Sam?

49ers are the best spot for him. Run first offense with a stacked defense, send him home to California. Only thing is though they’ve got no 3rd rounders and own pick #43 as of now in the 2nd that may be too rich for them to deal for Sam

• Upvote 1

Sam will prob be a Jet next year unless they can get a steal of a trade. Its his 4th year. You basically have another year to utilize him either as a starter or backup to whoever we draft/bring in.

Either way Sam will get a chance to compete at camp for his job and I think thats healthy. 

• Upvote 1

I think rivers is going to come back, so scratch the colts.

ben, after the game, certainly looked like it was his last.  That could be a landing spot.

brees is all but done in NO, they are in a cap bind as well.  That would be a great spot for him.

9ers might be aiming a bit higher, why give up on jimmy for Sam?

potentially houston, if they trade Watson.

carolina if they don’t draft a qb.

Dallas?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Might be interested. Colts,Pittsburgh, San fran,Chicago,NE. Your thoughts?

San Fran makes the most sense to me. The system, coaching, o-line fit his game nicely.  I think there's a good chance he's a Jet next year. Just because his value is so low right now. They might even decline his option and go into next year hoping he competes with Fields/Wilson and brings up his value.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Watching Big Ben sitting by himself (was he thinking retirement?), Brees (They have no money), Rivers (I don't think he comes back), Niners (Cali Boy heads home?), Chicago? They looked completely out of sync. 

Why couldn't we trade him next off season? For 9.5 million they get to see if he can turn it around with better players at the skill positions & a new offensive scheme? (I can't remember seeing such a terribly boring offense). 

Even if they take a QB JD & the Jets might keep him. If someone could explain to me the ramifications of keeping him & trading him at the end of his 4th year. Just because he's supposed to get 25 million, if he's traded doesn't the team trading for him get to renegotiate with him? Obviously he hasn't played like a top 12 QB, so no one is giving him top 12 QB money. 

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

This organization won't cut bait with a QB unless they are 10000% sure they suck or get KTFO in training camp, so I think he's going to be our starter Week 1.

If Sam Darnold doesn't suck, no starting QB sucks.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Oh and don’t forget about Washington!!

Hienke > Darnold.

Darnold isn't going to DC.

Personally, I think Jets Fans vastly over-estimate the market and interest in Darnold, and definitely the possible compensation.

Maybe a team or two sniffs around, but the price will be very low (no higher than a 4th),

At that price, I keep Darnold for his last year no matter what we do in the draft at QB.  

Let Darnold, Draft Pick and Morgan compete in 2021.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Disagree that he showed nothing in his 3 years 

You're right he has shown a lot. Problem is, it was nearly universally bad and just showed his issues might be innate because they are the same as he had in college -- footwork, turnovers, accuracy, etc.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hienke > Darnold.

Darnold isn't going to DC.

Personally, I think Jets Fans vastly over-estimate the market and interest in Darnold, and definitely the possible compensation.

Maybe a team or two sniffs around, but the price will be very low (no higher than a 4th),

At that price, I keep Darnold for his last year no matter what we do in the draft at QB.  

Let Darnold, Draft Pick and Morgan compete in 2021.  

I’m cool with that 

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Watching Big Ben sitting by himself (was he thinking retirement?), Brees (They have no money), Rivers (I don't think he comes back), Niners (Cali Boy heads home?), Chicago? They looked completely out of sync. 

Why couldn't we trade him next off season? For 9.5 million they get to see if he can turn it around with better players at the skill positions & a new offensive scheme? (I can't remember seeing such a terribly boring offense). 

Even if they take a QB JD & the Jets might keep him. If someone could explain to me the ramifications of keeping him & trading him at the end of his 4th year. Just because he's supposed to get 25 million, if he's traded doesn't the team trading for him get to renegotiate with him? Obviously he hasn't played like a top 12 QB, so no one is giving him top 12 QB money. 

Can't trade him if he's a FA.  I see no way we would be taking the 5th year option so this upcoming season is the last under contract.  At least that's my current understanding.  We could trade him mid-season before the deadline I suppose but his value would probably be lower then as opposed to before the season.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Has things he needs to clean up but is fixable.  He has shown good things too 

Are they?  Are you willing to waste another season especially this upcoming season where we presumably build a better team. 

3 years of nothing we have just witnessed from Sam Darnold. 

What did you see that was promising? 

I saw no name street undrafted QB's out perform Sam Darnold all season. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Are they?  Are you willing to waste another season especially this upcoming season where we presumably build a better team. 

3 years of nothing we have just witnessed from Sam Darnold. 

What did you see that was promising? 

I saw no name street undrafted QB's out perform Sam Darnold all season. 

Agree to disagree 

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Has things he needs to clean up but is fixable.  He has shown good things too 

And of course the biggest, hardest problem to fix -- he consistently ignores/doesn't see his open receivers. Guys are getting open, he just doesn't go to them.

Now, playing the other side for a bit, I already posted that his deep ball might be relatively "easy" to fix. It seems like he has an accuracy issue, not a precision issue. The former is easier to fix.

A clever OC who can get him some confidence in taking occasional deep shots and simplify the offense enough to eliminate half the field, might be able to squeeze a satisfactory/not-incompetent level of play from him. Maybe.

Andy Dalton is his max ceiling at this point IMHO. If he achieves that he'll have a long and lucrative career in the league. That's currently in doubt.

Just now, jgb said:

And of course the biggest, hardest problem to fix -- he consistently ignores/doesn't see his open receivers. Guys are getting open, he just doesn't go to them.

Now, playing the other side for a bit, I already posted that his deep ball might be relatively "easy" to fix. It seems like he has an accuracy issue, not a precision issue. The former is easier to fix.

A clever OC who can get him some confidence in taking occasional deep shots and simplify the offense enough to eliminate half the field, might be able to squeeze a satisfactory/not-incompetent level of play from him. Maybe.

Well he is running for his life most of time. Does he miss some yes but let’s not act like he had all the time in the world ?.  Also there have been so many drops by his receivers especially in the end zone