Quinnen Williams is The Prince That was Promised.

Shockwave

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Q. Will was firmly planted on my "dont draft" list.  lol.   Thought he'd be a run stuffer at the next level which isnt worth the #3 overall pick.  I was wrong.  He's a violent disrupter who can penetrate and I love penetration.  He's really the only player I like on the Jets too because his personality is awesome.  Some of the interviews after he was drafted, so good, so loveable. 

That said, I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Watson.

lol

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

IMO Quinnen and Becton are as 'untouchable' as it gets. Not nec. because Watson isn't worth trading Q or Becton for or because Watson isn't as good or more expensive or whatever. Simply because Houston is in no position to demand either one of those guys. JD can offer Houston the best compensation without involving those players, so if Houston passes on that, they will be cutting off their own nose to spite their face. If JD end up giving up either one of these guys (Q included), he would have lost the stare down- if you will. 

Two first round picks (including #2 overall) and one of our young rotational defensive linemen (Shepherd or Phillips), Sam Darnold or a future draft pick (Rd. 3?). That should really get the deal done. No other team will give up more. I just don't see it. In part because not a lot of other teams HAVE more. Only Miami comes to mind. In part because Houston is not in the best negotiating position.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Quinnen Williams is well on his way of being a great player in the league.  As he develops, he will garner more attention, which frees up the other players.  The thing that stands out about Aaron Danold is that he faces double teams 70% of the time and still manages that 24% pressure.  It would be outstanding if Williams were to have a Calais Campbell or Fletcher Cox type of career.

Good Catch. If I am reading this correctly Quinnen is already being doubled nearly 60% of the time and he is fourth overall in pass rush win rate? Pretty amazing for a 22 year old. 

You mention hoping to be Fletcher Cox? Quinnen was better than him this year in Pass rush win rate, Sacks, Tackles, TFL and QB Hits and Quinnen did it in less games. 

This is why Quinnen is so valuable. He was better than Fletcher Cox this season and the next two years Cox will count almost 24m per year while Quinnen makes 9m. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Let me stop you right there; Watson isn’t available.

oh he is. 

why not pick Bienemy,( the guy Watson wanted ) Frazier or Caldwell ( both have HC experience ) as your HC. instead you pick a 66 yr old who has no experience as a HC . thats because Culley was the only one that would take the job without Watson.

he available, just not to us. cant see him agreeing to come here.

BUT, on the chance im wrong as he does want to play for us, we cant let 4 draft picks and QW get in our way.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes it's completely unreasonable to expect that everything is bad all of the time. When you say NY Jets you associate it with optimism you ******* cock jugglers. HOW DARE YOU

I guess that’s what you crazy West Coast kids are calling steel club workouts these days? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Q is basically a bigger, stronger version of Aaron Donald, who is still just a kid. Thinking about what Q can be in 2 years time when he’s 25 is scary stuff.

Exactly. 

People forget Quinnen is also an absolute FREAK athlete. Sparq score over 90 and destroyed all of these bigtime DT's as an Athlete. 

If your interested here is the Simulcam of Aaron Donald vs Quinnen running the 40 yard dash below. What's important to see here is over the first 10 yard split Aaron Donald runs a 1.59. Quinnen's 10 yard split is 1.67 and he did this weighing almost 20 more pounds than Donald. You can clearly see who the bigger man here is. 

Explosion is everything and these guys are just Elite Athletes. With Quinnen's breakout age being so young in the SEC. With his breakout being younger than both Donald and Sapp in the NFL to go along with Elite Athleticism Quinnen's upside is the number 1 interior lineman in the NFL starting next year. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/simulcam-alabama-defensive-lineman-quinnen-williams-vs-los-angeles-rams-d-422701

1. Quinnen Williams, Alabama, 6-3, 303, 21 years old.

Key stat: Ran a 4.83 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, the fastest time for a defensive lineman over 300 pounds since the 2012 combine — and faster than J.J. Watt’s 4.84 at 290 pounds in 2011.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2021 at 12:14 AM, Shockwave said:

n the Kollman video you might notice a phrase he uses around the 8:45m mark thats pretty interesting? Anyone catch it? Yes Quinnen is going to be the centerpiece of this defense. 

That was great hearing that "This guy is all Gas no Breaks!"  

Fans don't have patience.  There were a lot of people wanting to trade him last year.  When you think of the pieces Selah has here, Becton and Williams will be Pro Bowl caliber players, you get a veteran WR and draft Sewell and Darnold will be taking his game to the Next Level.  No need to trade away our guys.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:59 AM, munchmemory said:

If we have the potential to get Watson?  NO ONE on this roster is safe from trade.  No....One...

Absolutely. 

Williams being a PFF/stats darling at such a young age just means the team would have to give up a lot less otherwise. If Williams is worth about as much as Adams (two 1st rounders) then what that means is we either don't have to give up #2 overall, or give up #2 overall with him but nothing else. Happy as I am with his turnaround, that doesn't automatically make QW worth rolling the dice on a rookie QB instead (nor rolling the dice on Darnold).

Or Becton -- despite my fancrush-mancrush on him, if it meant getting Deshaun Watson, well hey there are other tackles. Judging from the up-votes, about half here seemed giddy over the idea of drafting Sewell & demoting Becton to RT. No sentient football fan turns down Deshaun Watson by drawing a line in the sand over a player one would even fathom demoting to RT.

To all those in the "I'd never ever trade _____" corner, try the trade in reverse before digging your heels in:

After about half a century of searching, it happened. We finally hit on a true, consensus, star franchise QB: we drafted & extended Deshaun Watson and he's everything & more than we hoped he'd be when we drafted him. He's elite, healthy, and just turned 25 in September; he's locked in at $29MM/year for the next 5 seasons; you are thrilled he is the justifiable face of the franchise and one of the top faces for the entire NFL; the team has several needs but is desperate for neither cap room nor draft picks.

Given all this, and with Trevor Lawrence off the draft board at #1, you'd honestly trade Watson away for the #2 overall pick + a terrific young DT or LT/RT, and then commence a new QB search? Would getting an additional high 2nd rounder or future mid/late 1st rounder even come close to changing your mind? Or instead of an extra pick, what about getting Sam Darnold in return, after 3 letdown years of looking like a bust on the Dennis Allen Raiders? 

Safe to say not more than 2 people out of 500 here would be on board, if even that many, and you'd be justifiably throwing rotten online vegetables at both.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Q is basically a bigger, stronger version of Aaron Donald, who is still just a kid. Thinking about what Q can be in 2 years time when he’s 25 is scary stuff.

The technique and athleticism are all there.  He’s just going to get stronger, faster and more proficient

16 hours ago, doitny said:

oh he is. 

why not pick Bienemy,( the guy Watson wanted ) Frazier or Caldwell ( both have HC experience ) as your HC. instead you pick a 66 yr old who has no experience as a HC . thats because Culley was the only one that would take the job without Watson.

he available, just not to us. cant see him agreeing to come here.

BUT, on the chance im wrong as he does want to play for us, we cant let 4 draft picks and QW get in our way.

Why not let Watson run the whole team, drafts who comes in as a FA etc As long as he's happy that's all that counts.. :blink: