***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

34 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

JD during his tenure has drafted arguably the worst qb bust since Ryan Leaf, traded for Joe Flacco and drafted James Morgan.  He also got rid of Sam Darnold who is clearly better than any qb he has brought in

JD doesn’t understand the qb position and ultimately I think this gets him fired

I live in Charlotte and watch most Panther games. Darnold is not much better.

1 hour ago, slats said:

This is garbage, quite frankly. 2-14 in Gase’s failure of a season that probably removed him from the NFL ranks for all eternity. 4-13 in a massive Maccagnan cleanup year, starting 5th and 6th rounders on defense, basically just throwing ****on the wall there and seeing what sticks. Both that season and last were met with some crippling injuries, which are a little beyond the GMs scope. If Breece and AVT don’t go down, last year’s team makes the playoffs - despite horrible QB play. 

Joe’s mentor, Ozzie Newsome, often regarded as one of the greatest executives ever, didn’t enjoy his first winning season until his sixth in the position. 5-11, 4-12, 6-9-1, 6-10. People here would’ve fired him two years before he won that first Super Bowl. 

I get it, Zach looks like a massive bust at this point, and the odds on that improving seem slim. But this whole reactionary board wanted to fire Ulbrich a year ago, not a ****ing peep about him now, though. Weird. They’re on course. They need to stay that course. 

It’s the SOJ crowd who consistently want the Jets to do SOJ things like fire everybody, bring in the next up & coming hot shot, then complain when they’re not perfect as rookies. Even when the guy drafts both the OROY and DROY, the complaints keep coming. Unbelievable. 

Garbage?

You’re saying the same things here that you said about Sam Darnold for 2-3 years. “He can…. He might… if not for injuries, weaponzzz…”

I’m not calling for Joe Douglas to be fired right now, and I congratulated him for having a great draft. I pointed out his record and said if it doesn’t get better, THEN he needs to be fired.

Equating him and his record to Ozzie having 6 losing seasons to start his career is the exact thing people here do when they compare Zach to Steve Young. THAT is what is the epitome of SOJF… taking two completely different people and equating them as if they were the same (in this case because they both played at BYU).
Why don’t they compare him to John Beck and the career he had? Zach has as much connection to him as he does to Young.

Conversely Douglas working for Newsome is no more relevant than Joe Judge working/learning with and from Bill Belichek.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, sciond said:

If you think these 2 they are equal we obliviously do not see football the same way. You can't fully blame the 20 draft on JD and I have been watching the Jets longer than most people and you would be hard to pressed to name a draft as good as this years. The last one was 2006 and this seems far better......think about that for a moment..... nobody under the age of 25 probably even remembers that draft 

Maybe you want Idzik back though

You can probably get Kotite to coach the team

Why can't you blame the 20 draft on Douglas? Was someone else making the picks?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, JETS SB said:

His trade helped get us Garrett Wilson. 2022 draft was a home run and his free agent signings have gotten better too. If he gets Rodgers and the Jets get to the playoffs and beyond and he is here for a while. Seems like Woody had that smirk on his face when asked about Rodgers. I think they are all in on him.

“…If he gets Rodgers and if he gets us to the playoffs and beyond he’ll be here a while.” 
I agree, but what if he doesn’t get Rodgers, and we’re not in the playoffs and beyond the next two years?

I won’t speak for you, but that’s why I said “he’s 13-37 and needs to get better or GTFO.” I don’t see why anyone would disagree with that statement.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, slats said:

This is garbage, quite frankly. 2-14 in Gase’s failure of a season that probably removed him from the NFL ranks for all eternity. 4-13 in a massive Maccagnan cleanup year, starting 5th and 6th rounders on defense, basically just throwing ****on the wall there and seeing what sticks. Both that season and last were met with some crippling injuries, which are a little beyond the GMs scope. If Breece and AVT don’t go down, last year’s team makes the playoffs - despite horrible QB play. 

Joe’s mentor, Ozzie Newsome, often regarded as one of the greatest executives ever, didn’t enjoy his first winning season until his sixth in the position. 5-11, 4-12, 6-9-1, 6-10. People here would’ve fired him two years before he won that first Super Bowl. 

I get it, Zach looks like a massive bust at this point, and the odds on that improving seem slim. But this whole reactionary board wanted to fire Ulbrich a year ago, not a ****ing peep about him now, though. Weird. They’re on course. They need to stay that course. 

It’s the SOJ crowd who consistently want the Jets to do SOJ things like fire everybody, bring in the next up & coming hot shot, then complain when they’re not perfect as rookies. Even when the guy drafts both the OROY and DROY, the complaints keep coming. Unbelievable. 

Come on the dude has a losing record and can’t fix the O-Line or QB problem. Zach Wilson is currently one of the all time great NFL draft bust. 

It didn’t take the giants new GM and coach 1 million years to turnaround a roster with less talent.

And just to remind everyone, Garrett and Sauce were best players at their position by most scouts, let’s stop acting like he found sauce like Seattle found Woolen.

JD just drafted the best dudes available 

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, sciond said:

OTOH I agree with you

He made the picks

He just really didn't have control in place yet as it seemed . Gase was influential.

So you’re saying Saleh was insignificant in last years good draft?
Douglas was here for 12 months prior to that first draft… he had “control”.

When the drafts were terrible, it was because of the coach, and the GM was only “doing his bidding” but when it was great? That was all Douglas?

58 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Please stop making sense ... im starting to get uncomfortable.   This threads needs to be retitled build statue and extend JD for six more years.

This is why jet fans are the constant jokes  and were laughed at last offseason when the Watson to Jets rumors were boiling.

All the Jet fans screaming: “JD wILl RoB tHe TeXaN” and evey other fan base was like : “Who?”

And after a quick google search of JDs record and accomplishments, it was quickly realized this fan base is crowing another unproven. 

Let this man bring us Superbowls and consistency before we start building anyone a statues

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hopefully JD & Ozzie spend 4 days in absolute darkness & figure out how to get a Starting Center, Starting Weak-side LB, Starting FS and depth at OT, DL and a developmental QB this draft. 

It will be tougher if we trade a Draft Pick for Rodgers. 

jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Come on the dude has a losing record and can’t fix the O-Line or QB problem. Zach Wilson is currently one of the all time great NFL draft bust. 

It didn’t take the giants new GM and coach 1 million years to turnaround a roster with less talent.

And just to remind everyone, Garrett and Sauce were best players at their position by most scouts, let’s stop acting like he found sauce like Seattle found Woolen.

First of all even tho the Giants made the playoffs I’d still take our roster over theirs everyday of the week. So let’s stop pointing to the Giants as some sort of success story. JD obviously has this team going in the right direction. The defense is one of the best in the league. Offensively we have some game-breakers we’ve never had before in Breece and GW. I’m confident Douglas will get the right QB in here to fix this offense and have us in playoffs next year. JD will get his extension deservedly so.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Idzik 12 and the Douglas 9 are pretty much a wash. Both drafts were historically bad. 

I do remember Idzik drafting a defensive rookie of the year, future nfl comeback player of the year/pro bowler, and a SuperBowl champion in 1 draft though.

AND he rostered a .500 season that year. Something JD STILL has not done with twice as much time. 

Sooo...

People who don’t understand history should stop throwing around the “historically bad” term. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

This is why jet fans are the constant jokes  and were laughed at last offseason when the Watson to Jets rumors were boiling.

All the Jet fans screaming: “JD wILl RoB tHe TeXaN” and evey other fan base was like : “Who?”
And after a quick google search of JDs record and accomplishments, it was quickly realized this fan base is crowing another unproven. 

Let this man bring us Superbowls and consistency before we start building anyone a statues
So .. two rookies of the year, plus Breece Hall, plus AVT, plus BAM, plus .. plus...

Not enough .. you would rather wait and see ... Potentially let him walk in two years?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

13-37 

Oh and It didn’t take the giants new GM and coach 1 million years to reach success. 

What do you suggest the Jets do? Fire the GM that just had a historical draft and a pretty good FA? The GM that created a team that had a defense complete one of the biggest one year turnarounds ever? Because no executive is going to want to come here after that.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

First of all even tho the Giants made the playoffs I’d still take our roster over theirs everyday of the week. So let’s stop pointing to the Giants as some sort of success story. JD obviously has this team going in the right direction. The defense is one of the best in the league. Offensively we have some game-breakers we’ve never had before in Breece and GW. I’m confident Douglas will get the right QB in here to fix this offense and have us in playoffs next year. JD will get his extension deservedly so.

The Giants were a success story last year, whether you like it or not. Going from where they were to winning a road playoff game is the definition of that.
Everything you said comparing rosters is debatable, and I don’t want to get into that. However the Giants not only have a terrific young HC, they have their QB and one of the best young LT’s in the game. Those were the two cornerstone positions JD tried to make in his first two drafts and he failed miserably with both.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So .. two rookies of the year, plus Breece Hall, plus AVT, plus BAM, plus .. plus...

Not enough .. you would rather wait and see ... Potentially let him walk in two years?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don’t care who they bring in after JD, if they can fix the O-Line and find a QB anything is possible in this NFL.

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The giants made the playoffs with a worst roster in one season, wtf are you talking about compared to mr. 13- 37? … what are we doing here ? Lol

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

What do you suggest the Jets do? Fire the GM that just had a historical draft and a pretty good FA? The GM that created a team that had a defense complete one of the biggest one year turnarounds ever? Because no executive is going to want to come here after that.

If JD can’t get us a QB and fix this O-Line he can go period. I’m quite sure 99.9% of the available GM candidates can draft the best available player at their positions. 

Sauce and Garrett are not these diamonds in the rough prospects JD found

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So you’re saying Saleh was insignificant in last years good draft?
Douglas was here for 12 months prior to that first draft… he had “control”.

When the drafts were terrible, it was because of the coach, and the GM was only “doing his bidding” but when it was great? That was all Douglas?

Where did I say that.....

He picked Saleh.....

Just now, oatmeal said:

I don’t care who they bring in after JD, 

This is exactly part of the problem. It is part of the equation. Believe it or not, in NFL circles it is believed that Douglas has taken a moribund franchise and breathed life into it with some talent and depth. I know how painful the Wilson pick is in a vacuum and that is a huge void, but the consideration has to be for the rest of the roster.

The largest part of this equation, the Jets fire Douglas, and that sends the message to the league (prospective GM's) that this is another knee jerk reaction by Woody. Anyone worth their salt will stay away from that type of toxic environment.

Just the way it is.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is exactly part of the problem. It is part of the equation. Believe it or not, in NFL circles it is believed that Douglas has taken a moribund franchise and breathed life into it with some talent and depth. I know how painful the Wilson pick is in a vacuum and that is a huge void, but the consideration has to be for the rest of the roster.

The largest part of this equation, the Jets fire Douglas, and that sends the message to the league (prospective GM's) that this is another knee jerk reaction by Woody. Anyone worth their salt will stay away from that type of toxic environment.

Just the way it is.

If the Jets have another losing record and miss the playoffs nobody will fault woody for firing a 13-37 GM. It’s all about wins everything else is fluff

1 hour ago, slats said:

......and they wonder why people say SOJ fans......SMDH

I can say I am one of the longer fans 50 years plus and I can be patient so can everyone else.

Hopefully I won't die a suffering Jets fan...

12 minutes ago, sciond said:

I can say I am one of the longer fans 50 years plus and I can be patient so can everyone else.

You keep bringing up how long you’ve been a fan. That isn’t quite the dunk you think it is. 
I go back to ‘64 when they drafted Namath and John Huarte. @Jet Nut and quite a few others are the same. There are a bunch of us who were around for Super Bowl III.
The “patient fan” thing you’re so proud of being is not unique. There is nobody who roots for this team who isn’t patient. We’ve all stuck around through the bad times and cherished the few brief good ones we got to see along the way.

wanting to see results after 3 years of 13-37 doesn’t make us impatient, or bad “SOJ” fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You keep bringing up how long you’ve been a fan. That isn’t quite the dunk you think it is. 
I go back to ‘64 when they drafted Namath and John Huarte. @Jet Nut and quite a few others are the same. There are a bunch of us who were around for Super Bowl III.
The “patient fan” thing you’re so proud of being is not unique. There is nobody who roots for this team who isn’t patient. We’ve all stuck around through the bad times and cherished the few brief good ones we got to see along the way.

wanting to see results after 3 years of 13-37 doesn’t make us impatient, or bad “SOJ” fans.

Being around a long time doesn't give you the right to do nothing but bitch either.....

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Garbage?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Isn’t that what he’s supposed to do? 

Sauce was the second CB taken and the fourth defensive player taken. Wilson was the second WR taken and the fifth offensive player. These awards generally go to pass rushers and QBs, and if not QBs on offense, RBs (and Breece probably would’ve beat out Garrett). He had an amazing draft. Especially Garrett, considering the level of QB play.  

His negotiation skills have been too notch from the get go, with his trades being something practically legendary. His last two drafts, even with the apparent Wilson debacle, have been very good to great. The team was absolute dog doo when he took over, today he has a very talented roster. This is the best GM this team has ever had. It would be just like this impatient fan base to run him out of town. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, sciond said:

As Jet fans our problem is giving people a chance. What I see is a young GM getting better who started with the worst roster in the NFL and has built an a pretty damn good team that is a QB away from being a top team in the league.

The fans just wanted that yesterday and can’t wait from going from  worse in everything to being in playoff contention, people forget who we rolled out last year

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sciond said:

Being around a long time doesn't give you the right to do nothing but bitch either.....

Ah there we go. I finally drew it out of you… you’re upset that people aren’t thinking the same way you do. You tried as  hard as you could to avoid it, but you couldn’t help yourself from admitting your “tenure”makes you the one to be judge and jury here.

BTW Is saying a guy with a 13-37 record needs to be better really bitching? At what point do you feel it is acceptable to disagree with your views?