Justin Fields Pro Day 3/30 (for those still holding on)

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas must be blown away at what a beast of a man Justin Fields after seeing Wilson.

Yea he’s a hole 10 pounds heavier 

Wilson is a sneaky good athlete, he can windmill dunk supposedly 

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He slows down his receivers a lot tho. I think he adjusted to throwing safer versions of his throws. He has a nice zip on short throws.

His deep balls are generally a lot higher, i think with the roof being low he had to adjust the trajectory of his deep passes which led to some over throws early.  Then just not being able to work with your guys sometimes is tough.  A WR and TE you barely ever hear of with a sprinkle here and there of harris and maybe 6 routes from Smith.  Overall it wasn't anything exceptionally strong by him but I thought it was a good day, I thought he went above and beyond to try to dispel the movement critiques (maybe even to his detriment on some throws) and showed some zip on the shorter intermediate stuff.  If you like him as a prospect, I dont think anything you saw today dissuaded you from that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

So Fields are Wilson are virtually same height with fields 13 lbs heavier.

I believe Wilson checked in at 6.021 (6' 2 1/8") on his pro day.  Fields was a legit 6' 3".  So virtually could include that difference I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I just love Fields and would take him all day if I was selecting a QB. it’s not a knock on Wilson anymore - I’m sure NFL teams can win with both - but there’s something about the style of play you’re gonna get from Fields that feels like “we’re finally catching up” with current NFL offenses. 

Where are all these running Qb’s who’ve won Super Bowls?

Brady just won a SB Lamar can’t come back from multiple scores down when teams know he has to pass yet all I hear is you need an extremely fast QB..

Imo you just need a QB who can move his feet and has pocket awareness to avoid a rush..

I think this running Qb thing is a little overblown..

• Upvote 3