Sam Darnold is tough sell for a 2nd round pick.

Was wondering who was going to step forward and tell us the emperor has no clothes as far as Darnold is concerned. The only people who have been pushing the line that Darnold is a great QB is his agent, Jimmy Sexton, and all the media types--analysts, former players and GMs, TV show hosts--who are either dopes or people who rely on Sexton for half their news tips. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

or JD over played his hand.

I think you'r'e probably right though,

Maybe even a little of both. But if the offers for Sam were lowered than twitterniks were telling us, then JD was right to not rush.

Get the medical clearance and see the prospects up close and personal before trading away the only QB on your roster who started a game in the league.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I guess the market was never really there for him...and would explain why he wasn’t moved sooner.

There never was.  That’s why I laughed at the “reports” that were saying that there are multiple teams interested in Sam and willing to give up a 2nd round pick.  He’s worth a mid round pick to bring in as a back up and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle.  The odds of that are slim though.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Kimberly martin is irrelevant. She has covered like 4 teams in the last 4 years.

posting crap like this is the only reason to get people to actually read her sh*t.

Or maybe, just maybe, Darnold isn’t good, he isn’t worth a 2nd round pick & GM’s know that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

or JD over played his hand.

I think you'r'e probably right though,

i tend to think it was more so JD overplaying.

we really still believe he needed a pro day to decide who he's rolling with at qb?  he was trying to squeeze out as much leverage and make teams anxious to make a move.  it didn't work.  now he'll either be traded for nothing, or cut.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

i tend to think it was more so JD overplaying.

we really still believe he needed a pro day to decide who he's rolling with at qb?  he was trying to squeeze out as much leverage and make teams anxious to make a move.  it didn't work.  now he'll either be traded for nothing, or cut.

So at this point you just take the 3rd and move on right?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Kimberly martin is irrelevant. She has covered like 4 teams in the last 4 years.

posting crap like this is the only reason to get people to actually read her sh*t.

Anyone who gets their news from Twitter, a platform designed for Ashton Kutcher and 9 year old girls, oh my God

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Maybe even a little of both. But if the offers for Sam were lowered than twitterniks were telling us, then JD was right to not rush.

Get the medical clearance and see the prospects up close and personal before trading away the only QB on your roster who started a game in the league.

Yeah, I have no problem with him waiting,..taking a 3rd or 4th instead of a 2nd is fine.

Strange year for these guys - while they had plenty of Zoom interview with Wilson, they were never able to look him in the eye live, size him up a bit, see the ball leave his hands - plus as you mentioned the medicals.

If he was their guy - and they really wanted to just meet the kid in person before they put their collective careers on the line - I really can't blame them for waiting.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

So we backup Sam Bradford 2.0 with a fullback pretending to play qb?

i'm so confused with what your actual stance is on who should be the QB - the one post you write about Wilson apparently being injury prone, the next you joke about the toronto argos needing sam at qb.  so what does it matter?  they were 2-14 last year - whats a realisitic record for this year, 5-12?  4-13?

The next 30 days will be interesting!  We'll find out soon enough what Darnold's trade value is.

I imagine the Jets would want to trade Danold before the draft, if they have made a decision to do that.  If the Jets don't trade Darnold prior to the draft and then take Wilson at #2, Darnold's trade value, whatever it may be, will drop considerably

• Upvote 1

A 3rd or a 4th is more valuable than a QB at the end of his rookie contract. But I still can't help but feel like JD muffed this one pretty hard. Everyone is pretty convinced that the Jets are taking Wilson, which combined with the fact that demand went down heavily since he waited so long makes it feel like we've lost a ton of leverage.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

i'm so confused with what your actual stance is on who should be the QB - the one post you write about Wilson apparently being injury prone, the next you joke about the toronto argos needing sam at qb.  so what does it matter?  they were 2-14 last year - whats a realisitic record for this year, 5-12?  4-13?

Improve the roster.  We have no offensive line and the Davis signing moves our WR group from league worst to maybe league average if we’re lucky