Sam Darnold is tough sell for a 2nd round pick.

33 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

You mean arguably the worst starting QB in the league who's about to become expensive isn't held in high regard by NFL front offices?

Shocked!

National media's love affair with Darnold is more about loving to crap on the Jets than it is about anything Darnold has shown on field.

Bingo! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philc1 said:

Improve the roster.  We have no offensive line and the Davis signing moves our WR group from league worst to maybe league average if we’re lucky

so why bother trying to improve the QB position, which arguably, since the inception of this franchise, hasn't had a legit one ever?

first 3 picks, QB, OL, WR.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or maybe, just maybe, Darnold isn’t good, he isn’t worth a 2nd round pick & GM’s know that. 

possibly...but based on your previous "breaking news" post i am going to reserve judgement for someone a bit more plugged in to say it.

Just now, k-met57 said:

possibly...but based on your previous "breaking news" post i am going to reserve judgement for someone a bit more plugged in to say it.

Me, or anyone else “breaking news” on here (besides two posters) are only goin to Twitter & embedding tweets they see from check marked accounts, so please do that, & let me know how it goes bud. As a matter of fact, someone probably should of just PMed a General Manager on Twitter & asked them how they feel about Sam Darnold and we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Sounds nice doesn’t it?

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Improve the roster.  We have no offensive line and the Davis signing moves our WR group from league worst to maybe league average if we’re lucky

this is it. we are substituting a guy we broke with a guy we are going to break...it makes 0 sense. drafting wilson doesnt make the rest of the jets team any better, it doesnt give them any more assets to build around the QB...in fact it takes away a big asset (#2 pick). in 2 years when the jets "have enough talent to compete" Zack Wilson will be a gun shy, often hit, shell of his former self.

Zack Wilson 

vs

Darnold

+ 3 1s conservatively should not even be a discussion for this team with so many holes

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Me, or anyone else “breaking news” on here (besides two posters) are only goin to Twitter & embedding tweets they see from check marked accounts, so please do that, & let me know how it goes bud. As a matter of fact, someone probably should of just PMed a General Manager on Twitter & asked them how they feel about Sam Darnold and we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Sounds nice doesn’t it?

how is that working out for ya? lol

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If the Jets only get a 3rd for him, they should just keep him. That is the comp pick we recieve if he walks as a FA. 

Is this true?

I would have thought by declining the option, we wouldn't be in the same pool for a comp pick.

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

how is that working out for ya? lol

horrible, still doesn’t make my opinions here any less validated just because they are opposite of you’re own. 

I will definitely make sure I come back to collect your tears on draft day riiighhhhtttt after we pick Zach Wilson.

• Haha 2

If you can't get at least a second for him, then why trade him at all? If he walks in FA, you still recoup a third-round comp pick. You might as well let Darnold compete with Zach Wilson at that stage so you don't have to spend $ on a vet backup. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

A 3rd or a 4th is more valuable than a QB at the end of his rookie contract. But I still can't help but feel like JD muffed this one pretty hard. Everyone is pretty convinced that the Jets are taking Wilson, which combined with the fact that demand went down heavily since he waited so long makes it feel like we've lost a ton of leverage.

douglas tried to play both sides of the fence for a while - putting out intel that they're so smitten with darnold's talent that they don't know if they should trade him, despite constant reports coming out that he loves wilson.  douglas pushed the decision back as far as he could, hoping someone would bite on the darnold lure he threw in the water a while ago.  but now he's lost any sort of leverage he may have had.  everyone knows he's taking wilson so why bid anything substantial to take darnold off his hands.  most teams have found starters for 2021 and there's a bunch in the draft for the taking.  

i can't help but think that on some level, douglas was too influenced by how much he got for jamal and figured if he held out long enough he'd get close to what he was asking for darnold.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh look, the fan boy & career long back up, Dan Orsocky, or some sh*t, has the same ice cold take he has every day on Get Up because he liked him pre-draft.

Nauseating BS.

yeah because bill parcels was a HOF TE, and bill bellicheck was a HOF center right? former QB's Chris Simms and Dan Orlovsky both think the jets can win with Darnold, but "Patriot Killa" the message board poster thinks they sucked as players so they cant know anything about football.