Mo Wilk, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Darron Lee, Quinton Coples

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Edit

Jets will also to be thebforst te in the history of the NFL draft to pick a QB twice in the first round in a 4 year span. 

And it’s the right call. QB is the most important position on the roster. What’s wrong with pouring resources into it?

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jets will also to be the first team in the history of the NFL draft to pick a QB twice in the first round in a 4 year span. 

No team will ever pick a QB twice in the top three in a four year span. 
What about the Cardinals?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

It's not a secret. I feel like you're preaching to the choir? BTW, I think that officially makes EVERY MIKE Macagnan pick officially off the Jets. 

Actually I had not realized the list was this long. Mike Greenberg called it the express train to suck.

• Haha 1

1st round has the worst hit rate of any round never mind the fact Mo was a damn good player for the Jets.

The Jets second round selections have sucked for the better part of 25 years.  Then there's selecting Ardarius Stewart over Chris Godwin and Dexter McDougle over Gabe Jackson- that's why they suck.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I was just watching ESPN this morning and they listed the Jets first round picks for about the last 10 years not only is Bechton the only one still on the team, but the guys listed above are not even in the league anymore. Bart Scott said do you know how bad you have to suck to be a first round pick and nobody wants to give you a chance. 

This is why the Jets are so bad. 

Quinnen Williams is probably our best player and a first round pick. 

This is why I don't watch ESPN.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

That’s what happens when you exclusively draft defensive players in a decade where the league has put a premium on offense. 

No, it’s what happens when you have 2 GM miss in every pick over 6-8 years... And that’s after 4-years with a HC hijacks the roster and fills it with guys that reflect his own personality disorders back at him.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I was just watching ESPN this morning and they listed the Jets first round picks for about the last 10 years not only is Bechton the only one still on the team, but the guys listed above are not even in the league anymore. Bart Scott said do you know how bad you have to suck to be a first round pick and nobody wants to give you a chance. 

This is why the Jets are so bad. 

You forgot Sheldon Richardson

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sam_S said:

1st round has the worst hit rate of any round never mind the fact Mo was a damn good player for the Jets.

The Jets second round selections have sucked for the better part of 25 years.  Then there's selecting Ardarius Stewart over Chris Godwin and Dexter McDougle over Gabe Jackson- that's why they suck.

Mo was good until he got paid.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I may gave gotten it wrong. It was 7 in the morning and I just had one sip of coffee at the time

All good. The reality is the Jets recent first round picks have been great. Williams and Adams may be playing for other teams but they are pro bowl caliber players. Quinnen and Becton are likely the same. 

The problem has been drafting players at non-premium positions (the reason why some of these studs "fall" to us) and the rest of our drafts sucking. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Mo had 1 good year, was slow, got off to a slow start etc.  Never was a disrupter that we could count on. Good player but not a 1st round talent. 

This is ridiculous. He had more than one good year, he had one dominant year. He was comfortably worth a first round pick and would have been a Jets legend had he not decided to quit when he got paid. 

• Upvote 3

Once gain even though they failed badly Idziks picks were superior to Macs.

Took a CB at 9, yeah Milliner flamed out quick but he was good for a few games at the end of the season and Cb is a premium position.

Shel Rich a great looking DT at 13

Pryor a safety at 18 and jace amaro a TE at 49, Geno at 39

4 oline in two years.

His valuing of picks made sense he simply was dreadful at the actual drafting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is ridiculous. He had more than one good year, he had one dominant year. He was comfortably worth a first round pick and would have been a Jets legend had he not decided to quit when he got paid. 

For me... other than that one year, he didn't pass the eye test. Slow, over weight and after he got the money, the TRUE Mo showed his face permanently.   BUT it's history.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Once gain even though they failed badly Idziks picks were superior to Macs.

Took a CB at 9, yeah Milliner flamed out quick but he was good for a few games at the end of the season and Cb is a premium position.

Shel Rich a great looking DT at 13

Pryor a safety at 18 and jace amaro a TE at 49, Geno at 39

4 oline in two years.

His valuing of picks made sense he simply was dreadful at the actual drafting.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jace-amaro-ponders-100-reception-question-13090596

the sad thing is there are MANY folks on here that defended Mac and Izadick over and over and over again-we needed to be "patient"-they had "a plan"

now folks are hyping Joe D like he has accomplished something spectacular-he is gm of the second worst team in football-until the team actually wins games and fields a competitive roster I will wait to crown him....