Zack's Mom Going to be an Issue?

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The country is sooo hyper-politicized now. It's just disgusting. We have "MAGA" families and "BLM" families. 

No one should give a sh*t about the politics of Zach Wilson's family, but of course it will be an issue because we are all taught to be on the red team or the blue team and to define ourselves based on those allegiances. 

Most non hyper neurotic people don’t pay attention to the day to say political sportscenter.

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The country is sooo hyper-politicized now. It's just disgusting. We have "MAGA" families and "BLM" families. 

No one should give a sh*t about the politics of Zach Wilson's family, but of course it will be an issue because we are all taught to be on the red team or the blue team and to define ourselves based on those allegiances. 

It's not just this country. It's every country, and it's because everyone now has a bunch of platforms to choose from in their pocket to share their opinions for public consumption. 

People are never going to stop reacting to opinions. If the Jets want to stop this, it has to be by telling the mom to essentially shut up and mom. 

14 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I couldn't disagree with a lot of her stances more. However, it should have zero impact on the Jets/Zach - but to think it won't is probably being naieve. As others have stated there have been "twitter rumblings" thus far - which is no big deal... but what happens if he is forced to comment on it? Wearing masks may fly - but if she says something about social movements/player protesting and a beat reporter asks Zach about it - it'll be a thing unless he just throws his mom under the bus. 

Unfortunately its the world we live in now. She should have every right to say whatever it is she wants - but her son is going to be a superstar now and it'll probably impact him whether its fair or not. 

I feel like it becomes an issue if Fox picks up on it and runs a “cancel culture” segment about silencing the mother. Having a MAGA QB in NY would be a really fun story for them, so it’ll be on Zach to navigate it with finesse

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like it becomes an issue if Fox picks up on it and runs a “cancel culture” segment about silencing the mother. Having a MAGA QB in NY would be a really fun story for them, so it’ll be on Zach to navigate it with finesse will be a big deal. 

Has Zach Wilson ever made a political statement? Feels like some overzealous projection here over an attention seeking cheerleader mom.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's not just this country. It's every country, and it's because everyone now has a bunch of platforms to choose from in their pocket to share their opinions for public consumption. 

People are never going to stop reacting to opinions. If the Jets want to stop this, it has to be by telling the mom to essentially shut up and mom. 

It has to be Zack telling her to shut up.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Has Zach Wilson ever made a political statement? Feels like some overzealous projection here over an attention seeking cheerleader mom.

I remember some years ago you were dug in pretty deep on the parents of that Dolphin's lineman that got into it with Incognito about how the parents were a huge problem.  You don't see the makings of some concern re: Wilson's parents?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I remember some years ago you were dug in pretty deep on the parents of that Dolphin's lineman that got into it with Incognito about how the parents were a huge problem.  You don't see the makings of some concern re: Wilson's parents?

His mom she stay off of social media.

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Interesting.  I guess I was unaware of my own lack of testosterone and girlish ways. 

Hey @The Crusher, did you hear, I'm a little girly man.   

Thanks for educating me, undertow.  What would we do without real men like you.  

c'mon fish, we all knew it - we just didn't say it out loud.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Apparently a social media rant about Disney or something blowing up.  We can't just have zero distractions can we?

Oh, I do not think it is so bad.  I would do anything for a Miko Grimes wife or mother.  She has made me howl with laughter.  During last year's 2-14 season, it would have been a welcome distraction. 

Besides, she will stop posting when twitter starts responding with pictures of their Zach Wilson sex doll.

Personally, I hope Zach watches Bull Durham and gets it.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’m embarrassed that I actually know this, but Zach actually briefly unfollowed his mother yesterday, and then re-followed a couple of hours later.  Me thinks they had a nice little chat.

LOL, I hate the internet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True and I refuse to do it. Both sides are too extreme and I choose to hate them both. 

• Upvote 2

Here's the issue for Wilson. He is now QB of the Jets. The QB is a leader.  A very large majority of the players in that locker room are Black and are likely to be concerned with social issues and are not fond of the MAGA message, which is inexorably tied up now in White supremacy/Q-Anon, anti BLM conspiracy theories and rhetoric.  MAGA/Trump does not play well in NFL locker rooms and does not make for a unified locker room.  If he is going to earn the respect of his teammates - in addition to playing well and having the right attitude - the MAGA/Covidiot/Right wing conspiracy "freedom"  stuff from his family is going to have to go away or go silent.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1