6 TDs for Zach Wilson — Bonus Jets Camp Notes 08/04/21

48 minutes ago, JetNation said:

TD’s were scored by Corey Davis, Trevon Wesco, Ryan Griffin, Jeff Smith, Tyler Kroft and Chris Herndon

TE is so big in this scheme. I hope our collection of jags can combine for some good production.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

24 TDs for a season would put Zach at #5 all time for a rookie lol.  

3500 yards and something like 24 TD’s and 12 INT’s is perfectly attainable for Wilson IMO.

I’m not expecting a majestic, all-time rookie campaign…but I see no reason why he can’t perform at a promising, slightly above average level as a rookie with the promise to get much better in the future.

Douglas has done about as good a job of upgrading the OL and WR corps as you could realistically hope for in his first 2 full offseasons.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

3500 yards and something like 24 TD’s and 12 INT’s is perfectly attainable for Wilson IMO.

I’m not expecting a majestic, all-time rookie campaign…but I see no reason why he can’t perform at a promising, slightly above average level as a rookie with the promise to get much better in the future.

Douglas has done about as good a job of upgrading the OL and WR corps as you could realistically hope for in his first 2 full offseasons.

12th in all time yards for a rookie (But most on the list are recent so a good range) and 5th in TDs.  There is an extra game now.  

3500 yards and 20 TDs would be fine stats but I'd like to see improvement and see the game slowing down for him.  

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I was there, you think I would’ve remembered it.  Rainy day too.

SAR I

Yep. Also in typical Jet fashion they had to throw away the window dressing when they allowed three garbage time touchdowns 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If it rained you may have missed that game. 

joewilly12

Overhang in the old Giants Stadium mezzanine kept us dry.  Back then I was driving 10 hours round-trip for each Jets game I went to. If rain snuck up in the forecast I was already committed to going with hotels booked, my 7 year old all excited for a road trip, etc.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Ummm...   Namath vs. Colts 6 tds and nearly 500 yds.  Unitas threw for almost as much.  I can't be the only one this old on this site can I?

Kicking this to the front as a history lesson. Demonstrates how good Namath was in an era where achieving that was much more difficult.

14 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Ummm...   Namath vs. Colts 6 tds and nearly 500 yds.  Unitas threw for almost as much.  I can't be the only one this old on this site can I?

Remember the game well.  It was one hell of a game.  Early in the 1972 season.  Wasnt the game that Unitas went off too though if I remember.  Namath had just under 500 yards on something like 15 passes.  Both Eddie Bell and Rich Caster had around 200 yards receiving 

For all those who like to talk about Namaths numbers comparing him to todays game Namath started 13 of the 14 games that season and led the NFL in passing yards with all of 2816 yards, led touchdown passes tossed with 19, led the NFL in yards per attempt 8.7, and yards per completion 17.4.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember the game well.  It was one hell of a game.  Early in the 1972 season.  Wasnt the game that Unitas went off too though if I remember.  Namath had just under 500 yards on something like 15 passes.  Both Eddie Bell and Rich Caster had around 200 yards receiving 

For all those who like to talk about Namaths numbers comparing him to todays game Namath started 13 of the 14 games that season and led the NFL in passing yards with all of 2816 yards, led touchdown passes tossed with 19, led the NFL in yards per attempt 8.7, and yards per completion 17.4.

Game I went to that year he had 45.6 yards per completion.  Not a misprint.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gibby said:

Actually not true. He would tie Brett Favre who threw 6 vs the Cardinals wearing those hideous Titan throw backs.

I was at that game.  I came away from it with a few thoughts.

1. Favre knew a lot more offense than little Schotty.  It was Favre himself that was calling the offense at that time.

2. At that time, few NFL Fans had any idea what the Cardinals were.  After that game, I KNEW they would be blowing the roof off the house with offensive production all season long.  It is a total shame the officials screwed them out of their deserved Super Bowl win by interfering on behalf of the little Pittsburgh Squeelers.

3. Boldin one of the best, and toughest WRs ever to play.  He got his face smashed in and was back at it not too long after. 

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Game I went to that year he had 45.6 yards per completion.  Not a misprint.

Amazing right?  And then you read people who tell you they weren't around back then but his numbers suck and he's in the hall because he won a SB

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Kicking this to the front as a history lesson. Demonstrates how good Namath was in an era where achieving that was much more difficult.

This puts it all in the proper perspective.  Waiting for those who think hes overrated by reading his numbers and compare them to todays game.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

20 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

The one record I desperately want broken is 31 by Fitz.  That’s embarrassing 

Fits also holds the Houston Texans record of 6 TDs in a game vs Tennessee in 2014.

For a not very good player, he certainly is doing a good job of etching his name in the stone. And that is not even considering his $71.5 million in career earnings, which will jump to $82 million after this season. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing right?  And then you read people who tell you they weren't around back then but his numbers suck and he's in the hall because he won a SB

Yeah.  Guy was the best player on the field.  Everybody knew it.  Whether the sabremetricians know it or not, doesn't mean sh*t to me.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  Guy was the best player on the field.  Everybody knew it.  Whether the sabremetricians know it or not, doesn't mean sh*t to me.

I tell my son how scary the dolphins were because every time we played them the guy at the most important position on the field was the best player on the field for both team during those Marino years.  Just like it was with Namath for those great seasons.  

Man, how I miss those Namath years.

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I was at that game.  I came away from it with a few thoughts.

1. Favre knew a lot more offense than little Schotty.  It was Favre himself that was calling the offense at that time.

2. At that time, few NFL Fans had any idea what the Cardinals were.  After that game, I KNEW they would be blowing the roof off the house with offensive production all season long.  It is a total shame the officials screwed them out of their deserved Super Bowl win by interfering on behalf of the little Pittsburgh Squeelers.

3. Boldin one of the best, and toughest WRs ever to play.  He got his face smashed in and was back at it not too long after. 

Favre knew the offense?  Maybe, but he didn't want to run it.  He's a choker and a dog.  He only ever won a SB because that fat **** was calling Hess and planning to carpet bag his way to the next destination.  They won that game on D and his heartbreaking INTs cost plenty of teams. 

He folded up like a cheap lawn chair in 2008.  People who act like the Jets would have won the Super Bowl with him instead of Sanchez should look  at how he ended the 2007 and 2010 playoffs.  **** that hayseed in his copperfit socks.

The only difference if he were here in 2009 and 2010 is we probably would have lost our playoff game at home instead of the road.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Fits also holds the Houston Texans record of 6 TDs in a game vs Tennessee in 2014.

For a not very good player, he certainly is doing a good job of etching his name in the stone. And that is not even considering his $71.5 million in career earnings, which will jump to $82 million after this season. 

Let's say the average starting QB is a 7

The average backup is like a 4

Fitzloser is like a 5.5

He still sort of sucks but is easily the best of the veteran retread backups and teams keep convincing themselves they can win with him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Favre knew the offense?  Maybe, but he didn't want to run it.  He's a choker and a dog.  He only ever won a SB because that fat **** was calling Hess and planning to carpet bag his way to the next destination.  They won that game on D and his heartbreaking INTs cost plenty of teams. 

He folded up like a cheap lawn chair in 2008.  People who act like the Jets would have won the Super Bowl with him instead of Sanchez should look  at how he ended the 2007 and 2010 playoffs.  **** that hayseed in his copperfit socks.

The only difference if he were here in 2009 and 2010 is we probably would have lost our playoff game at home instead of the road.

Like him or not, he's one of the most prolific QB's in league history. Given your compulsion for name calling here, I'd guess you just don't care for him personally.  That aside, my post was not a fanfare for Favre,  It was an admonishment of B. Schottenheimer.