Yeboah will be cut - as he should be.

Paradis

That seam catch was NOT with his body. It was right in his bread basket.  And that Hail Mary - look at the tape - his arms are striaght up in the air - at his high point, the ball lands on his righ arm and he cradles it in. Great catch! 

Sure it was. He caught it with his body. He didn’t high point the ball. All four balls were caught with his body. That’s why he wasn’t drafted, and the fact he isn’t a good blocker. I did see some nice blocks against the Eagles. The effort is there, he just not a finished project.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I dont really care if makes the team or does not. If he makes us better than I'm all for it. 

With THAT being said, I think a lot of people on here dont want him to make the team just because @Defense Wins Championshipswants him to. which is understandable considering how overbearing and insufferable you can be my guy. I love busting your nuts but I also really love your enthusiasm. Too many of us on here can be extreme nihilists. 

With THAT being said, I would love to see you put your money where your mouth is and purchase a Yeboah jersey today, before the cuts come in next week. 

Plenty of us loved when we picked up Yeboah as an UDFA. He makes it seem like he’s the only one in the world that liked the Yeboah pickup. He craves that attention and seeks credibility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Gronk catches with his hands, Yeboah is a body catcher.

Comparing the two is quite comical.

I didnt notice those body catches by Yeboah Friday night.  Not on his 1st down catch, his TD catch or his game ending TD.

Using this as a comparison is kind of comical actually.  Gronks the GOAT, while Yeboah is praying for a spot on a team that lacks talent at TE, thats all we need to know. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Plenty of us loved when we picked up Yeboah as an UDFA. He makes it seem like he’s the only one in the world that liked the Yeboah pickup. He craves that attention and seeks credibility. 

This may be true but he is the only person that came out the gate with the thunder and lightning of Zeus himself in support of Yeboah. 

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Said Our Lads - who gave him a fourth round grade:

He has the "possibility of being an every down asset down the road" who has the frame "to add functional weight". 

A classic developmental project as a blocking tight end with inline starter upside.  I do not know about any of you, but I have seen everything in that scouting report in the preseason games.  He is a sure handed pass catcher with limited speed whose potential will be realized when he has added the functional weight necessary for the NFL trenches.

This is a long winded way of saying Yeboah can help us and become a real asset.  But to make the Jets, he will have to be the blocking tight end - he may not be ready yet fellas.  He is an ideal candidate for the practice squad.  I think he is likely to clear waivers.  While he had other offers as an UDFA - he spent camp with us and is of limited utility to other clubs because they would be starting from scratch.  They would have the same problem we have.  To have him make the club he will have to play.  A lot. 

He will be cut this year and added to the practice squad.  Next year, he makes the team and is a regular in short yardage, goal line and anytime we want two tight ends in the game.  A staple of the Shanahan offenses.  He has the hands, he needs to eat his Wheaties.  

His best chance this year lies in Brown's presence on the injury report.  I suspect the Jets are loath to part ways with Brown.  Oh, he will be cut too.   I fully expect the Jets to go down to 50 players and milk that #2 priority for all it is worth.   It is just that Brown can be cut and brought back again just like he has in the past.  But that 50 player line is also why I think it unlikely that Yeboah makes the 2021 Jets.  I confess, I AM rooting for him.  May he shut my mouth.  

So basically a more diplomatic version of what i said. ....He'd be "billed" in the draft community as a receiving threat, but really i saw a project inline blocker. A role that is tough to keep at job with if you're not starter grade. 

I disagree about the frame weight comment. He's already listed at 6'4 250.  Fells, Harris and similar pros are 6'7 270 - I don't know if He can carry 270 and be useful. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

It would be cool if he was better than he is right now, I’m sure everyone would love to see that.  I don’t wish he doesn’t make the team because he has some potential down the road, just don’t think he’s worthy of a 53 man spot right now and the practice squad is the perfect place for him.  

Besides, my biggest argument was really against him being some “freakish” athlete, that’s simply not the case.  

I honestly havent read a single post in the thread.  I just saw the title and thought this was a strange thing to do, so not sure what everyone is saying here but it would be cool if a lot of players were better then they are.  Yeboah was a UDFA, there was a reason for that but they also paid him well, so he probably will at least make the practice squad. 

Anywho, just a weird thing to get excited about.  I would think there would be more visceral toward a guy like Herndon who hasnt really done anything to warrant his 4th round draft status. 

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Except he really isn’t fast or overly athletic for a TE.  He’s doesn’t posses any burst or suddenness.   There was a reason he went undrafted and making the 53 was going to be tough for him if there weren’t injuries in camp.  With the expanded practice squad rosters and the flexibility of being able to move guys up and down this year, I would expect Kenny to be a lock for the practice squad.  I wouldn’t expect anyone claiming him off waivers and putting him on their 53 man either.    

I guess you are right. I was viewing it in comparison to the other TEs on this roster, none of whom have those qualities other than maybe Herndon. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah man. He created this crap thread as a way of "mocking me" over my Kenny Yeboah excitement (a player who I've stuck up for, raved about and defended since day one). 

Because this kid seen me sticking up for him vs literally HUNDREDS OF ANGRY JETS FANS ON TWITTER and over a stupid fumble/rookie "mistake" and for 30 minutes I continued to copy and paste his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos while warning idiot "fans" not to quit on this kid because of one mistake and what did Kenny Yeboah do the very next morning?

This is a POS CRAP THREAD that was made to trash a Rookie and a fan who was celebrating his making of our team. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How pathetic was it for him to not only create this thread but also mentioning by username within his OP? No comment on that? 

He put it on himself. 

You sound like a token friend on a Netflix show. You're the other guy in Pretty In Pink.

You're also insane lol. I didn't tag or create this thread in your name. And @JiFapono didn't start as a "i hope he gets cut" either. Just an personal observation piece in light of reading too many blowhard hot takes. I Like him as a blocker, should spend a year on the PS, but he'll get cut, as he should. 

That's it. I poked fun for the first sentence.  There's no space, rent free or not, occupied upstairs by you on this end.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

You sound like a token friend on a Netflix show. You're the other guy in Pretty In Pink.

You're also insane lol. I didn't tag or create this thread in your name. And @JiFapono didn't start as a "i hope he gets cut" either. Just an personal observation piece in light of reading too many blowhard hot takes. I Like him as a blocker, should spend a year on the PS, but he'll get cut, as he should. 

That's it. I poked fun for the first sentence.  There's no space, rent free or not, occupied upstairs by you on this end.

I mean, you're saying that eventually he will get cut and he should.  That's definitely hoping he'll get cut whether you realize it or not.  I get some people overreacted to the signing but celebrating that you were right about a UDFA getting cut is weird.  That's all.  If it's simply to troll people who like him as a prospect, ok, cool, I guess but he wasnt drafted.  lol  Anyone that knew what he was as a prospect knew he wasnt draft worthy and the odds of those dudes making teams are bad.

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I mean, you're saying that eventually he will get cut and he should.  That's definitely hoping he'll get cut whether you realize it or not.  I get some people overreacted to the signing but celebrating that you were right about a UDFA getting cut is weird.  That's all.  If it's simply to troll people who like him as a prospect, ok, cool, I guess but he wasnt drafted.  lol  Anyone that knew what he was as a prospect knew he wasnt draft worthy and the odds of those dudes making teams are bad.

What? 

Was my last post in Mongolian? This ^^ is top to bottom wrong. Hope is not the same as stating what i think will happen. Take that trash assessment and punt it out the window.... What I HOPE?.... i hope that all our UDFAs become legit playmakers. I'm not celebrating fck all. I think he's got ways to go to get on the field, and haven't seen enough to warrant a spot on the 53. If he can spent a year on the PS and pull a josh allen, then i'm game, sweetheart. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What? 

Was my last post in Mongolian? This ^^ is top to bottom wrong. Hope is not the same as stating what i think will happen. Take that trash assessment and punt it out the window.... What I HOPE?.... i hope that all our UDFAs become legit playmakers. I'm not celebrating fck all. I think he's got ways to go to get on the field, and haven't seen enough to warrant a spot on the 53. If he can spent a year on the PS and pull a josh allen, then i'm game, sweetheart. 

I mean, when your title says "he should be cut" it's basically saying you hope he is. Just like when I say Herndon should be cut, I'm saying I hope he is. Why would you want the Jets to keep a player that you don't think is worth it?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

This may be the best advice i have ever seen on this site.  Sadly it came way too late to help me. 

This thread is like the proverbial car crash, where you know you should keep your eyes ont he road ahead of you, but you just have to take a glance to see how bad the wreck is.

Same.

I can't stop coming back to it. It's a sickness.

20 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, when your title says "he should be cut" it's basically saying you hope he is. Just like when I say Herndon should be cut, I'm saying I hope he is. Why would you want the Jets to keep a player that you don't think is worth it?

I get that it landed as such. Push back syndrome on my end. But the post he quoted, was me clarifying that it wasn’t  stake burning I intended. More of an observation. 

so there. 

59 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Sure it was. He caught it with his body. He didn’t high point the ball. All four balls were caught with his body. That’s why he wasn’t drafted, and the fact he isn’t a good blocker. I did see some nice blocks against the Eagles. The effort is there, he just not a finished project.

Fine agreed. He's not a  finished prodeuct. What rookie is? But to say he exclusively catches with his body is totally ridiculous.  Every WR catches balls with his body here and there. They ALL catch with their hands or they wouldnt be in the NFL, they'd be playing soccer somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

What? 

Calm your t!ts, don’t get so worked up.  My bad, you’re a big fan hoping for the best but confident in the worst!!!  

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Calm your t!ts, don’t get so worked up.  My bad, you’re a big fan hoping for the best but confident in the worst!!!  

I wasn’t worked up. I just got back from vaca dude. I’m post-coitus chill. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This may be the best advice i have ever seen on this site.  Sadly it came way too late to help me. 

This thread is like the proverbial car crash, where you know you should keep your eyes ont he road ahead of you, but you just have to take a glance to see how bad the wreck is.

The problem is as a Jet fan it is not just a matter of rubber necking an accident, you get rear ended by the car behind you as you rubber neck on this site.  Then more jets fans come by to rubber neck...and so on, and so on.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The problem is as a Jet fan it is not just a matter of rubber necking an accident, you get rear ended by the car behind you as you rubber neck on this site.  Then more jets fans come by to rubber neck...and so on, and so on.....

And half of us are masturbating.

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Seems simple to me. You keep the youngest guy with the biggest upside and that is Yeboah. Herndon has show nothing, nor has any TE other than Kroft.  Its not like we have good players at TE. It is by definition a developmental position. The X Factor guys are also eager to cut Yeboah. You have to consider the overall group and in that group Yeboah is worth keeping.

Generally the guy catching the hail Mary at the end of the last preseason game doesn't make the roster. 

I have nothing against the kid, nor do I prefer any of the other guys,  but what we've seen in these games is a fraction of what the coaches get to see in practice.  

• Upvote 1