Taylor Decker

Albaniajet

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

Sewell playing lights out at LT on a rookie contract means the lions may be looking to trade Decker in the near future.  We could bring him here for picks and move Becton to RT where he may be a better fit in the future

We have to hope Becton is the real deal. He’s a kid who showed promise last year, let’s give him some time. Not every kid grows into their role at the same pace.

Take a look at last night’s game. I know you hate all things NYG, but look at the play of their young LT. He struggled at the beginning of last year, then improved steadily. He’s started off this season with two very good games, especially last night against a very good DL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We have to hope Becton is the real deal. He’s a kid who showed promise last year, let’s give him some time. Not every kid grows into their role at the same pace.

Take a look at last night’s game. I know you hate all things NYG, but look at the play of their young LT. He struggled at the beginning of last year, then improved steadily. He’s started off this season with two very good games, especially last night against a very good DL.

Look, I believe you have to give rookies time, but the Giants' LT is moving in the RIGHT direction; Becton seems to moving in the wrong direction. And so far he can't stay on the field. Now, in his defense, to the best of my knowledge he didn't have any injury history in college, so maybe it has been bad luck, or maybe he needs to get his weight down to a point where his body can take the constant battle against NFL-level D-line talent.

In any case, I have been a strong supporter of JD, but I am beginning to lose faith, at least a little. Too many draft picks are not producing. And with our lack of talent, taking "developmental" players like Jubari and Morgan were, in my opinion, big mistakes. We should have come out of last year's draft with two quality receivers, and this past draft with one or two more interior OL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, viffer said:

Look, I believe you have to give rookies time, but the Giants' LT is moving in the RIGHT direction; Becton seems to moving in the wrong direction. And so far he can't stay on the field. Now, in his defense, to the best of my knowledge he didn't have any injury history in college, so maybe it has been bad luck, or maybe he needs to get his weight down to a point where his body can take the constant battle against NFL-level D-line talent.

In any case, I have been a strong supporter of JD, but I am beginning to lose faith, at least a little. Too many draft picks are not producing. And with our lack of talent, taking "developmental" players like Jubari and Morgan were, in my opinion, big mistakes. We should have come out of last year's draft with two quality receivers, and this past draft with one or two more interior OL.

I can’t disagree with a single thing you said, in fact I agree with all of it.

I was merely trying to find a silver lining somewhere. ?

17 hours ago, viffer said:

The difference with Becton is they changed systems between year 1 and 2.  The different blocking technique has a learning curve associated with it so I think he deserves some patience.  Now with the injury  it's going to take even longer.

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, viffer said:

Andrew thomas is trending in right direction have you actually watched him play? Becton is light years ahead of thomas. 

7 hours ago, jago said:

moving becton to RT wont ‘fix’ him. he’s got the tools for LT. he needs to be in NFL condition. He’s got to improve his training and dedication. don’t know if he will have the heart to do this.

If you look at his family on draft day, I don't think conditioning is a word they know around that household.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:34 AM, Scoop24 said:

Andrew thomas is trending in right direction have you actually watched him play? Becton is light years ahead of thomas. 

I didn't say he was better; I said he was moving in the right direction. A rookie in year 2 should be improving, but Becton, prior to the injury, seemed to be regressing. Just an observation; I'm not saying we should get rid of Becton, just that I am beginning to worry.

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

I didn't say he was better; I said he was moving in the right direction. A rookie in year 2 should be improving, but Becton, prior to the injury, seemed to be regressing. Just an observation; I'm not saying we should get rid of Becton, just that I am beginning to worry.

Becton had a good rookie year.  I don’t know what to make of TC.  I mean, Elijah Moore was supposed to be the best rookie WR since Randy Moss because of TC

I think moving Becton to RT can help in the long run.  He’s a mauler and there would be less pressure on him to be perfect in pass protection 

12 minutes ago, viffer said:

Becton did not show any regression on game day. The only sack giving up wasn't even his fault it was Zach dropping back to far. Whatever he is constantly hurt this doesn't even matter right now.