***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The one thing that is unfathomable re the new york market is the stadium.  I say this as a non new yorker.  Every other team is building awesome stadiums and a two team huge market builds a generic lego stadium.

Oh god the metlife thing again

Besides the outside design what’s the beef? Do you go to watch football or “the experience” I don’t know I spent the game in the stands watching football and I tailgate. A parking lot is parking lot.

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Besides the outside design what’s the beef? Do you go to watch football or “the experience” I don’t know I spent the game in the stands watching football and I tailgate. A parking lot is parking lot.

no excuse for a market as big as ny and the two teams there not to have one of the best stadiums in the league.  You can enjoy football anywhere but when the fans are paying through the face to very profitable teams they should provide a great all around game experience.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Worst stadium in the league with the worst football in the league.  

In Chargers Balt earlier in the game LA coach went for it 4th and I think 2 inside their own 30. At that time the Chargers were down at least by 2 TDS probably more and they tried a medium passing  play about 10 yards incomplete. Maybe he thought percentage wise they should make it but at that point in the game it was a really poor decision. We’ve seen teams go for it on 4th down a lot but I’ve never seen it done that far into a teams own territory that early in game. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

no excuse for a market as big as ny and the two teams there not to have one of the best stadiums in the league.  You can enjoy football anywhere but when the fans are paying through the face to very profitable teams they should provide a great all around game experience.

Have to be honest. I feel Metlife is clean, open, the field always in great shape, right off 95 conveniently. I really have no issues with the game day experience. They could do a better job with the exit from the parking lot, but getting 70k people out of any place is going to have issues. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

There was more than one NFL account tweeting earlier about the financial implications of the Chiefs getting out of Patrick Mahomes’ contract.

Do these sports leagues ever get tired of whining about and  trying to cut their labor costs? Open the books already or end this cap nonsense. Competitive balance my ass. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold has 7 picks and 5 fumbles in 6 games. He needed to look more like a game manager this year, but once the season has settled in he again looks like the ultimate project car of the NFL. 

He's a good guy and I wish him luck, but this is the same stuff since he was in college.

• Upvote 2