***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

Cowboys have this.
Pats have been crazy competitive for a 2-4 team. A few plays away against Miami, Tampa and now Dallas.
Jones is legit. They’ll destroy us next week.
I dont want that to happen ...

But i agree ... wont be close

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I really wonder how many people on this forum actually were actively watching football when Brady started. He was literally a carbon copy of what you’re seeing with Mac Jones. There used to be threads on Jets Insider debating whether Brady or Pennington had a stronger arm. This is how Belicheck brings on QB’s. He shortens the field and makes the game simpler. It’s also why so many backups looked good early on and went on to stink for other teams.

Mac Jones has faced top level completion at every level of his football life, is extremely smart, and plays with a chip on his shoulder. The only advantage Zach Wilson has on him is arm strength and running speed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I was. He isn’t a carbon copy. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

I really wonder how many people on this forum actually were actively watching football when Brady started. He was literally a carbon copy of what you’re seeing with Mac Jones. There used to be threads on Jets Insider debating whether Brady or Pennington had a stronger arm.

Yes people forget, or aren't old enough to remember that TB12 started as a super game manager....he was more known for being clutch then winning games solely on his arm. 

He honestly wasn't regarded as a super level Elite QB until he got Randy 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dak stats this year:

13 tds, 3 ints - 1,368 yards

Cousins stats this year:

13 tds, 2 ints - 1,769 yards

Narrative- Dak is an mvp candidate.  Kirk Cousins is a terrible qb.

Cousins is 28-24-1 as starting QB of the Vikings. He led them to the playoffs once, in 2019. He’s a good QB statistically, but he’s a loser whose teammates think is trash. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Wow. Blowing Jamal Adams on first okay. Disgusting 

The broadcast team is given game notes from each team about players they should highlight. Why they keep doing this for Adams reeks of Seattle management trying to justify the trade and contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cousins is 28-24-1 as starting QB of the Vikings. He led them to the playoffs once, in 2019. He’s a good QB statistically, but he’s a loser whose teammates think is trash. 

U can say this all u want but the defense and coaching have played a major role in them losing games.

The poor guy had to win the game twice today just to get the W.  He had to do it last week too after his defense let the lions score at the end of the 4th.

Because stefan diggs is a clown does not mean “his teammates think hes trash”.

Just now, The Crusher said:

OMG Adams does nothing and they still try to make it about him. Fire starter? Holy Christ. Are they gonna actually jerk off when he finally actually dies anything. 

lol Adams jogged three yards upfield, got easily blocked out of the play by the TE, and Collinsworth is still like “THERE HE IS. THE FIRESTARTER”

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

U can say this all u want but the defense and coaching have played a major role in them losing games.

The poor guy had to win the game twice today just to get the W.  He had to do it last week too after his defense let the lions score at the end of the 4th.

They’re paying him $125 million dollars for .500 football.

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I really wonder how many people on this forum actually were actively watching football when Brady started. He was literally a carbon copy of what you’re seeing with Mac Jones. There used to be threads on Jets Insider debating whether Brady or Pennington had a stronger arm. This is how Belicheck brings on QB’s. He shortens the field and makes the game simpler. It’s also why so many backups looked good early on and went on to stink for other teams.

Mac Jones has faced top level completion at every level of his football life, is extremely smart, and plays with a chip on his shoulder. The only advantage Zach Wilson has on him is arm strength and running speed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Brady replaced Bledsoe not quite half way in and almost never lost a game that season and won the SB  I NEVER remember debates about who was better.