***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He looks calm back there.  Doesn’t get happy feet and is really accurate.  Does t look like he is making his 6th start ever. 

Yup.  Very polished for a rookie.  Not being asked to do too much, but he is flawlessly executing what he is being asked to.  He has looked better than I expected, but I am still not convnced he has the upside of a top 10 NFL QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I agree, but remember, he stepped into the perfect situation; experienced CS running the same basic system on both sides of the ball for the last 20 years. Most of the team knows exactly what they need to do. Good OL and running game. OC has been in the league long enough to know that you keep it simple for rookie, give him safe plays and don't put the game on his shoulder in case it is absolutely needed.

But him on the Jets and he would be a mess - IMO.

Of course this is the case.

Now, we don't know what ZW would look like on the Pats...but I'm certain Mac would look awful on the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Very polished for a rookie.  Not being asked to do too much, but he is flawlessly executing what he is being asked to.  He has looked better than I expected, but I am still not convnced he has the upside of a top 10 NFL QB.

Threw a game losing pick 6. Last week should have thrown 5 picks if Texans DBs could catch. Got annihilated by saints who Darnold toys with. Literally the worst downfield passer in the nfl. Makes Pennington look like farve. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Not sure how high his ceiling is, will be interesting to see how they use him the rest of the season.  My guess is that there will be more throwing downfield.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pichula said:

Threw a game losing pick 6. Last week should have thrown 5 picks if Texans DBs could catch. Got annihilated by saints who Darnold toys with. Literally the worst downfield passer in the nfl. Makes Pennington look like farve. 

You must have missed the next play when he threw a 75 yd touchdown against the best CB in the game.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

You must have missed the next play when he threw a 75 yd touchdown against the best CB in the game.  

Not all touchdowns are created equal. That ball went 35 yards in the air directly into double coverage. The safety had a stroke in coverage. Context matters 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

To be that invested in a p[layer's failure.   I could never do that.  Oh wait, forgot about Jason Taylor and the entire Giants team, coaching staff, management, craft services & janitorial staff.... 

C'mon man.  That's not fair.  I have respect for the janitorial staff.  Those guys and gals work hard for little money and no glory.  The janitorial staff is ok by me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Cowboys have this.

Pats have been crazy competitive for a 2-4 team. A few plays away against Miami, KC and now Dallas.

Jones is legit. They’ll destroy us next week.

I get this all and I agree, but what happened to no moral victories, you are what your record says you are. We suck and will get killed, but the only teams they have beat are us and Houston who blocked their own kick. 

How many plays would need to change for the Jets to have won another game and be tied with the great Pats. The media likes to mock the Jets, but their team has only beaten us the hapless Texans.

Yep, the played Dallas hard, but Dallas did their absolute best to beat themselves until the end of the 4th quarter.

This team is 2-4, 0-4 at home and the only teams they have actually beat are 1 win teams. Yeah, they may kill us next week, but they are just an 8 win team; and this is because of BB's ego - had he not been a draconian prick, Tom and Gronk would still be there and they would be winning.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Not all touchdowns are created equal. That ball went 35 yards in the air directly into double coverage. The safety had a stroke in coverage. Context matters 

And the pick six bounced directly off the receivers hands.  You wanna blame mac for that but not give him credit for a TD, you can’t have it both ways.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Also no mention of BB being a scumbag.

Just watch the post-game press conference - he and his players just pout and not answer questions with the same monotoned got to focus on next week bs; "i already answered (should be ducked) that question". He is such a baby and all of the press thing he is a scumbag - the fans, on the other hand, well --- LOL

• Upvote 2