Not Giving up on Wilson But Fields Looks Pretty Good...

JetBlue

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

ESPN is state tv for the NFL and NBA players associations. It's legit unwatchable. The ex players and the new woke analysts kissing ass...it's so so bad. The Fields stuff has been bizarre.

For the player associations and not the leagues that they are partnered with to the tune of almost a Billion dollars? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Has any rookie QB looked good? I think they have all sucked. And for the record Jones isn't great and is fortunate to be in a proven system with a proven OC that plays to his strengths. 

I think Lawrence is starting to look good. You can tell he's going to be good. Couldnt believe people didnt think he was the surefire number one guy. Jones has played well, but looks limited ceiling wise. I think Wilson has some talent, just impossible to know much when the franchise is in such disarray. Fields has been flat out awful.

Just now, August said:

These rookie quarterbacks have looked average at best. How id rank them through 7 weeks. 

1. Mac Jones 

2. Trevor Lawrence 

3. Davis Mills

4. Zach Wilson

5. Justin Fields 

I’d say Zach ranks number 3, Lawrence no.1, Jones #2, Fields #4, Mills 5. 

56 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Has any rookie QB looked good? I think they have all sucked. And for the record Jones isn't great and is fortunate to be in a proven system with a proven OC that plays to his strengths. 

Its crazy how having an OC that plays to a young QBs strengths helps.

Kind of like Kyle Murray how nice it is to have his college coach as his pro coach.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:12 AM, JiFapono said:

His downfield accuracy is ridiculous.  It's already elite.  His ability to drop it in the bucket is stupid good.  Makes all the simple stuff, look, well simple.   Kid looks really good.  He's going to be a star in this league.  I think the most impressive part of Justin Fields is that he's stepping in like this while taking 2nd string reps up until a month ago.  You can see now that he's getting the majority of them, that's just getting better and better.  Kid is going to be stupid good in this league. 

But it's cool, Zach Wilson is awesome! So no harm, no foul. 

Simple stuff looking simple 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

ESPN is state tv for the NFL and NBA players associations. It's legit unwatchable. The ex players and the new woke analysts kissing ass...it's so so bad. The Fields stuff has been bizarre.

Yeah, they pay the leagues billions and its the PAs that theyre in bed with?  

But seriously, its "the struggling" ZW everytime hes mentioned and never for Fields, Lawrence or Lance when all have struggled thats tiring

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The shilling for pro athletes on the sports networks has become over the top to say the least. 

Players have always been afraid of criticizing players they recently played with. 

There are more sports on TV now, more players, less criticism.

3 hours ago, August said:

These rookie quarterbacks have looked average at best. How id rank them through 7 weeks. 

1. Mac Jones 

2. Trevor Lawrence 

3. Davis Mills

4. Zach Wilson

5. Justin Fields 

This past draft Trevor was the only legit qb.  Mac Jones second best but his ceiling isn’t high.  Basically he’s Case Keenum/Baker manage the offense 

The rest of this draft class is TRASH

• Upvote 1

Zack has the potential to be the best QB from his class - he needs the right coaching big time and I don't think he's getting it right now. It might even be a blessing in disguise if he misses some games steps back and learns how he needs to play to be consistently successful by watching Mike White - yeah that's a good one.