Panthers Sign QB Josh Love

5 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:
No idea what this means for James Morgan 

If they are signing Love to the practice squad, it probably means Morgan gets elevated to the active roster this week and backs up PJ Walker, if Darnold is not cleared.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BP said:

Darnold has incomplete fracture of shoulder blade, whatever the **** that’s supposed to mean after an MRI. Will miss several weeks. Supposedly happened in the 2nd quarter against the patriots according to espn.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32593531/source-carolina-panthers-qb-sam-darnold-incomplete-fracture-shoulder-blade?platform=amp

Could be, but seems more like another phantom Darnold injury that allows him to be benched while saving face. Rhule and the entire team were basically saying he needed to be benched after the game and then conveniently they find this injury. If Darnold was rolling and the Panthers were 6-2, somehow I think he plays on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, Maynard13 said:

JD with a swing and a miss.  Ehh no one's perfect.

I find it fascinating how many fans have an issue with JD taking a swing on the most important position (arguably) for team success in all of sports. It was a 4th round pick that didnt work out, but (it seems) like Mike White and Josh Johnson have. Not the end of the world, move on

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

Darnold has incomplete fracture of shoulder blade, whatever the **** that’s supposed to mean after an MRI. Will miss several weeks. Supposedly happened in the 2nd quarter against the patriots according to espn.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32593531/source-carolina-panthers-qb-sam-darnold-incomplete-fracture-shoulder-blade?platform=amp

Damn Patriots taking cheap shots against current and former Jet QBs - I bet there was no flag or fine just like with us. If they try that crap against Cleveland, Mac Jones won't make it through the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Could be, but seems more like another phantom Darnold injury that allows him to be benched while saving face. Rhule and the entire team were basically saying he needed to be benched after the game and then conveniently they find this injury. If Darnold was rolling and the Panthers were 6-2, somehow I think he plays on Sunday. 

Exactly "incomplete fracture" is a synonym of bruise. In  Darnold's case "shoulder" is also a synonym of pussy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Remember when some on this board were making arguments about how “big arm” Morgan was a good qb 

Some examples of backup QBs folks here swore were destined for greatness.  If only given a chance.  Bollinger, Brister, Carter, Lucas, Clemens, Petty, Faulk, McElroy....  

The only one I was praying they would take a chance on was Fales.  Just for the Post headline the day after he blows a game: "Fales: Does".

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wonder when they'll release Darnold.  

They have really boxed themselves in with that idiotic 5th year option. God it's gonna be fun to see what they do. I think the only way he gets traded if it's an Osweiler type deal where Carolina basically sells a draft pick to a team in exchange for them picking up a portion of Sam's salary.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

C8073F17-E023-4197-ABE9-909B1C9D6EC5.png

Devastating lol

55 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

serves him right; he jumped to Carolina - F him; had he been here he might have actually gotten some NFL playing time...

He was waived...

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Some examples of backup QBs folks here swore were destined for greatness.  If only given a chance.  Bollinger, Brister, Carter, Lucas, Clemens, Petty, Faulk, McElroy....  

The only one I was praying they would take a chance on was Fales.  Just for the Post headline the day after he blows a game: "Fales: Does".

How could you neglect to list the great Brett Ratliff?  And Matt Simms too!

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Goddam it.  I was not trying to name them all.  But leaving Ratliff one is egregious.   Thanks for the fix, 80.

I'm JN's unofficial Curator of Suck.  It's part of the job!

I wish there was an alliterative word I could use there.  Does Curator of Incompetence work?

• Haha 1