Panthers agree to terms with Newton

fullblast

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s the problem. He wasn’t a “big armed” QB and his accuracy was for s**t.   White has a bigger arm than Morgan.   The Jets have made way worse draft blunders than Morgan, but I just didn’t see any value in taking him there.  Like I said, not second guessing, I hated it from day one.  

If we were picking a developmental guy I would have preferred it be at a position that has multiple options to play--OLine, WR, RB, LB, any DB.  

Someone that can play in a rotational role.  Even if not a star.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s the problem. He wasn’t a “big armed” QB and his accuracy was for s**t.   White has a bigger arm than Morgan.   The Jets have made way worse draft blunders than Morgan, but I just didn’t see any value in taking him there.  Like I said, not second guessing, I hated it from day one.  

Morgan has a big arm, youre missing the value that was there, he had all the physical tool to warrant the pick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Morgan has a big arm, youre missing the value that was there, he had all the physical tool to warrant the pick

Lol…ok.  He was cut before he ever saw the field and looked terrible in camp this year.    ‘’All the physical tools”??   That’s comical.   I’m not missing anything, it was a bad pick.   Not the end of the world.  It doesn’t even require anymore discussion, it’s wasted energy at this point.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol…ok.  He was cut before he ever saw the field and looked terrible in camp this year.    ‘’All the physical tools”??   That’s comical.   I’m not missing anything, it was a bad pick.   Not the end of the world.  It doesn’t even require anymore discussion, it’s wasted energy at this point.  

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

JetNut said he has the tools. Ha ha ha! Yeah! 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Got to love how people take this news and then try to turn this thread into a Morgan pissing contest....

Jets recouped a 2nd plus a 4th plus a 6th 

The Panthers end up with two crappy Jets QBs and we can't stop $***ing on ourselves long enough to have some fun $***ing on them.

People  rather $*** their pants in frustration over a 4th rounder that didn't pan out than have some fun at the Panthers expense.

Insufferable 

Mel Brooks Poop GIF

image.jpeg.30765d99f55d1d58ce98f821337a6db9.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

its wasnt a value pick , it was for need. we had no backup at the time. Flacco was signed after the draft on May 27, 2020.

that and he probably knew after 2 seasons Sam wasnt good and maybe he could get lucky with a 4th rd QB. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Popped in here to make fun of the Panthers and Darnold.

Instead, weaving my way through the 'OMGZ Morgan SUX SO HARD' guys that need to equate spending a 4th RD pick on a QB that didn't work out to the worst move ever. 

For real.  I'd love for every 4th round QB to turn into Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins, but it just doesn't happen very often.

The Colts used a 4th round pick on Jacob Eason just 3 picks before the Jets took Morgan.  A lot of people here liked Eason pre-draft, if I recall correctly.  He's thrown just 5 more NFL passes than Morgan has since getting drafted.  He's 2-5 for 25 yards, 0 TDs and an INT.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They actual point is Joe Douglas trusted his coaches, dumped the guy he picked Morgan and kept Mike ********* White!! That’s the rub here. 

yep, and nobody will give him or Saleh credit for that.

im sure nobody knew he would throw for 400 yds but he is obviously good enough to be a backup.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

yep, and nobody will give him or Saleh credit for that.

im sure nobody knew he would throw for 400 yds but he is obviously good enough to be a backup.

Yep.  All offseason Saleh said he was happy with the QB room.  Yet all offseason and for weeks into the regular season people b*tched about the team not having a vet backup as if it was the worst of our problems.  

I fully agree that neither Saleh nor Douglas knew that White was capable of in that Cincy game, otherwise I imagine the Flacco trade probably would not have happened.  But they knew enough to say White was at least capable as the QB2.  Good on them in an otherwise mostly rough season for both the GM and HC.

• Upvote 2