President of football ops would be a great idea….

ZachStepdad

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Woody thinks everything is fine. 

that, of course, is the problem 

he’s relatively young and healthy and not selling 

gotta just try to get some entertainment from the team that doesn’t involve fixing it or winning 

Woody is the reason Parcells doesn’t want anything to do with this team and he’s working with the damn browns…. A team he didn’t coach for which is sad lmao

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure I see the point of creating an extra position - Just another guy who Woody is going to hire . . . right? 

The idea would be to hire someone with a lot of football experience who could better vet the next GM/HC.  I don't hate it.

That said, if they do this, it will be Chad Pennington.  So, I do hate it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Weren’t we all complaining not to long ago about the reporting structure of this franchise Another layer of bureaucracy is not needed Stopping other teams from scoring is what needed at this time 

No amount of coaching is gonna make Guidry lockdown Stefon Diggs ever…. Diggs literally ran the same play 2 times in a row same formation for touchdowns last Sunday…. The player fukin suck Lmao…. Bring in mangini and help with personnel and improving players…. Guy drafted and built that oline from 09 and defense and drafted Revis and David Harris …. He knows how to build a team

26 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

The guy built the team for Rex to take it far …. He knows how to select players and build a team that’s hardcore facts…. He could help Joe out as a tandem

And Rex's Jets added Bart Scott, Leonhard, Shonn Green etc 

The idea that another layer to go through to build the team worked well when Coughlin went to Jax and Tanny went to Miami after Parcells went to Miami hasnt worked so well

[Mangini, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh in a conference room at the Combine, interviewing prospects.]

Douglas: Man, what a great interview that was. I love that prospect and I’m penciling him in at #3. 

Mangini: He just told us that he despises football and that he plans to retire in two years to start a combination cryptocurrency and marijuana dispensary.

Douglas: That’s nothing that Robert can’t fix!

Saleh: <looking at his phone> Hey, do you think I should go with subway tile in the shower or just stick with the traditional four-by-four with a few accent tiles mixed in?

• Haha 1