Quinnen Williams sack

AFJF

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Let’s see what draft haul JD gets for Q before jumping to conclusions 

I think Q might be here.

Saleh values all of the DL positions. Edge is the priority, of course, but Saleh’s defense is predicated on getting a big rush with the front 4. This defense only looks decent when the defensive line dominates and seems to be completely hopeless otherwise. It might make sense to have several big contracts on the DL. Depends what Q wants 

• Upvote 2

One of the keys with him is the amount of double teaming he gets. It cuts down on his numbers but just shows his effectiveness. In his rookie season when many fans were ripping him for bring a no factor in games other teams saw through this and offered packages for him in trade offers. The Jets turned them down. He’s a good player and also glad the Jets obtained his brother. Btw Macc takes a lot of flack but he also drafted another underrated but good defensive lineman in Leonard Williams. Another guy who didn’t get all of the big numbers with the Jets but played well and is respected throughout the NFL as a good player. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hes been playing better in the last few weeks after a pretty bad start.  The sacks he gets are less Geno Atkins, blow everything up and get to the qb fast style, and more like pursuit/cleanup sacks bc hes so fast for his size.  He’s gotten multiple coverage sacks off double teams this year for instance.

My biggest issue with him is that he tends to bite off misdirections and gets swallowed into run traps.   Thats led to some of those huge holes we’ve seen at times.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One of the keys with him is the amount of double teaming he gets. It cuts down on his numbers but just shows his effectiveness. In his rookie season when many fans were ripping him for bring a no factor in games other teams saw through this and offered packages for him in trade offers. The Jets turned them down. He’s a good player and also glad the Jets obtained his brother. Btw Macc takes a lot of flack but he also drafted another underrated but good defensive lineman in Leonard Williams. Another guy who didn’t get all of the big numbers with the Jets but played well and is respected throughout the NFL as a good player. 

That’s why the number 1 priority in the offseason is adding two (yes, two) edge rushers to this defense. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

He did a lot of very impressive things as a rookie that told you he'd be a very good player.  A few fans were upset because his stat line didn't show much.  Film showed quite a bit, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

We're gonna pay him so much for his two good plays per game. It's hilarious. 

Yea, this is the problem. Quinnen DOES make a good play here and there over the course of 4 quarters but for the most part, he's making almost no impact series after series. 

Seems like he is invisible on every big 3rd and long need a sack type play too.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We're gonna pay him so much for his two good plays per game. It's hilarious. 

Or we will Hear  how we never pay our best players. Can’t win. If he gets to double digit sacks for an interior lineman I guess that’s worth paying for? It’s just easier to not take these guys high. Always tough unless you find the next Aaron Donald and I’m pretty sure there is only one of those. A young JJ Watt as well but other than than those two not sure we see consistent game to game dominance from that position. I guess double digit sacks gets him paid. Leonard Williams comes to mind, I honestly don’t know, my head hurts. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or we will Herat  how we never pay our best players. Can’t win. If he gets to double digit sacks for an interior lineman I guess that’s worth paying for? It’s just easier to not take these guys high. Always tough unless you find the next Aaron Donald and I’m pretty sure there is only one of those. A young JJ Watt as well but other than than those two not sure we see consistent game to game dominance from that position. I guess double digit sacks gets him paid. Leonard Williams comes to mind, I honestly don’t know, my head hurts. 

We'll have no choice but to pay him. We have so few good players.

He needs to be more consistent. He has the talent but it's a red flag and it wouldn't surprise me if he's hated on here in a few years and seen as the overpaid low impact player. 

Sack numbers can fool people. Leonard Williams was far more consistent with pressure (which eventually told with sack numbers) and was better against the run. No one wanted to pay him.

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We'll have no choice but to pay him. We have so few good players.

He needs to be more consistent. He has the talent but it's a red flag and it wouldn't surprise me if he's hated on here in a few years and seen as the overpaid low impact player. 

Sack numbers can fool people. Leonard Williams was far more consistent with pressure (which eventually told with sack numbers) and was better against the run. No one wanted to pay him.

That’s the point with those guys honestly, so hard to really tell what exactly they do and myself included it’s the splash platys and stat sheet that is easier to look at to mostly draw the wrong conclusion. Or in mine and most cases the conclusion we want. I still would never takes an interior D lineman in the first round or at least in the first half of it ever again. 

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Cant really be underrated if you’re drafted in the 6 spot. Macc deserves little credit for Leo. 

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think Q might be here.

Saleh values all of the DL positions. Edge is the priority, of course, but Saleh’s defense is predicated on getting a big rush with the front 4. This defense only looks decent when the defensive line dominates and seems to be completely hopeless otherwise. It might make sense to have several big contracts on the DL. Depends what Q wants 

I read that and immediately thought, No, I think it depends on what Mrs. Q wants.

E0jtHS0WUAUtdfa.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

That’s why the number 1 priority in the offseason is adding two (yes, two) edge rushers to this defense. 

I'd say if you can get one (or two) sure. But we've drafted many with a high pick often and some of these guys were average to below average. For next year's draft since so many weaknesses go for the best available player and we have two high number ones thanks to Jamal and his team sucking this year. I'd like to draft a top rated tight end and make that position a bigger part of the offense like many other teams do. If we do a short passing offense (the standard now in the NFL) it will help Zach a lot. Hopefully he'll learn the short pass offense soon. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Yea, this is the problem. Quinnen DOES make a good play here and there over the course of 4 quarters but for the most part, he's making almost no impact series after series. 

Seems like he is invisible on every big 3rd and long need a sack type play too.

I think people expect too much from an interior defensive lineman.

Defensive Tackle Sack Leaders

Simmons 7.5

Hargrave 7.5

Jones 6.5

Donald 6

Quinnen 6 

He is an elite DT. You just don't get as many flashy plays from guys in the middle. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'd say if you can get one (or two) sure. But we've drafted many with a high pick often and some of these guys were average to below average. For next year's draft since so many weaknesses go for the best available player and we have two high number ones thanks to Jamal and his team sucking this year. I'd like to draft a top rated tight end and make that position a bigger part of the offense like many other teams do. If we do a short passing offense (the standard now in the NFL) it will help Zach a lot. Hopefully he'll learn the short pass offense soon. 

I’m down for a tight end for sure.

we haven’t used a top ten pick on edge since Vernon Gholston though. It’s time! 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

New York Jets Defense -

31st in yards per game against

29th in passing yards against

27th in run yards against

32nd in points against per game

Yeah guys like Quinnen and JFM are shutting em down.

There are 11 players on the field. Hard for two interior linemen to get you a top ranking by themselves. Add two edge, a couple of linebackers, and another safety, and I think we could have the core of a good defense 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There are 11 players on the field. Hard for two interior linemen to get you a top ranking by themselves. Add two edge, a couple of linebackers, and another safety, and I think we could have the core of a good defense 

So this 100% proves beyond a doubt that Dt and Dline in general unless you are a great edge rusher is very low priority on a team and you should not be drafting them high.