Mims fanboys

kmnj

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Look, none of us know as much as we think we do.  It’s hard to predict the type of non-physical issues that plague Mims.

These victory lap threads are the absolute dumbest things around. You should feel more stupid for starting a thread like this than anyone who thought Mims would pan out.

I disagree totally, victory lap threads are good and valid.  Why?  Because when some people said the guy stinks early they received no 2uater from the Mims fans.  Now because we know for sure he is a awful people just want to be quiet and let it fade into the background?

Nope.  We all have opinions and most of use are pretty forthright with our judgements, we are right or we are wrong so if we can crow about hitting on something we should eat it when we don't.

• Post of the Week 1

Had hoped Mims would convert his prodigious athletic talents (he’s an elite athlete among elite athletes) into performance but he is looking like a dog (not dawg).

That’s what I get for being somewhat optimistic about a Jet!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, August said:

Based on those penalties? While they were awful it didn’t warrant a complete benching. Everybody else can have moments of bad play and they’re not punished like this. 

The first penalty would have negated a TD; the second was a basic mental error - even I spotted it was going to get called before the flag came out, that's how simple it was. 

Last week he negated a good run (17 yards or so) with another penalty, and appeared to cost us a timeout due to lining up in the wrong spot.

You can maybe get away with that if you're making plays ... but he's not. He had a great chance to step up today and show what he could do - and cost us significant yardage on a potential scoring drive before half time. We were lucky to come away with a FG.

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since 1990, here are the offensive skill position players (no OL) we've drafted in the 2nd round.  Other than Elijah Moore, and LaMont Jordan, this list is putrid

2021: Elijah Moore

2020: Denzel Mims

2016: Christian Hackenberg

2015: Devin Smith

2014: Jace Amaro

2013: Geno Smith

2012: Stephen Hill

2006: Kellen Clemens

2001: LaMont Jordan

1996: Alex Van Dyke

1991: Browning Nagle

1990: Reggie Rembert

sad list.  realistically the 6 of the 7 players picked on that list in the last decade could easily still be on the team had they worked out. hopefully moore doesn't have the sophomore jinx that mims and smith and hill suffered.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I disagree totally, victory lap threads are good and valid.  Why?  Because when some people said the guy stinks early they received no 2uater from the Mims fans.  Now because we know for sure he is a awful people just want to be quiet and let it fade into the background?

Nope.  We all have opinions and most of use are pretty forthright with our judgements, we are right or we are wrong so if we can crow about hitting on something we should eat it when we don't.

Yeah that’s all well and good but the vast majority of people aren’t right based of knowledge and keen insight.  

If I am taking a test, multiple choice and don’t really know the answer but just take a blind guess and happen to be right, is that something to brag about?

Id have less issue with things like this if I saw a lot of the threads being started when they were wrong.  That never happens.  Those are the takes that fade into oblivion.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think I feel more disappointed than stupid. My point was from the beginning I wanted to see if he was any better than the receivers that were playing and failing. He wasn’t, he is way worse than I could imagine. I was just like wut? Today! I thought the coaching staff was exaggerating at how bad he understood the offense, haha, uhhh, just damn. 

I’m happy something brings you joy, no surprise it’s that particular gif. 

Truth is I wanted to see what he could do. Turns out to be nothing more than making a bad team worse. Honestly homeboy, could not imagine he was that bad. 

Honestly I think  your exaggerating that a bit. Felt like it was more me wanting to see what he could do and turns out to be nothing. But go ahead, have fun. I wouldn’t want to be the one to stifle anyones creativity. Now would I? 

Oh stop it, please.  You know I'm just using some humor to assuage the disappointment from another embarrassing loss, missed QB pick, and double digit season.  No serious harm meant.  You're still my cutie.

Who knows?   Maybe Mims just hasn't yet found his place in this world.  For all we know, he enters the Digambara sect of Jainism.  Or saves a busload of kids during a raging flood.  

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t understand this thread. 

I wouldn’t say I was/am a Mims “fanboy” but we drafted a 6-3 215 speedster. At a position of need. 

So I rooted for him. He’s a Jet after all. 

Why should anyone feel “stupid” rooting for a high 2nd round WR?

Does this make people feel good? Should we not root for our players? Our high draft picks?

Don’t get it. 

Such a good post 

unfortunately, nobody hates the jets more than jets fans. The years of losing has filled this fanbase with rage that very few other fanbases can appreciate 

13 hours ago, kmnj said:

Just how stupid do u feel now ?  Do we still need to give him time ? Is it still trolling to say he would be the second coming of Steph Hilll ? 

Joe D fanboys you are the next domino to fall

so sad this is what the jets are and even worse folks bought into the mims hype and joes plan

so aggressive.....

45 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Oh stop it, please.  You know I'm just using some humor to assuage the disappointment from another embarrassing loss, missed QB pick, and double digit season.  No serious harm meant.  You're still my cutie.

Who knows?   Maybe Mims just hasn't yet found his place in this world.  For all we know, he enters the Digambara sect of Jainism.  Or saves a busload of kids during a raging flood.  

My go to is misplaced hostility for losses. I’ve literally quit modding  after last three losses. Haha 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kmnj said:

Just how stupid do u feel now ?  Do we still need to give him time ? Is it still trolling to say he would be the second coming of Steph Hilll ? 

so sad this is what the jets are and even worse folks bought into the mims hype and joes plan

Me sad and feel stupid.  Tell me about the rabbits.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Had hoped Mims would convert his prodigious athletic talents (he’s an elite athlete among elite athletes) into performance but he is looking like a dog (not dawg).

That’s what I get for being somewhat optimistic about a Jet!

This stuff is all 505/50 (but somehow always losing for the Jets)

I was bullish on both Mims and Moore. I pounded the table for both on draft day. One is awesome when he plays, the other looks like a huge bust right now.

Nobody knows anything but the smart money is on the Jets always picking the wrong guy or having him flash for half a season only to get hurt

Mims had elite testing numbers coming out, pretty good film, seemed to be a hard worker. I have no clue what happened to this kid, but I think he needs a change of scenery. He just appears clueless on the field at times. I’m not even that concerned about the lack of separation because he’s big enough to make contested catches. It’s just not happening for him.

I don’t think he was as good as some people thought he was last year, and I don’t think he is as bad as he has looked in very limited time this year.

Personally, I don’t think he understands the offense, lost all his confidence and is overthinking it.  At this point, he needs a change in scenery to have any chance.  

13 hours ago, Hex said:

On the bright side, it's now obvious why Mims was inactive for so long 

It was pretty obvious in training camp when they were reporting that Mims constantly was lining up wrong.  Then in September when Mims not playing became "a thing" the coaching staff told everyone he doesn't get playing time because he doesn't know what he's doing out there.

Yesterday was a prime example.  Down 10-3 late in the 2nd, first and 10 at the NO 24.  Flag for illegal hands to the face...ok...that happens.  Usually doesn't happen when a WR is running downfield on a pass route and if I recall correctly, I thought it was a little ticky tack on replay, but RIGHT after that flag he lined up incorrectly getting another flag for illegal formation.

Basic basic stuff.  I remember a game early in the season where the Jets were driving and Zach was forced to call a TO because Mims didn't know where he was supposed to line up.  He's been doing this all season, it shouldn't be a surprise to everyone.

I said this back in September.  You can't put players on the field if they don't know what they're supposed to be doing out there.

• Upvote 4

Just now, maury77 said:

Slim, I think after 10 years of pathetic Jets football, you can treat yourself to a backup team. You've earned it. 

I've honestly tried. 

The problem is that I have an intense hatred for every other team in the league. (Only a sports hatred, of course)

I hate other teams so much that I spend my non-Jets fandom rooting for other teams to collapse and implode. Losing streaks, missing the playoffs, blown leads, coaches getting fired, etc. That's what I want to see from other teams. Misery loves company. 

13 hours ago, kmnj said:

There is absolutely no reason to call out fans for rooting for the Jets. 

I am old enough to remember when the fan base wasn't fractured because everyone is a draft expert.  

Threads like this though, not cool. No reason for this.

• Upvote 2