Mims fanboys

kmnj

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Just how stupid do u feel now ?  Do we still need to give him time ? Is it still trolling to say he would be the second coming of Steph Hilll ? 

Joe D fanboys you are the next domino to fall

so sad this is what the jets are and even worse folks bought into the mims hype and joes plan

You realize you're talking to @The Crusher right?

• Haha 3

I was a Mims fan.  Was.  Past tense.  Loved he pick at the time.  I was defending him in the offseason and start to this season.  But at some point during the season, I came to realize I was wrong.  It is not happening for him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Hex said:

On the bright side, it's now obvious why Mims was inactive for so long 

Based on those penalties? While they were awful it didn’t warrant a complete benching. Everybody else can have moments of bad play and they’re not punished like this. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hopefully it's #FREEDEZEL from the Jets, he's a waste of space

I've used this before.   But the late great comedian George Gobel may have characterized a person like Mims best when he said, "Did you ever feel as if the whole world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Just how stupid do u feel now ?  Do we still need to give him time ? Is it still trolling to say he would be the second coming of Steph Hilll ? 

so sad this is what the jets are and even worse folks bought into the mims hype and joes plan

I'm still hopeful that JD can turn this around but I think we all knew the success or failure of Zach would be the single most important piece of that.  And so far the outlook is bleak.  It's funny though because I still believe in Trevor Lawrence and he's been terrible too.  But I'd still feel a lot better if he were our QB.  It will be interesting in 2 weeks when we play each other.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, August said:

Based on those penalties? While they were awful it didn’t warrant a complete benching. Everybody else can have moments of bad play and they’re not punished like this. 

Every time he's come in he's been bad. This wasn't a one-off

• Upvote 2

This fanbase is so desperate that it falls in love with people and they have a hard time letting go....Mims, Joe Douglas, Zach Wilson...I thought it couldn't get worse after Adam Gase but this is truly the most hilarious time in Jets history because of the hero worship of  these people by the fans....thankfully all of this is being documented or people would never believe this sh*t. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Yay,  you were faster to call Mims a bust than some others.  Do you feel better about yourself now? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I don’t understand this thread. 

I wouldn’t say I was/am a Mims “fanboy” but we drafted a 6-3 215 speedster. At a position of need. 

So I rooted for him. He’s a Jet after all. 

Why should anyone feel “stupid” rooting for a high 2nd round WR?

Does this make people feel good? Should we not root for our players? Our high draft picks?

Don’t get it. 

Since 1990, here are the offensive skill position players (no OL) we've drafted in the 2nd round.  Other than Elijah Moore, and LaMont Jordan, this list is putrid

2021: Elijah Moore

2020: Denzel Mims

2016: Christian Hackenberg

2015: Devin Smith

2014: Jace Amaro

2013: Geno Smith

2012: Stephen Hill

2006: Kellen Clemens

2001: LaMont Jordan

1996: Alex Van Dyke

1991: Browning Nagle

1990: Reggie Rembert

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I think I feel more disappointed than stupid. My point was from the beginning I wanted to see if he was any better than the receivers that were playing and failing. He wasn’t, he is way worse than I could imagine. I was just like wut? Today! I thought the coaching staff was exaggerating at how bad he understood the offense, haha, uhhh, just damn. 

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This is for Mims and all the folks he conned:

monophy.gif

I’m happy something brings you joy, no surprise it’s that particular gif. 

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

You realize you're talking to @The Crusher right?

Truth is I wanted to see what he could do. Turns out to be nothing more than making a bad team worse. Honestly homeboy, could not imagine he was that bad. 

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

@The Crusher should face immediate expulsion for his undying (what some would characterize as pathological) support of Mims. As an alternative, kitchen duties in The Gallows with DWC and Nico for one year.

Honestly I think  your exaggerating that a bit. Felt like it was more me wanting to see what he could do and turns out to be nothing. But go ahead, have fun. I wouldn’t want to be the one to stifle anyones creativity. Now would I? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since 1990, here are the offensive skill position players (no OL) we've drafted in the 2nd round.  Other than Elijah Moore, and LaMont Jordan, this list is putrid

2021: Elijah Moore

2020: Denzel Mims

2016: Christian Hackenberg

2015: Devin Smith

2014: Jace Amaro

2013: Geno Smith

2012: Stephen Hill

2006: Kellen Clemens

2001: LaMont Jordan

1996: Alex Van Dyke

1991: Browning Nagle

1990: Reggie Rembert

Why are you quoting me. 

That list has nothing to do with my post. 

28 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Was never a Mims fanboy but the “JD Domino” cannot and will not fall until this upcoming draft is dealt with.  JD is solely responsible for the capital we are currently sitting on, and while it has been a mixed bag so far, it can easily be remedied with in the next FA and draft.

You can grade a player in a year or two. GM takes a bit longer.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Not sure why people here like to be right about our players/coaches/front office failing?

Predicting they suck isn’t earth shattering or even going out on a limb.

I prefer to hope they succeed.

Yeah. It’s called being a fan. 

I don’t get these “call out” threads.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was a Mims fan.  Was.  Past tense.  Loved he pick at the time.  I was defending him in the offseason and start to this season.  But at some point during the season, I came to realize I was wrong.  It is not happening for him. 

Why do I get the feeling you could make a template of this post and insert a bunch of other players and the gm and coach and post this for the next couple years.

35 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Didn’t see the game.

What did Mims do today to bring your spirits so high?

Basically Mims is mad that he couldn't be a Diva and that Pro Football is a job and it's actually work.

Lol.. I guess he thought it was all about Bentleys and jewelry and tattoos and making it rain!? Well sorry son but you have to learn the playbook first... and how to catch the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Those 2 penalties were a big deal when the Jets were still in the game. All along we heard in practice he was making numerous basic mistakes and wasn’t running his routes correctly. On the other hand he can get open and make big plays. The CS decided to work with him but his liabilities outweighed any productivity he offered. I’m glad they benched him any good coaching staff can’t allow those type of mental errors. Let’s see if he sticks this off season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Mims needs to return to Baylor, get his degree and re-enter the draft.