****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

If Zach plays well the hyperbole on this site is gonna be insane. But this feels like a bloodbath 

I kinda think it’s not going to be as bad as people think.  Miami has a lot of players out.   Jets get the running game going and I think Zach hits a few plays downfield.   Carter will have a nice receiving day as well. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Took the Fish -9.5

I think this has the potential to be Zach's worst performances of the year.

Just landed in Vegas. Don’t want to bet against the Jets, but since they have ruined basically every Sunday for a decade I might as well make some money today. Miami -9.5 looks to be a lock. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We’re not playing the72’ dolphins here folks.

If the defence can stop imitating Swiss cheese, it should be a close game… IF.

It's less that the Dolphins are that good, more that 1) the Jets are that bad and 2) I think they matchup well against us.

A blitz heavy confusing attack will feast on Zach's soft psyche and that soft shell cover 3 we play feels like the type of defense Tua can dink and dunk on for like 90% completion.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's less that the Dolphins are that good, more that 1) the Jets are that bad and 2) I think they matchup well against us.

A blitz heavy confusing attack will feast on Zach's soft psyche and that soft shell cover 3 we play feels like the type of defense Tua can dink and dunk on for like 90% completion.

Granted. But their offence is putrid and low scoring too. It’s up our D to keep it close.

15 minutes ago, faba said:

Can the defense  stop anyone?

Wilson can he show better mechanics in his throws improve accuracy. Can these receivers help out by getting open and not drop passes

1. Likely not

2. Reasonable goal but not likely 

3. The open part is possible but drops and accuracy are so closely related so see #2.

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If Zach plays well the hyperbole on this site is gonna be insane. But this feels like a bloodbath 

He won’t. He’ll look lost, hold the ball too long, scramble and run out of bounds behind the line, throw multiple picks, and be very inaccurate most of the day. Why? Because he stinks. He will always stink and was a bad pick. Full disclosure….. I wanted the Jets to draft him. I was dead wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gibby said:

He won’t. He look lost, hold the ball too long, scramble and run out of bounds behind the line, throw multiple picks, and be very inaccurate most of the day. Why? Because he stinks. He will always stink and was a bad pick. Full disclosure….. I wanted the Jets to draft him. I was dead wrong.

I can understand of being super skeptical about the kid at this stage.  But come on man.... this is a bit too much.  He could definitely turn a corner at some point, it's too early to say "He will always stink".

51 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ooooo, that sounds nice. I’ve taught myself to take my biggest bites during  the Jets worse plays so my eyes are closed. I eat a lot during games. 

Oh. You stress eat. Lol. 

And now it’s just depression/disinterest eati

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I can understand of being super skeptical about the kid at this stage.  But come on man.... this is a bit too much.  He could definitely turn a corner at some point, it's too early to say "He will always stink".

Conventional wisdom would tell you you’re correct. However I feel personally it is now a mental thing with him. Physical ability? Yep! He’s got that. But we both know it takes a lot more than physical ability to play the position. I hope I’m wrong. I’ve coached the sport ( as an offensive coordinator) for a decade- albeit not at this level, it is extremely difficult to coach out and “ exercise mental demons”. I’d love to see it, but seriously think it’s over all ready.

I've been pretty outspoken about my support of Zach and not getting too in to the negative stats and wonky throws.  It's wearing thin on my soul.
27-17 phins
Zach 19/43 165 yards 1TD 1INT 1 Lost fumble
My question, what's the +/- for bad throws that Zach makes where we just shake our heads and wonder how this kid can be an NFL qb?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think Jet games are pretty simple to break down this year.

The opponent is going to put up 30 points.The Jets are going to struggle to score until garbage time. Those are the two givens.

Then I look at the team they’re playing. Miami’s defense is very opportunistic and causes a lot of turnovers. Zach has no idea where the ball is going, so I give Miami more than 30 today.

Both teams will be missing players, but this hurts us more, since we have expansion level roster even when healthy. + for Miami.

Miami is rolling, we are Jetting, so I might be overly optimistic giving us 13 points here. I hate being a downer on game day though.

Taking all that into account, I think Miami by 24 is spot on. I could see Wilson throwing a few more passes for a few more yards and with a lower completion % though.

I try to be positive  and say what needs to happen for us to win.  4 things (in descending order of probability):

1. O line provides great protection ( probably)

2. Run game carries the weight (possibly)

3. D learns how to stop the screen (don't make me laugh)

4. The needs to play down to Zack's level (could happen, just never know)

We'll know after the first 5 min of Q1.  

34-17 Fish

11 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’d be nice to see the kid throw the ball deep. Show off the arm. 

Agreed you set up big pass plays after successful drives and try to change the deep coverage. I would like to see about two deep patterns today and if successful that could soften the coverage on short passes and running plays. 

18 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

My question, what's the +/- for bad throws that Zach makes where we just shake our heads and wonder how this kid can be an NFL qb?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

This really is the question more so than overall numbers.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Saleh also said he didn’t want Wilson to face Miami’s blitzes.

The Dolphins.  With their # 26 ranked D at the time.

We saw it in the Houston game where his knee was very obviously not 100% and it was actually bothering him "giving out" on some plays.  You think he should have came back a week earlier and was only held out because of Miami's defense?  If anything he was thrust in to action because of the Covid mess a week too soon.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Agreed you set up big pass plays after successful drives and try to change the deep coverage. I would like to see about two deep patterns today and if successful that could soften the coverage on short passes and running plays. 

At this point, we’re a 3 win team, what the hell do we have to lose?throw it deep