***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***

BB got owned today, first time in playoff history for a team to give up 7TDs in the first 7 possessions.. fans should be calling for his head. 

This game makes me feel so much better about Zach, even if he busts and we suck another 10 years his potential is right there with Josh Allen and I’d rather root for his potential than be stuck with mediocre Mac, the noodle armed 1 read dweeb.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

LOL - news guys talking about the smack down, but they are not pessimistic about the future - Pats will come back better and stronger next year; Mac Jones will have a full year behind him...

Of course, now that there is tape on him - teams will realize that they need to take away the run and short passing game, get a lead, and they can't catch up - yep - very optimistic about watching them loose more next year :-)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought it was more the Patriots D that couldn’t handle the Bills who had great games from Allen and their offense more so than their offense. Jones was ok not terrible. 

You’re right. Jones wasn’t the problem for the Pats tonight. In fact he was one of their only players who showed up tonight.

You can’t take the guys busting on Jones seriously. They’re just trying to convince themselves somehow he’s as bad as Zach.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re right. Jones wasn’t the problem for the Pats tonight. In fact he was one of their only players who showed up tonight.

You can’t take the guys busting on Jones seriously. They’re just trying to convince themselves somehow he’s as bad as Zach.

Yes he was. He threw 2 interceptions when this still was a game.  And he couldn’t move the ball when the defense needed a break in the first half. He was only effective in total garbage time.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Patriots are going to have to fire Bill if they want a chance at competing in this division over the next decade, he just doesn’t have the coaching chops to get this team over the hump, they’ll always play 2nd fiddle to Buffalo with him at the helm.

I dont think there's any other coach in the nfl that gets the Pats to the playoffs this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate to break it to you, but the rest of the nation calls him the same thing.

Yep - he is great when his D crushes the other teams and he has his running game; his numbers against good defense aren't that good. His floor is higher, but his ceiling is pretty damn close to his floor. we will see how he does next year.

But, yes, the strength of the Pats is supposed to be the OL, running game and D - and none of them really showed up today. The D completely let them down, which is also enjoyable as it is supposedly BB's speciality.

But Mac Jones is a game manager; put him on the Jets and he would have been worse than ZW. Put him on the Jags and he is worse than Trevor (or maybe not :-) ) Put him on row Pats and surround him with talent and he will be okay, but no a Josh Allen, ever.

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yes he was. He threw 2 interceptions when this still was a game.  And he couldn’t move the ball when the defense needed a break in the first half. He was only effective in total garbage time.

If you think it was Jones rather than the Pats defense that lost this game, I can’t help you.

Just now, Ghost420 said:

I dont think there's any other coach in the nfl that gets the Pats to the playoffs this year.

This is now back to back games against Buffalo where they failed to force a single punt.. this is after spending a billion in FA and upgrading the defense. BB as the HC/GM will continue to get owned by Allen and the Bills and soon also by Zach and the Jets. If they don’t get a culture change they’ll soon find themselves living at the pits of afc East in obscurity.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep - he is great when his D crushes the other teams and he has his running game; his numbers against good defense aren't that good. His floor is higher, but his ceiling is pretty damn close to his floor. we will see how he does next year.

But, yes, the strength of the Pats is supposed to be the OL, running game and D - and none of them really showed up today. The D completely let them down, which is also enjoyable as it is supposedly BB's speciality.

But Mac Jones is a game manager; put him on the Jets and he would have been worse than ZW. Put him on the Jags and he is worse than Trevor (or maybe not :-) ) Put him on row Pats and surround him with talent and he will be okay, but no a Josh Allen, ever.

It would be almost impossible for someone to be worse than Wilson was on the Jets this year, but what the hell, have fun bashing Jones.
We’re all happy to see the Pats get crushed.

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He has a pop gun arm. Will never be more than a decent game manager. 

3 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

This is now back to back games against Buffalo where they failed to force a single punt.. this is after spending a billion in FA and upgrading the defense. BB as the HC/GM will continue to get owned by Allen and the Bills and soon also by Zach and the Jets. If they don’t get a culture change they’ll soon find themselves living at the pits of afc East in obscurity.

???? Maybe wait until we don’t sh*t our pants every time we play them before talking trash?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If you think it was Jones rather than the Pats defense that lost this game, I can’t help you.

I don't think that is what he is saying; obviously the Pats D lost this game - even if Mac Jones had a good/great game they could not catch them, but he did not have a good game. What is his QBR? This board has gone bananas over the fact that ZW padded his stats and the end of the game with meaningless scores - well, what is his QBR if you only look at the first 3 quarters?

The D lost the game, but Mac Jones didn't elevate anyone.

Hard to believe Jets at Bills last week was a better game than tonight. Our game last Sunday was 13-10 entering the 4th quarter. Hindsight being 20/20 the biggest red flag for the Patriots was that loss last week  to a fraud Dolphins team who just got smoked the week before by a solid football team in the Titans after the Dolphins fattened up on bad football teams during that win streak that almost saved Brian Flores job. Yes the Patriots had a good year with their rookie quarterback Mac Jones but damn did it ever finish with a couple stinkers on the road vs two divisional opponents.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I don't think that is what he is saying; obviously the Pats D lost this game - even if Mac Jones had a good/great game they could not catch them, but he did not have a good game. What is his QBR? This board has gone bananas over the fact that ZW padded his stats and the end of the game with meaningless scores - well, what is his QBR if you only look at the first 3 quarters?

The D lost the game, but Mac Jones didn't elevate anyone.

So, you’re saying he looked as bad tonight as Wilson looked all year? 
i’m having a tough time being happy the Pats found a rookie QB good enough for them to make the playoffs. Game manager or not.

Meanwhile, we’ve got a guy we’re bending over backwards to convince ourselves our guy will be here in two years.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

???? Maybe wait until we don’t sh*t our pants every time we play them before talking trash?

Maybe we are just enjoying the irony of watch a team who is known for running up the score, who were walking around pounding their chests after hanging 50 on the hapless Jags, get spanked on national TV. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

i’m having a tough time being happy the Pats found a rookie QB good enough for them to make the playoffs. Game manager or not.

Meanwhile, we’ve got a guy we’re bending over backwards to convince ourselves our guy will be here in two years.

Mac Jones had a quality rookie season. He was statistically the best from his draft class with Davis Mills the runner up. With that said I am glad he got embarrassed tonight though. I hope it damages his psyche because I cannot handle the Patriots finding another good quarterback before the Jets do. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep; Zack may bust. Mac Jone will likely not Bust. But this Pats team got to the playoffs beating up on bad teams, Jets included.  Mac Jones having rookie moments at the end of the year just so happened to coincide with him playing against better teams. Houston blocked their own punt and the first Bills game was played in almost hurricane winds.  Pats loose either of those games and they are not in the playoffs. 

As far as looking as bad as Wilson looked all year, that is a bit hard to answer. Mac Jones certainly started the year better off. Wilson had no turn overs towards the end, Mac Jones not so much. Pats D, OL, and receivers considerably better than ZWs. ZW did better against this same buffalo defense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mac Jones had a quality rookie season. He was statistically the best from his draft class with Davis Mills the runner up. With that said I am glad he got embarrassed tonight though. I hope it damages his psyche because I cannot handle the Patriots finding another good quarterback before the Jets do. 

This is where I’m at, but I think we both know this movie always ends the same way… ?

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep; Zack may bust. Mac Jone will likely not Bust. But this Pats team got to the playoffs beating up on bad teams, Jets included.  Mac Jones having rookie moments at the end of the year just so happened to coincide with him playing against better teams. Houston blocked their own punt and the first Bills game was played in almost hurricane winds.  Pats loose either of those games and they are not in the playoffs. 

As far as looking as bad as Wilson looked all year, that is a bit hard to answer. Mac Jones certainly started the year better off. Wilson had no turn overs towards the end, Mac Jones not so much. Pats D, OL, and receivers considerably better than ZWs. ZW did better against this same buffalo defense.

Wilson got drafted higher than Jones because of his playmaking ability. He can do things that defenses can’t defend. Jones is a much better QB than Zach right now, but he doesn’t have that ability. 

21 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Good post. I agree with just about all of it.
I do think Jones hit a bit of a wall at the end of the year, but even with that, I can’t say I thought Wilson ever played as well as he did except for the Tampa game, weapons or not. Thank goodness for that one. It’s what I’m clinging to for next year.