***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***

Bengals-Raiders will be interesting, as the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991 (longest streak currently) and the Raiders haven't since 2003 (4th longest streak).

2 division rival games too, which is interesting

I think there were 2 last year too right?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Fell asleep during the night game and just seen the highlights. All the Chargers had to do was not let LV run for a 1st down on 3rd & long and LV was going to let the clock run out and tie which would have let them both in instead they let them bust through for 10+ yds and get into FG range and kick for the win eliminating them. That's a sick beat for them and insanely lucky for the Steelers. What a way to end the regular season.

I like that 9ers upset also. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers are a scary team, and I believe they will beat the Cowboys. That's my lock for an upset this coming Wild Card weekend, if you want to call it an upset because of the 49ers being the lower seed. 

I sure hope so.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

God i hope the bills smack the crap out of the pats, but i think the pats can win that one.

It won't be easy for the Rats in that game. Their run D was not great vs the Fins and DL Barmore was helped off the field with a knee injury in the 2nd half. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember the narrative that Jimmy Garoppolo is not a good quarterback?

It’s not a good narrative if you look at Kyle Shanahan’s record with and without him. It’s something crazy like 30-11 with him and 8-29 without him

• Upvote 1

Game #1...really interesting matchup. Think Bengals win, but don't cover. Raiders +5.5

Game#2..... Can they both lose? Wishful thinking, I know.  Allen has been bad the last few games, but can Mac Jones actually win a game if Buffalo stops the run?  When in doubt, take B.B +4. Pats win outright.

Raiders ml and the over parlay. I think burrow makes a few mistakes and Carr has one more in him.

should be a good close game.

still think there is a chance the eagles pull the upset.

finally betting the pats because I told jifopono I would which should guarantee a bills victory.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who's everyone betting on today?

Cincy -5.5 and NE + 5

I don't know if I have recency bias but I think the Pats just run the ball down Buffalos throat again in the bad weather and I think the Bengals get ahead early and sack Carr 10 times in a blowout.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, Beerfish said:

God i hope the bills smack the crap out of the pats, but i think the pats can win that one.

I think Jones gets completely exposed today and NE loses by 3 scores.

I think Jimmy G is injured before halftime and Prescott mounts 2nd half comeback against soft zone

Pitt might lose by 40

Eagles TB closer than people think. TB wins after getting some very favorable calls in the 4th quarter

Raiders and Cinci will be close but lots of mistakes

Arizona loses big and we start hearing rumbles about KK 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think Jones gets completely exposed today and NE loses by 3 scores.

I think Jimmy G is injured before halftime and Prescott mounts 2nd half comeback against soft zone

Pitt might lose by 40

Eagles TB closer than people think. TB wins after getting some very favorable calls in the 4th quarter

Raiders and Cinci will be close but lots of mistakes

Arizona loses big and we start hearing rumbles about KK 

You think the Rams fans are going to listen to Stafford's wife and not sell their tickets??

On 1/9/2022 at 11:53 PM, heymangold said:

Why are they doing a Monday night game / slightly unfair to the winner, no?

Also unfair to us viewers. Playoff weekends are a time to chill/relax, enjoy good food, good drinks, good energy, and an exciting atmosphere. There's nothing appealing about playoff Mondays...working all day on a dreaded low energy Monday then come home at night too exhasted and stressed to focus and get into an artificially hyped game on TV, especially knowing you have to get up early the next morning and do the B.S. all over again. I'm tired of the NFL messing with our traditions just to put a few more dollars in their overstuffed pockets. 

8 minutes ago, King P said:

Hmmm... why is that?

Because off all the hype around him. If the Patriots win it won't be because of Mac Jones so no one is focused on him. No one expected Carr to be here so he's kinda exceeded expectations. Burrow and the Bengals are still young and also exceeded expectations. Cowboy nation is gonna protect Dak and put the blame on McCarthy if Dallas loses. SF is probably moving off Jimmy G after the end of the season anyway so he's playing with house money. Mahomes already has a Super Bowl win and Brady has Super bowl wins falling out of his ass. And no one, not even Steeler fans, have any hope for Big Ben. Kyler Murray is hit or miss like the stock market. The only person you could argue over Allen is Stafford. But at lease one could argue and say if Stafford loses it's because this is his first year with the team and things will be much better next year. What defense does Josh Allen have if he loses at home to Mac Jones and the Pats?