Visual representation of 2022 Draft Capital/Cap space per team (Best positioned teams are all in the AFC)

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Well, that puts us in a fine group. The Eagles are the only team above the horizontal line to make the playoffs this year.

well ummm yeaaaah ,... those team above that line have lots of draft capital illustrating their suckage.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who can we get from New Orleans?  We have money and picks they seem to have neither.

Marcus Williams is a guy from the saints I’ve been looking at. He’s one of the better safeties in the league and he’s only 25. Doubt they’ll be able to re sign him. 

michael Thomas MIGHT be on the trade block for them as well 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Marcus Williams is a guy from the saints I’ve been looking at. He’s one of the better safeties in the league and he’s only 25. Doubt they’ll be able to re sign him. 

Yeah,  we ain't drafting any broke dick safety in round 1, like some SOJFS are suggesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Yeah,  we ain't drafting any broke dick safety on round 1, like some SOJFS are suggesting. 

Hey I wouldn’t  mind Hamilton at all in the first. He’s the only blue chip player in the entire draft. Can play single high and in the box. Williams is definitely good, but not Ed Reid or anything. Hamilton has the promise to be Ed Reid level 

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Hey I wouldn’t  mind Hamilton at all in the first. He’s the only blue chip player in the entire draft. Can play single high and in the box. Williams is definitely good, but not Ed Reid or anything. Hamilton has the promise to be Ed Reid level 

My guess is that both Hamilton and Linderbaum will be there at #4 but not at #10.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Agreed, Marcus Williams would be a great target.  The safety class is really solid with Williams and Bates being high level starters and both UFA along with Quadre Diggs. 

One other interesting player is Terrell Edmunds on the steelers.   6'1 217 and will be 25 years old in TC.  You dont hear much about him as far as making splash plays (career - 3 sacks and 5 ints) but maybe he is just overshadowed by guys like Watt, Devin Bush and Minkah.  He would be move of a rover/box safety for this defense and reading a quick write up of his time in pittsburgh (they didnt pick up his option) is that he has improved in the slot and vs the TE, and plays the run well but does miss tackles and is definitely not a deep centerfielder.

He likely is a 3 year $21 million type player so im just not sure thats worth the investment but could be someone who could improve in a different defense given his age. 

• Sympathy 1

One of thing things we should really be looking at is acquiring established players from cap strapped teams.

If there are good veterans we can get for 3rd or 4th round picks we should be all over it. Obviously you don't want to move your premium picks but we have a ton of rookies/young players. At some point we need to add established vets rather than tons of lottery picks.

Vikings could be in total rebuild mode. I'd look at Danielle Hunter and Adam Theilen. See what the Saints want for some of their defensive pieces or OL (I'd steer clear of Michael Thomas personally.) If Rogers leaves the Packers are there vets they're willing to unload as they rebuild around Jordan Love?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My guess is that both Hamilton and Linderbaum will be there at #4 but not at #10.  

Linderbaum probably will be. Centers get hyped up by fanbases every year and get mocked way higher than they go. The highest a center has gone in the past 30 years or so is 15. Even at 15 it’s an outlier because they usually go in the 20s or later. I believe there’s only been 1 center to go top 20 not including the very early years of the nfl 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Linderbaum probably will be. Centers get hyped up by fanbases every year and get mocked way higher than they go. The highest a center has gone in the past 30 years or so is 15. Even at 15 it’s an outlier because they usually go in the 20s or later. I believe there’s only been 1 center to go top 20 not including the very early years of the nfl 

You might be right.  But I think the Giants have a lot of holes on the OL that they're going to be looking to fill.  

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You might be right.  But I think the Giants have a lot of holes on the OL that they're going to be looking to fill.  

I can see them taking icky, cross, or neal if he falls instead of linderbaum. I don’t know what kind of system the giants will run, but linderbaum really only fits in an outside zone scheme because he’s so light and not the greatest in a phone booth like they try to make guys do in a gap or inside zone scheme. 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I can see them taking icky, cross, or neal if he falls instead of linderbaum. I don’t know what kind of system the giants will run, but linderbaum really only fits in an outside zone scheme because he’s so light and not the greatest in a phone booth like they try to make guys do in a gap or inside zone scheme. 

This is way above my head.  :)  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Agreed, Marcus Williams would be a great target.  The safety class is really solid with Williams and Bates being high level starters and both UFA along with Quadre Diggs. 

One other interesting player is Terrell Edmunds on the steelers.   6'1 217 and will be 25 years old in TC.  You dont hear much about him as far as making splash plays (career - 3 sacks and 5 ints) but maybe he is just overshadowed by guys like Watt, Devin Bush and Minkah.  He would be move of a rover/box safety for this defense and reading a quick write up of his time in pittsburgh (they didnt pick up his option) is that he has improved in the slot and vs the TE, and plays the run well but does miss tackles and is definitely not a deep centerfielder.

He likely is a 3 year $21 million type player so im just not sure thats worth the investment but could be someone who could improve in a different defense given his age. 

I haven’t looked much into edmunds. I’ll check him out, thanks!  If Davis can get his sh*t together he has the range to be a center fielder, but I don’t have much confidence in him 

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

ummmm - okay 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

true enough but it's still better to have the chance than have no chance.  hard to say how he could do so well in 2021 but then not so well in 2020.

Adam Gase was the alpha in Florham Park in 2020.  He hired Joe Douglas.  He ran that draft and got Joe to pick the players he wanted.

Dont judge Joe Douglas for Adam Gase's picks.

Joe is the alpha now.  And the draft he ran was a home run.  This class will be even better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1