It's Combine Week

section314

If Dean or Lloyd are falling to the end of the 1st round would not surprise me to see the jets try and trade up for one of them.

I think after today we will see the biggest shakeup in who the jets might draft.  One or more of these pass rushers will just tear it up at the combine and there will be two or three more pass rushers added to the #4 slot.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Dean or Lloyd are falling to the end of the 1st round would not surprise me to see the jets try and trade up for one of them.

I think after today we will see the biggest shakeup in who the jets might draft.  One or more of these pass rushers will just tear it up at the combine and there will be two or three more pass rushers added to the #4 slot.

I could see him as pick at #10, if and a big if, he's there.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not really huge on picking 1st round corners, and the Jets defense is so Zone based that usually you don't need elite man corners but after researching this guy I would not be too upset if we take him at 10. He looks like he could be really elite -size speed pretty sure tackler when needed and was so good he was essentially not targeted in college. Never gave up a touchdown. Turns his head, recovers easily when beat. Heck he might not even be there at 10.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Burks did not have a huge RAS score, but his flying 20 score was great and he's 225 so his 40 time is fine. His tape is excellent and he fits the Jets scheme really well.  That said his short area quickness seems poor so I do not think I take him at 10.

• Upvote 2

I'm loving the combine. Awesome checking out the prospects, surprises, underdogs etc. Weird I don't really follow college football but I love this time of year and I love the draft. Looking forward to the Jets upcoming season.

Does anybody else notice there's a different vibe? I wonder if the Pandemic made everybody a little more grateful for their opportunities? I'm sensing a lot more positivity and a lot less entitlement?

Wondering if some of these guys had a general feel that maybe this day would never come after all the years of hard work. I'm seeing some genuine happiness, and holy hell a lot of talent!

Lol even the talking heads seem to be really enjoying themselves and are openly talking about being hungover and everybody getting loaded all night. Good stuff Good vibes and Good times~

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Burks did not have a huge RAS score, but his flying 20 score was great and he's 225 so his 40 time is fine. His tape is excellent and he fits the Jets scheme really well.  That said his short area quickness seems poor so I do not think I take him at 10.

Yeah, I still like Burks. He would’ve been a more fun prospect if he blew up the 40 and vertical, but given he still needs development he’ll be a better risk/reward guy where he goes now than if he had awesome testing numbers. Plenty of good pros run mid 4.5’s. Wouldn’t be mad if he slips to the top of the second, and he’d be a reasonable target if the Jets move down from 10 - which I think has to be firmly on the table.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2022 at 2:46 PM, Beerfish said:

Do I think the player is bad?  No, not at all.  But to justify me picking a S that high (again) he better be D rookie of the year, then a pro bowler for 10 years in a row.

yup. You can find a serviceable to good safety in the mid rounds or in free agency for non-ruinous money. If you take one at 4 he needs to turn the ball over at a crazy rate. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

His 2 comps are AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel who were both taken top of round 2. I think I've cooled off on him at 10 as well, I was disappointed but that could change a bit at the Pro Day.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I am not really huge on picking 1st round corners, and the Jets defense is so Zone based that usually you don't need elite man corners but after researching this guy I would not be too upset if we take him at 10. He looks like he could be really elite -size speed pretty sure tackler when needed and was so good he was essentially not targeted in college. Never gave up a touchdown. Turns his head, recovers easily when beat. Heck he might not even be there at 10.

I know a lot of use have been saying Edge at 4 but don't be surprised if Sauce is the pick if Kayvon, Hutch, and Ekwonu come off the board. You then target Edge at 10 since it's such a deep class.

50 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

His 2 comps are AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel who were both taken top of round 2. I think I've cooled off on him at 10 as well, I was disappointed but that could change a bit at the Pro Day.

Those comps are about as intuitive as Berrios is to Julio Jones. No one who’s being paid to evaluate Burks is bringing up Deebos name. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Those comps are about as intuitive as Berrios is to Julio Jones. No one who’s being paid to evaluate Burks is bringing up Deebos name. 

Seem like very legit comparisons.  Even some of the highlights i;ve seen look deebo like.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Burks said he wants to mimic Samuel and be used all over the field. Perhaps he is totally off base about himself?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Jordan Davis is gonna skyrocket up the board. Dude is LEGIT on fin and now this??? emoji102.png

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Issue with Davis is he was a two down player for us.  How high do you take a guy who has only had about 100 3rd down snaps in his career.  Devonte Wyatt was generally the guy in rushing the passer on 3rd down.

• Upvote 1