It's Combine Week

section314

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If our oline was as weak as it was just a year or so ago i might be upset and the high end oline talk but now it might push other players down to us where we have a bigger need.

The only way Douglas can pull off going oline at 4 is if he has picks in line for Becton.

• WTF? 1

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Really? I think it's kinda gross

Overall group speed? I feel like backs are always slower than folks think in general so the better guys in the 4.4’s is a pleasant surprise. Kamara was 4.53, CMC 4.49. Guys usually don’t fly.

• Upvote 1

There’s a random short shuttle threshold at 4.47 seconds where offensive linemen have panned out pretty well. Wouldn’t make a big deal of it early but for day three guys it’s interesting. 

Looks like Abraham Lucas, Kellen Diesch, Zion Johnson, and Zach Tom hit it this year. Potentially interesting if they go the developmental route, and we know Johnson is pretty good. Tom is an interesting developmental center.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, section314 said:

100%.I went with family this past November to see ND at UVA.Other than my son,his wife all his in-laws went to UVA and are as nuts about UVA sports as we are the Jets. That game , the UVA QB Brennan Armstrong missed his 2 2nd straight game., and a true frost made his first start. ND knew  the TE was their best weapon, and took him completely out of the game. UVA could not move the ball. The folks down there compare him to Herman Moore, which is pretty high praise. These are people who live UVA sports. This kid is good.

He's gonna surprise some folks i think... Would LOVE a Cav TE on the Jets

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Overall group speed? I feel like backs are always slower than folks think in general so the better guys in the 4.4’s is a pleasant surprise. Kamara was 4.53, CMC 4.49. Guys usually don’t fly.

Maybe i'm just overly disenfranchised with this RB class... 

Not sure if it is my imagination but backs as a whole group seem to have way better hands than in the past. 

Shows how the game changes right from college and up and players skill sets change.

Edit!  I posted this before they started taking about it on tv!!!!! Copy cats!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Maybe i'm just overly disenfranchised with this RB class... 

I mean, being pleasantly surprised with how the class ran doesn’t mean I like the class. Just thought they ran pretty well today.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How Terry Bradway has seemingly escaped the ire of Jets fans for passing on Heath Miller and trading down for Doug Jolley and a f*cking kicker is beyond me.

Add on the DeWayne Robertson trade up, trading away Moss for a Coles reunion, etc…

This dick was every bit as bad, if not worse, than the Idzik’s and Maccagnan’s.

And no one seems to care…

Yea, I was barely in the game at point in my 20s, but I knew Terry was a lemon - ridiculous how long he held a desk job down after that. 

But back to Woods, Jesus Eff, the guy likes like a grown man snuck into a pop warner game. Its insane. It reminds of how Mike Williams looked at USC, galloping over corners like pilons.

just-look-at-it.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, I was barely in the game at point in my 20s, but I knew Terry was a lemon - ridiculous how long he held a desk job down after that. 

But back to Woods, Jesus Eff, the guy likes like a grown man snuck into a pop warner game. Its insane. It reminds of how Mike Williams used looked at USC, galloping over corners like pilons.

just-look-at-it.gif

USC Mike Williams... holy hell forgot all about that guy. was a beast

• Upvote 1

If somehow I wound up with a job in the JETS Front Office on Monday through some bizarre series of (un)fortunate events -- and the next thing you know the Jets selected Ruckert in the 2nd, Likely in the 4th and Woods in the 5th -- be honest, what does that thread look like on JN? haha how many speculative "Motherfcker... he got to them" posts would follow. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If somehow I wound up with a job in the JETS Front Office on Monday through some bizarre series of (un)fortunate events -- and the next thing you know the Jets selected Ruckert in the 2nd, Likely in the 4th and Woods in the 5th -- be honest, what does that thread look like on JN? haha how many speculative "Motherfcker... he got to them" posts would follow. 

if you got a job in JETS FO call me up... lol 

the thread would look like

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We need to draft two TEs, 3 might be an over kill.

Heck even if we draft two Te half the forum will be enraged that we drafted two TEs.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

But back to Woods, Jesus Eff, the guy likes like a grown man snuck into a pop warner game. Its insane. It reminds of how Mike Williams looked at USC, galloping over corners like pilons.

just-look-at-it.gif

Holy hell, how have I not heard about this guy? I don’t know about his blocking and he looks thin, but is there really a move tight end rated above this guy?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Holy hell, how have I not heard about this guy? I don’t know about his blocking and he looks thin, but is there really a move tight end rated above this guy?

6'7". I am not enough of a college football expert to pick the next tight end. But damn I want the guy to be no smaller than 6'7". Need a red zone beast.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

How Terry Bradway has seemingly escaped the ire of Jets fans for passing on Heath Miller and trading down for Doug Jolley and a f*cking kicker is beyond me.

Add on the DeWayne Robertson trade up, trading away Moss for a Coles reunion, etc…

This dick was every bit as bad, if not worse, than the Idzik’s and Maccagnan’s.

And no one seems to care…

I had the joy of watching the draft with @T0mShane. The site was launched three months or so before the draft so all I was thinking about at that point was server stuff.

The pick was made.

Tom's face, it was like nothing I have ever seen before.

I said Tom this is bad, right.

He was like it is so bad and he just laughed.  The laugh though was this same old Jets laugh, like he had no words. Just wow they screwed the pooch again.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I had the joy of watching the draft with @T0mShane. The site was launched three months or so before the draft so all I was thinking about at that point was server stuff.

The pick was made.

He was like it is so bad and he just laughed.  The laugh though was this same old Jets laugh, like he had no words. Just wow they screwed the pooch again.

The worst thing about Bradway is that even after being fired he had a significant voice in our drafting.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The pick was made.

What makes it all the worse is that this isn’t even hindsight talking.

We had just let Becht walk in FA, and say what you will about old stone hands, at least he was essentially a 6th OL on the field with his inline blocking ability.

But we had a major need at TE, most of the fanbase was clamoring for Heath, and then we pulled that silly ass trade a week before the draft.

We wound up with a sh*t TE who spent one year with us and got a few years out of a completely average placekicker. Meanwhile Heinz Field echoed to the rooftops with “HEAAAAATH” chants for over a decade.

Bradway was an incompetent slut and shouldn’t be lost to history just because Idzik and Maccagnan were maybe just as stupid.