Terry McLaurin- Another Potential Trade Target

Just now, PackerNation said:

Point taken on me saying: Stop with the dreams. I still wouldn't classify it as argumentative though.

On J-Love I disagree 100%. A GM's job is to sustain the success of the franchise. If Aaron gets hurt people would say: "Why doesn't Gute have a decent backup in place?"

J-Love is still a developing QB. Aaron sat for 3 years. The Packers don't draft QBs and throw them out there before they are ready and ruin them. It happens, as you know very well. 

J-Love will now be developing under Tom Clements, who Aaron credits for him becoming the QB he became. 

The Packers think very highly of J-Love, and that is why they have zero interest in trading him. Aaron and Jordan are very close and Aaron himself would tell you that he does not believe it was a mistake to draft "J-Lo" as Aaron calls him. 

The present and future is set at QB in Green Bay. A lot of teams wish they could say that.

In 2020, you lost in the NFCCG by 5 pts to the Bucs.  They had 5 sacks in that game.  You guys ran for a total of 67 yards.  Jordan Love did absolutely nothing to help the team in that game.  Now I can't know who they would have taken if not Love, but it's fair to wonder if that extra player might have made the difference. Just for giggles, could you imagine if they had taken Jonathan Taylor.  Or maybe a defensive player that made the difference in one score in that game?  All hypothetical but there were opportunities to improve the starting 22 they didn't take.

Drafting for the future is nice, but when you have Aaron Rodgers in his 30s, you could go all-in for a few more years.  I know Rodgers wasn't happy about it.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

In 2020, you lost in the NFCCG by 5 pts to the Bucs.  They had 5 sacks in that game.  You guys ran for a total of 67 yards.  Jordan Love did absolutely nothing to help the team in that game.  Now I can't know who they would have taken if not Love, but it's fair to wonder if that extra player might have made the difference. Just for giggles, could you imagine if they had taken Jonathan Taylor.  Or maybe a defensive player that made the difference in one score in that game?  All hypothetical but there were opportunities to improve the starting 22 they didn't take.

Drafting for the future is nice, but when you have Aaron Rodgers in his 30s, you could go all-in for a few more years.  I know Rodgers wasn't happy about it.

Aaron wasn't thrilled about it on draft night, that is true. But he now gets it. Aaron and Gute have a completely different relationship now. The national narrative is still somewhat that: "Aaron is upset with the Green Bay brass." Just not factual.

If I am going to cut on one of Gute's draft picks over the years it would be Jace Sternberger, who he took one spot ahead of Terry McLaurin. I remember that third round pick then and I still shake my head about today, as we discuss McLaurin in this thread.

4 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He is better than every receiver previously rumored to be available.

This is the rare 'overpay' situation. I'd give up the 10 pick, one of our day 2 picks and a massive contract.

Scary Terry is tha truth!

I agree, 100%

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you.

You can though get a quality WR that is better than any WR currently on the Jets roster. A WR that has had back to back thousand yard seasons while dealing with a train wreck of a franchise. 

The Jets can get Brandin Cooks for a second round pick. I am sure Joe Douglas is one of those who is on the phone with the Texans.

Screenshot_20220404-123258_(1).thumb.png.8b399489afdb5bb5e762f3e3eb5c98f2.png

I wouldn't mind Cooks honestly, and you will not need a 2nd. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you.

You can though get a quality WR that is better than any WR currently on the Jets roster. A WR that has had back to back thousand yard seasons while dealing with a train wreck of a franchise. 

The Jets can get Brandin Cooks for a second round pick. I am sure Joe Douglas is one of those who is on the phone with the Texans.

Screenshot_20220404-123258_(1).thumb.png.8b399489afdb5bb5e762f3e3eb5c98f2.png

You think we're trading the 4th and 10th for any of those WRs?

Sorry to break it to you, thats not happening

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Point taken on me saying: Stop with the dreams. I still wouldn't classify it as argumentative though.

On J-Love I disagree 100%. A GM's job is to sustain the success of the franchise. If Aaron gets hurt people would say: "Why doesn't Gute have a decent backup in place?"

J-Love is still a developing QB. Aaron sat for 3 years. The Packers don't draft QBs and throw them out there before they are ready and ruin them. It happens, as you know very well. 

J-Love will now be developing under Tom Clements, who Aaron credits for him becoming the QB he became. 

The Packers think very highly of J-Love, and that is why they have zero interest in trading him. Aaron and Jordan are very close and Aaron himself would tell you that he does not believe it was a mistake to draft "J-Lo" as Aaron calls him. 

The present and future is set at QB in Green Bay. A lot of teams wish they could say that.

No, a GMs job is to put the best players the field to win as many games as possible.  Unless hes rebuilding.

He absolutely should have gotten Rodgers the players to win before he retires, not to draft a QB that helps no one and given his play, never will

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I wouldn’t mind cooks only if we still went WR early (at 10 or trading back up in the first) 

If they went Cooks, I believe they would be targeting Williams in a possible trade back or at 10. Then you dont have to rush him back and they also don't have to extend Cooks if they don't want to. Similar players too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

apparently the packers and the chiefs are also looking at this guy.

Yes, two contenders are in search of quality WRs. This is why you are seeing so many rumors about all these WRs possibly being available for trade. 

It also is put out there by their agents to help in negotiations with their current team.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Aaron wasn't thrilled about it on draft night, that is true. But he now gets it. Aaron and Gute have a completely different relationship now. The national narrative is still somewhat that: "Aaron is upset with the Green Bay brass." Just not factual.

If I am going to cut on one of Gute's draft picks over the years it would be Jace Sternberger, who he took one spot ahead of Terry McLaurin. I remember that third round pick then and I still shake my head about today, as we discuss McLaurin in this thread.

Do you know Rodgers? Because the way you talk aboit it you would think so. Jordan love was an awful pick. Guy sucks. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, PackerNation said:

Rodgers seems to not get it and only gets it after his contract is redone and he gets paid a whole lot more money. 

So funny how that works

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Do you know Rodgers? Because the way you talk aboit it you would think so. Jordan love was an awful pick. Guy sucks. 

I will go with Brian Gutekunst and his positive thoughts on J-Love and his future over some random Jets fan that is jealous that the Jets don't have the QB room that the Packers do.

When I write about Aaron it comes from things he himself has said publicly. 

"Brian and I are very close. We have developed a close professional relationship and now a friendship"

Right after the playoff loss this past season:

"I think Brian put together a really nice team. A team that could have won a Super Bowl. And he deserves a lot of credit for some of the moves that were made. Disappointed that we couldn't put it together for him and the organization tonight."

Unfinished business. I hope you bet against the Packers this season.

Good luck with all that.

22 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I will go with Brian Gutekunst and his positive thoughts on J-Love and his future over some random Jets fan that is jealous that the Jets don't have the QB room that the Packers do.

"Brian and I are very close. We have developed a close professional relationship and now a friendship"

"I think Brian put together a really nice team. A team that could have won a Super Bowl.  And he deserves a lot of credit for some of the moves that were made. Disappointed that we couldn't put it together for him and the organization tonight."

Good luck with all that.

Huh?????

The packers and their QB are the biggest paper tigers of this generation ???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mrcoops said:

McLaurin is a terrific WR, and a great fit for our scheme. He would be an excellent acquisition.

I remember we were strongly linked to him the year he was drafted.

And then we picked a guy in the third round that practiced with us 4 times and then was cut. Now THAT is draft resource management at its finest!

53 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

"I think Brian put together a really nice team. A team that could have won a Super Bowl.  And he deserves a lot of credit for some of the moves that were made. Disappointed that we couldn't put it together for him and the organization tonight."

Good luck with all that.

Just curious.....what brought you to a Jet fansite?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Huh?????

The packers and their QB are the biggest paper tigers of this generation ???

I find you to be a "troll" and quite "argumentative."

You may "rub some people the wrong way with your opinion. Let it be known that this your opinion and not fact."

?

aaron-rodger-green-bay.gif.3e9dda98104017db4e64ffae5bb0e191.gif

1 minute ago, PackerNation said:

I find you to be a "troll" and quite "argumentative."

You may "rub some people the wrong way with your opinion. Let it be known that this your opinion and not fact."

?

aaron-rodger-green-bay.gif.3e9dda98104017db4e64ffae5bb0e191.gif

Okay ? 

Now tell me where I was wrong 

image.jpeg.49d26a1d34223163c6f4052b0ac998da.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just curious.....what brought you to a Jet fansite?

I've stated this numerous times, but I first came here during the Packers and Jets joint practices in Green Bay last summer. I also have great respect for Robert Saleh and Mike LaFleur. Got a chance to speak to both last summer in Green Bay. Couldn't have been more down to earth and high quality individuals.

I guess the Jets became kind of a little brother of the Packers and to me last summer. Might give my little brother some crap, but down deep I have all positive feelings.

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, I would not give up a 2nd for Cooks. There is like an $8m difference between Cooks and Coopers contracts. I'd offer a 4th for the Cooks rental.

I wanted Cooks so bad the year he came out and we drafted Pryor at S instead. Seems a great guy and his engine on the field is indisputable. 

That said, with the concussions, I worry about his longevity at this stage of his career and he's on his millionth team at this point. I wouldn't mind snagging him but would do so for a late pick rather than anything in first few rounds. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, I would not give up a 2nd for Cooks. There is like an $8m difference between Cooks and Coopers contracts. I'd offer a 4th for the Cooks rental.

That’s about what I’d offer, too. He’s 29 years old, and has $13.7M coming in the last year of his current deal, so I’d want to get a reasonable extension done with him before pulling the trigger. 

Jets would still need to find a bigger receiver in the draft, but that would improve the WR room for sure. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SR24 said:

DK

AJ

Terry

Cooks

thsts my preference if we end up trading for a WR 

Pretyy much agree. Set aside contract (they're all going to want major $$$ eventually) and cost (they will cost close to the same in a trade)...I want the MONSTER DK, then AJ, then Terry (who is a smaller WR and similar to what Moore does), followed by Cooks- who is a 2nd tier WR and should probably be in a different category- he will actually cost less and demand a considerably smaller contract. 

50 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I've stated this numerous times, but I first came here during the Packers and Jets joint practices in Green Bay last summer. I also have great respect for Robert Saleh and Mike LaFleur. Got a chance to speak to both last summer in Green Bay. Couldn't have been more down to earth and high quality individuals.

I guess the Jets became kind of a little brother of the Packers and to me last summer. Might give my little brother some crap, but down deep I have all positive feelings.

So basically because the jet coaching staff are all warm and fuzzy with the packer coaching staff you choose to jump on the bandwagon too? Lmaoo 

You shook the ball heads hand and that told that he was a “down to earth and high quality individual” .

Amazing ? 

just admit you are here to be pleasured from our misery and be done with it, stop faking the funk 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

So basically because the jet coaching staff are all warm and fuzzy with the packer coaching staff you choose to jump on the bandwagon too? Lmaoo 

You shook the ball heads hand and that told that he was a “down to earth and high quality individual” .

Amazing ? 

just admit you are here to be pleasured from our misery and be done with it, stop faking the funk 

Actually broke bread with them. I won't advertise the restaurant here, but it is in Suamico, WI. Great conversation. I can't confirm or deny that Matt LaFleur was in our dinner party as well.

We are done here. You have received enough of my attention from your trolls. The mods frown on threads being taken over by this type interaction.

I wish you the best.

17 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Actually broke bread with them. I won't advertise the restaurant here, but it is in Suamico, WI. Great conversation. I can't confirm or deny that Matt LaFleur was in our dinner party as well.

We are done here. You have received enough of my attention from your trolls. The mods frown on threads being taken over by this type interaction.

I wish you the best.

Trolls? dude we are on a NYJ football site and that’s all I’m speaking on, no personal attacks from me to you.

Im quite sure if I went on a packer forum with my JetNation screen name and my half hearted packer love , it will go over well with the all funky cheese there. 

But whatever my guy, cry me a river. Goodbye