Terry McLaurin- Another Potential Trade Target

There are reports circulating this morning that McLaurin could be available. Rivera has flatly denied, but most teams usually do. 

I know he isn't a big name like Brown or Metcalf, but I think he is just as good. I would rank him between Brown and Metcalf. He is an elite route runner  and if he played with Russell Wilson, his numbers would be at least as good as Metcalf imo. 

And for those worried about Zach Wilson being good enough, McLaurin has proven that he can be super productive with awful QBs.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are reports circulating this morning that McLaurin could be available. Rivera has flatly denied, but most teams usually do. 

I know he isn't a big name like Brown or Metcalf, but I think he is just as good. I would rank him between Brown and Metcalf. He is an elite route runner  and if he played with Russell Wilson, his numbers would be at least as good as Metcalf imo. 

And for those worried about Zach Wilson being good enough, McLaurin has proven that he can be super productive with awful QBs.  

Id move him to the head of the list. Pronto

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

What's that you want to move from 11 to 4, sure send us Mclaurin and get your QB of the future, because we both know Wentz isn't the answer.

If that happened, Id fight anyone that said anything bad about JD moving forward 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Scary Terry is 26 years old, runs a 4.35 (so he can certainly take the top off a defense), and has proven that he can be productive with scrub QB play. 

Also, i think his price would come cheaper than AJ Brown or DK Metcalf.  Douglas can send pick 38 and 69 for him, and it probably gets done.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

What a bad time to have a WR1. They’re all gonna be traded

Which is why they have now moved up even with Edge and LT in terms of priority drafting positions.  When the really good ones are now costing 10% of the salary cap, the value of a talented one on his rookie deal is much greater than it used to be.  Drafting a good one is a double win.  You get him cheap for 3 years and then, if you can't afford to keep him, you can trade him for a nice draft pick package to replenish.  

I'd love the swap 4 and 69 for 11 and McLaurin trade.  But if we end up having to draft one at 10, I'm good with that too.  And what I said above is one of the biggest reason to lean WR over DB there.  I'd be surprised to see another trade like Ramsey or Adams happen again any time soon.  I think teams are going to invest their trade capital a little differently as the salaries evolve.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

HaHa, well then Sign this beast!

1 hour ago, MBGreen said:

Scary Terry is 26 years old, runs a 4.35 (so he can certainly take the top off a defense), and has proven that he can be productive with scrub QB play. 

Also, i think his price would come cheaper than AJ Brown or DK Metcalf.  Douglas can send pick 38 and 69 for him, and it probably gets done.

I honestly don't think WAS is inclined to trade him unless he goes full Davante on them.  They just got Wentz and see a relatively weak NFCE division around them.  They don't have a ton of cap, but they have enough.  Why would they want to get rid of one of their best assets to help them win this year?  I'd love to see it, but I just don't see it.

• Upvote 4

The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you.

You can though get a quality WR that is better than any WR currently on the Jets roster. A WR that has had back to back thousand yard seasons while dealing with a train wreck of a franchise. 

The Jets can get Brandin Cooks for a second round pick. I am sure Joe Douglas is one of those who is on the phone with the Texans.

Screenshot_20220404-123258_(1).thumb.png.8b399489afdb5bb5e762f3e3eb5c98f2.png

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I honestly don't think WAS is inclined to trade him unless he goes full Davante on them.  They just got Wentz and see a relatively weak NFCE division around them.  They don't have a ton of cap, but they have enough.  Why would they want to get rid of one of their best assets to help them win this year?  I'd love to see it, but I just don't see it.

It really depends on their FO philosophy.  Do the Commanders want to pay McLaurin 25 mil per season, or do they use their #11 pick on one of the top WRs in the draft while getting them on a rookie deal......and use the 25 mil elsewhere on their roster. 

i think this is why we're seeing alot of trade scenarios pop up.   WR salaries are exploding thanks to Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you.

You can though get a quality WR that is better than any WR currently on the Jets roster. A WR that has had back to back thousand yard seasons while dealing with a train wreck of a franchise. 

The Jets can get Brandin Cooks for a second round pick. I am sure Joe Douglas is one of those who is on the phone with the Texans.

Dov Kleiman is about as reliable as your opinion on the Jets.  No offense.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Why do you care so much what the Jets do? Don’t have anything against the packers and definitely wouldn’t spend my time arguing with their fans on a message board. We know we are the ugly girl at the dance as we are getting all excited at any WR related tweet which has resulted in nothing except them going to other teams. Now we are moving on to Cooks, wonderful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Why do care so much what the Jets do? Don’t have anything against the packers and definitely wouldn’t spend my time arguing with their fans on a message board. We know we are the ugly girl at the dance as we are getting all excited at any WR related tweet which has resulted in nothing except them going to other teams. Now we are moving on to Cooks, wonderful. 

Are we "arguing"? I posted a potential upgrade for the Jets at WR. How would that be taken as "arguing"?

Wow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Are we "arguing"? I posted a potential upgrade for the Jets at WR. How would that be taken as "arguing"?

Wow.

It has nothing to do with posting about Cooks it’s your history of posts and telling us how you know we won’t end up with DK or AJ, just seems counterproductive as a packers fan.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Wow.

Lots of posters here have trouble distinguishing between opinion and fact, often mistaking their opinions for unassailable facts.  It's annoying and usually stirs up trouble.  I think you came across that way when you stated "The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you."

Bad enough when some of our dumber Jet fan posters do it.  But when it comes from another team's fan, it does sound preachy and will almost certainly rub some people the wrong way.  I'm not even saying I think your position is wrong, but acknowledging it as your opinion rather than absolute fact would go a long way.

For example, I could say that Rodgers is the most talented QB to ever grace a field, and that drafting Jordan Love instead of a player who could have helped them in 2020 was the absolute dumbest decision by a GM in the history of the league and almost certainly cost you another Super Bowl.  I absolutely believe it.  But how I say it matters.  (Of course in this case, I am absolutely right but that's not the point... :) )

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He is better than every receiver previously rumored to be available.

This is the rare 'overpay' situation. I'd give up the 10 pick, one of our day 2 picks and a massive contract.

Scary Terry is tha truth!

I think our firsts are off limits which is think is smart.  

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Lots of posters here have trouble distinguishing between opinion and fact, often mistaking their opinions for unassailable facts.  It's annoying and usually stirs up trouble.  I think you came across that way when you stated "The Jets need those two first round picks to improve their defense. Stop with the dreams of Metcalf, Brown, and McLaurin. The Jets aren't getting any of them. Sorry to break it to you."

Bad enough when some of our dumber Jet fan posters do it.  But when it comes from another team's fan, it does sound preachy and will almost certainly rub some people the wrong way.  I'm not even saying I think your position is wrong, but acknowledging it as your opinion rather than absolute fact would go a long way.

For example, I could say that Rodgers is the most talented QB to ever grace a field, and that drafting Jordan Love instead of a player who could have helped them in 2020 was the absolute dumbest decision by a GM in the history of the league and almost certainly cost you another Super Bowl.  I absolutely believe it.  But how I say it matters.  (Of course in this case, I am absolutely right but that's not the point... :) )

Point taken on me saying: Stop with the dreams. I still wouldn't classify it as argumentative though.

On J-Love I disagree 100%. A GM's job is to sustain the success of the franchise. If Aaron gets hurt people would say: "Why doesn't Gute have a decent backup in place?"

J-Love is still a developing QB. Aaron sat for 3 years. The Packers don't draft QBs and throw them out there before they are ready and ruin them. It happens, as you know very well. 

J-Love will now be developing under Tom Clements, who Aaron credits for him becoming the QB he became. 

The Packers think very highly of J-Love, and that is why they have zero interest in trading him. Aaron and Jordan are very close and Aaron himself would tell you that he does not believe it was a mistake to draft "J-Lo" as Aaron calls him. 

The present and future is set at QB in Green Bay. A lot of teams wish they could say that.