Joe Benigno "Oh the Pain Podcast"

Not really seeing the issue there. You move on.

The issue right now is his current cap hit was 9 million for this season. He was due 20 million. We have 5 million in cap space. So that’s 5 - 11 (difference) and we would be standing at -6 million cap space. So then they would have had to cut players or do more restructures.

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He'd have been a decent backup.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

McDaniel threw salt in our wounds letting MW kneel it out last night. Because the jets treated him wrong. This is not the franchise players want to play for. It’s a bad scenario. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yeah ok I hear you- but frankly you’re just looking for a cheap shot. Maybe because your vagina is still funky from your dad- who knows.

Overall we are blessed to live in a world where “sports” matter this much to us. Better to watch Jets lose than have a nuclear war.

Joe is not wrong. Yes it’s insane commentary but you can’t post on a lame Internet forum, and call out another lame fan. Total hypocrisy.

If you don’t like him. Do not click. 
otherwise STFU

It’s a cheap shot to point out that he is disingenuous and you guys are pouring your heart and soul into schtick he like doesn’t even believe?

How about I do what I want and hold whatever opinions I want… and you follow JN rules of engagement?

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s a cheap shot to point out that he is disingenuous and you guys are pouring your heart and soul into schtick he like doesn’t even believe?

How about I do what I want and hold whatever opinions I want… and you follow JN rules of engagement?

where did that post go? the Mods deleted it? lol

i like Joe, he is entertaining. but he lost me a few weeks ago when on saturday he was hanging up on anybody who said Zach sucks, then on monday he changed his mind. thats ok to change his mind but hanging up on people cause as he always says " i dont want to here it " is not cool. Mike Francesca used to do that and i couldnt stand it.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, doitny said:

i like Joe, he is entertaining. but he lost me a few weeks ago when on saturday he was hanging up on anybody who said Zach sucks, then on monday he changed his mind. thats ok to change his mind but hanging up on people cause as he always says " i dont want to here it " is not cool. Mike Francesca used to do that and i couldnt stand it.

He is an entertainer, by default. No real talent. Not a serious person. It’s my prerogative to dislike him and say so, just as it’s everyone else’s to like him and say so. It’s a message board, you’re going to encounter opinions.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

I love Joe but yes he flip flopped on Zach every other week this season until it was obvious he’s not a NFL quarterback

Rich Eisen same crap.  He was all gung ho about ZW first month and then reality set in now he hates Zach more than I do

• Upvote 3

Joe is an entertaining clown. Was pounding his chest after week 1 that the Jets would rally and make the playoffs with Zach Wilson. The same Zach Wilson who was benched last year for a CFL QB who threw wiffle balls.

A giraffe on heroin knew the season was over 4 plays in. Joe sets himself up for failure then cries the blues when failure slaps him over the head.

O and he wants Rex Ryan to be the next HC.

Brilliant

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

Joe is an entertaining clown. Was pounding his chest after week 1 that the Jets would rally and make the playoffs with Zach Wilson. The same Zach Wilson who was benched last year for a CFL QB who threw wiffle balls.

A giraffe on heroin knew the season was over 4 plays in. Joe sets himself up for failure then cries the blues when failure slaps him over the head.

Brilliant

Joe B is incredibly reactionary.  But people do mischaracterize him as being only negative (he's not) and for putting on an act (he seems far too passionate for this to be an act).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

Brilliant

Joe was also screaming for Boyle last week

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, mfmartin said:

The issue right now is his current cap hit was 9 million for this season. He was due 20 million. We have 5 million in cap space. So that’s 5 - 11 (difference) and we would be standing at -6 million cap space. So then they would have had to cut players or do more restructures.

After June 1st came and went, his pay and cap number were locked in as unchanged for '23 and '24 whether they kept or cut him.

Only three things that would've changed it:

1. getting someone else to pick up some amount of Zach's contract
  2. Zach getting suspended
  3. Zach retiring

There was no way for his '23 cap number to increase, and the only way for it to go up after this season would be extending him with a big pay raise, in the spring/summer of '24, and by further front-loading it.