Joe Benigno "Oh the Pain Podcast"

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you saying he was forced out?  Or are you saying he chose to retire?  If the latter then why would he be upset at being replaced by Carton?

The FAN did right by him by letting him "retire" because he was there for so long.  Bigger picture, he was gone either way. Their ratings were in the toilet. 

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

The FAN did right by him by letting him "retire" because he was there for so long.  Bigger picture, he was gone either way. Their ratings were in the toilet. 

I think his 11AM show was #1 for its time slot.  Pretty sure the "drive time" thing wasn't working out though.  Carton is a morning show type moron who they stuck in that time slot.  And they paired him with Evan Roberts, who is probably the worst match they could've possibly found.  The station is a trainwreck.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think his 11AM show was #1 for its time slot.  Pretty sure the "drive time" thing wasn't working out though.  Carton is a morning show type moron who they stuck in that time slot.  And they paired him with Evan Roberts, who is probably the worst match they could've possibly found.  The station is a trainwreck.

Yes, it was must listen to radio for so long, now it's avoid at all costs. Sad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 12:11 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't really understand the Benigo hate the guy is the least offensive talk show host in history....I haven't listened to the fan or any other sports talk in years the whole profession has turned to sh*t.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, undertow said:

I don't really understand the Benigo hate the guy is the least offensive talk show host in history....I haven't listened to the fan or any other sports talk in years the whole profession has turned to sh*t.  

Maybe because he talks about the Jets, who’ve had no offense? Think about it. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, undertow said:

Joe is honest about the team.  And he's also been right way more often than other jets fans.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, Bugg said:

Great moments in toolbaggery 

I have to tell you and I don't know why but this literally has me hysterically laughing - out loud.  My wife is looking at me like I'm crazy.   But it just struck me funny.  I'm still laughing 5 minutes later.

Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I have to tell you and I don't know why but this literally has me hysterically laughing - out loud.  My wife is looking at me like I'm crazy.   But it just struck me funny.  I'm still laughing 5 minutes later.

Thanks for sharing!

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love Benigno, but he's a little delirious in this one. It's true what he's saying, but Zach looked horrible and we suffered 3 killer injuries. I can't be that optimistic, without seeing some major improvement from the QB position.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TBJ said:

I love Benigno, but he's a little delirious in this one. It's true what he's saying, but Zach looked horrible and we suffered 3 killer injuries. I can't be that optimistic, without seeing some major improvement from the QB position.

I'm with you 100%

• Upvote 1

That was the least enjoyable Jets podcast I've ever heard. It felt like politics has slid into the conversation not as much with content but more with an attitude of not being able to tell a guy a thing, because he's right and all this "the bottom line" thinking is not gonna take this team far, because like or not guys Zach Wilson did NOT win that game yesterday-all I was asking for while watching it and I wrote in the game thread-"Come on Zach, make ONE throw for us, ONCE" He couldn't even do that not one play was he able to make. It's a miracle that the Jets won that game between the refs being paid off and the worst QB in the game today having to be "OUR" guy. Man, Mark Sanchez was 5 times better than this guy.