John Lynch is LYING!

49 minutes ago, genot said:

Well. If he said this a .month ago, I'd  take it with a grain of salt. But two days before the draft????

He's bluffing, it's only a ploy to try and get more draft capital from teams who want Deebo. JD should call his bluff and just offer #10, if Lynch wants more then we move on to getting our WR at #10.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Two days before the draft is when all the truths are told.

Your sarcasm isn't very convincing. Lynch isn't gaining any leverage by that public statement. I hope he is throwing out disinformation. Would love Deebo here.

Just now, genot said:

If you can infer that, NFL GM's can. At least, I hope they can. Lol.

Sure but I have no way of knowing. No one does.

If Lynch feels he is in a spot where he either trades Deebo or gets nothing he is going to do his best to get the best possible trade value.

He probably has some legit offers on the table but by saying this a GM who desperately wants Deebo may crack and offer more. They have no way of knowing if he's just playing games or not.

Taking it down to the wire puts more pressure on someone to offer more, especially if they're desperate. Everyone knows Douglas has been trying to land a top wr all off-season. He may just be desperate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sure but I have no way of knowing. No one does.

If Lynch feels he is in a spot where he either trades Deebo or gets nothing he is going to do his best to get the best possible trade value.

He probably has some legit offers on the table but by saying this a GM who desperately wants Deebo may crack and offer more. They have no way of knowing if he's just playing games or not.

Taking it down to the wire puts more pressure on someone to offer more, especially if they're desperate. Everyone knows Douglas has been trying to land a top wr all off-season. He may just be desperate.

I don't see that. JD will put out an offer he thinks is fair for both teams. If he's met with pushback, he'll walk. KC felt he gave them a fair offer for Hill, but they then let him decide where he wanted to go. JD won't be bullied. 

12 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

I don't see that. JD will put out an offer he thinks is fair for both teams. If he's met with pushback, he'll walk. KC felt he gave them a fair offer for Hill, but they then let him decide where he wanted to go. JD won't be bullied. 

I hope you're right but a good negotiator will make people sweat. People act differently when emotion comes into play. There may be other GM's that could offer more with something on the table too.

My point really is that doom prophet could be right. I'm not taking Lynch on his word because it's a couple days before the draft. This could all very well be a GM negotiating.