Baker traded to Carolina

6 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I can envision you showing up at birthday party’s and telling your friend he’s one year closer to death.   

Technically they're only 1 day closer to death.  May I suggest one of our most popular coffins.  It comes in chocolate.  

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They drafted him 2nd overall because they believe in him, they’re not dumping him for Baker after year two.  It’s silly

That was never the thought process, having a back up who has actually proven he can play, might not be a bad idea of Zach's fragile little ego could handle it. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, jgb said:

In one scenario we will. If The QB explodes into the season and crushes the first 6 weeks, all "da haterz" such as myself will say okay, the dude is looking legit. If he bombs the first 6 weeks, does anyone really believe his supporters will reverse course?

So that said. What do you think success looks like?  I'm not talking yds or TDs as I think with the potential monster the run game is is too hard to get a good read there. Also I don't think W/ L matters here as that on the defense as well. 

But more so,  what do you want completion % wise. Td to int ratio wise  sack wise ... to say we should move into yr 3 with Zack?

Not debating the post, I think it's a valid post.   I have my own ideas of those numbers for me. But we're all doing a lot of talk about boom and bust so what does that actually look like. 

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And the pathetic sojf  zach haters will always whine about zach. Even if he plays great this year,  they will find flaws because they are programmed to be whiners. Zach could win a playoff game this year and they will cry because he didn't play well in the 2nd playoff game.  Pretty sad to be part of this group of "fans".....

What's pathetic is that you think some real Jets fan personally hate Zach and want or NEED Zach to fail this season for them to feel justified. You are wrong. I WANT Zach to succeed but after last season I predict that he'll never live up to the #2OA pick and will most likely be out of the league in 3 years. In other words a HUGE waste of the #2OA assets by JD. Again, for the simple minded - I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I dont need anti depressants to follow a football team.   Its only entertainment, for Christsake!

If the team sucks, I switch channels or turn off the game and go fishing.  I dont throw things or kick the dog.

Calling fans that like the team miserable homers is laughable.  You know that fan is short for fanatic, right?  And you might ask yourself why do you bother following a team that makes you so unhappy?   Its like staying married to someone you cant stand because you said “I do” 30 yrs ago

Jeez - The Jets don't make me unhappy - I love football and I'm a die hard Jets fan. I just want to see them start putting up some wins. You can live in a fantasy world and enjoy watching franchise historically bad teams embarrass themselves every week.

I do have NFL SunDay Ticket and watch a lot of good football games and most times I'll sit there and contrast a couple of decent teams with the crap the Jets put out there.

3 hours ago, PorP said:

So that said. What do you think success looks like?  I'm not talking yds or TDs as I think with the potential monster the run game is is too hard to get a good read there. Also I don't think W/ L matters here as that on the defense as well. 

But more so,  what do you want completion % wise. Td to int ratio wise  sack wise ... to say we should move into yr 3 with Zack?

Not debating the post, I think it's a valid post.   I have my own ideas of those numbers for me. But we're all doing a lot of talk about boom and bust so what does that actually look like. 

I posted on here a couple weeks ago that my low bar is top half in the league in ANY of the “big 3” QB stats: TDs, completion percentage or yards. That’s what I’d want to see to make me reassess my view that it’s very unlikely that he can become a FQB. That’s pretty darn reasonable for a #2 overall pick.

As far as what “crushing” would look like? Can’t give you exact figures I guess I’ll know it when I see it?

3 hours ago, Dreams said:

That was never the thought process, having a back up who has actually proven he can play, might not be a bad idea of Zach's fragile little ego could handle it. 

Why do we need an expensive backup QB who isn’t going to be on the team after the season ends and requires using a draft pick for?

And what has shown you that Zack has a fragile ego how exactly?  Other than pure nonsense that is

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I posted on here a couple weeks ago that my low bar is top half in the league in ANY of the “big 3” QB stats: TDs, completion percentage or yards. That’s what I’d want to see to make me reassess my view that it’s very unlikely that he can become a FQB. That’s pretty darn reasonable for a #2 overall pick.

As far as what “crushing” would look like? Can’t give you exact figures I guess I’ll know it when I see it?

I'd say top half for a 2nd year qb is pretty aspirational but I'm also there. 

I'm think 64%, 2.2:1 td/int ratio. 25% reduction in sacks with 0 of those hero ball 20+ yds sacks.

Nirvana for me is 67% and 2.5:1 ratio. 

Well see how he does. 

Again I'm not tied to yds or passing td's as I'm not sure what the run game will look like. 

5 minutes ago, PorP said:

I'd say top half for a 2nd year qb is pretty aspirational but I'm also there. 

I'm think 64%, 2.2:1 td/int ratio. 25% reduction in sacks with 0 of those hero ball 20+ yds sacks.

Nirvana for me is 67% and 2.5:1 ratio. 

Well see how he does. 

Again I'm not tied to yds or passing td's as I'm not sure what the run game will look like. 

Just a minor re-emphasis: I said I would accept top half in any of those stats. I didn’t say be a top half QB in the NFL.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Just a minor re-emphasis: I said I would accept top half in any of those stats. I didn’t say be a top half QB in the NFL.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Guess I better learn to read... lol

• Haha 1

Baker can start in this league. He'll be a middle of the pack, occasionally big game here and there type of QB from now on. Panthers fans will have to be content for now with some competitive games. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do we need an expensive backup QB who isn’t going to be on the team after the season ends and requires using a draft pick for?

And what has shown you that Zack has a fragile ego how exactly?  Other than pure nonsense that is

Simple logic that the team is putting all their eggs in one basket, which leads me to believe that  Zach is the type of player that doesn't react well to having a competent back up or challange. Right now the team is relying on the statistical worst QB in the league to do a complete 180 this season and to me that's a completely unrealistic expectation.

13 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

What's pathetic is that you think some real Jets fan personally hate Zach and want or NEED Zach to fail this season for them to feel justified. You are wrong. I WANT Zach to succeed but after last season I predict that he'll never live up to the #2OA pick and will most likely be out of the league in 3 years. In other words a HUGE waste of the #2OA assets by JD. Again, for the simple minded - I hope I'm wrong.

You hit the nail on the head, the level of homerism here makes it almost impossible to discuss anything real about the state of this team and QB. With some here they have created this strange unearned allure for the team coach and GM like they have a decade of success behind them. Optimism is one thing, but they have done nothing,  zero, on the field that deserves adoration. 

• Upvote 1

You hit the nail on the head, the level of homerism here makes it almost impossible to discuss anything real about the state of this team and QB. With some here they have created this strange unearned allure for the team coach and GM like they have a decade of success behind them. Optimism is one thing, but they have do nothing,  zero, on the field that deserves adoration. 
Yep .. totally agree with .. and ... the haters blindly denying the obvious positives is equally as annoying.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Simple logic that the team is putting all their eggs in one basket, which leads me to believe that  Zach is the type of player that doesn't react well to having a competent back up or challange. Right now the team is relying on the statistical worst QB in the league to do a complete 180 this season and to me that's a completely unrealistic expectation.

And one more time when and how has shown that he doesn’t react well to having a competent back up or challenge. You’re totally making shlt up.  

Guess you had a dream 

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

That looks like very simple logic. 

What I think is happening is that the spent the #2 overall pick on Zach, guaranteed him $35M, and are now doing everything possible to maximize that investment. Also think Flacco is no less than a competent backup, and that competition against top picks generally doesn’t exist in the NFL, especially at QB. They did him a disservice by not having a QB on the roster who could open the season last year, amongst other mistakes, and now they’re trying to correct as many as they can, adding potential new #1’s at WR, TE, and RB while also improving the OL.

I’m not sure who you expected them to bring in, or what was available. They certainly weren’t bringing in Mayfield. That would be a circus atmosphere. The mentor thing gets a lot of derision around here, but I’ve always felt having a veteran who’s done it in the room is a valuable asset, and Flacco’s done it at the highest level. What would be better for the team? Mayfield trying to win the starting job, or Flacco helping the starter out? Maybe short term, Mayfield would win you more games. I get that. But is he the answer at QB? Cleveland answered no rather emphatically. Zach might not be, either, but they’re committed to him financially (at least) and need to see the experiment thru. Improving the cast around him while maintaining as much continuity as possible -including the backups in the room- seems like a reasonable plan to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

What I think is happening is that the spent the #2 overall pick on Zach, guaranteed him $35M, and are now doing everything possible to maximize that investment. Also think Flacco is no less than a competent backup, and that competition against top picks generally doesn’t exist in the NFL, especially at QB. They did him a disservice by not having a QB on the roster who could open the season last year, amongst other mistakes, and now they’re trying to correct as many as they can, adding potential new #1’s at WR, TE, and RB while also improving the OL.

I’m not sure who you expected them to bring in, or what was available. They certainly weren’t bringing in Mayfield. That would be a circus atmosphere. The mentor thing gets a lot of derision around here, but I’ve always felt having a veteran who’s done it in the room is a valuable asset, and Flacco’s done it at the highest level. What would be better for the team? Mayfield trying to win the starting job, or Flacco helping the starter out? Maybe short term, Mayfield would win you more games. I get that. But is he the answer at QB? Cleveland answered no rather emphatically. Zach might not be, either, but they’re committed to him financially (at least) and need to see the experiment thru. Improving the cast around him while maintaining as much continuity as possible -including the backups in the room- seems like a reasonable plan to me. 

Stopped at reading Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is no less than a competent back up. 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Fair assessment, but if the idea is to field the best team possible it seems like an opportunity lost. Many want to dismiss Mayfield as a viable option because to them that means giving up on the dream of Zach Wilson's "potential". I see it as ensuring there is at least one fairly young and p tr oven NFL Quarterback on the team, but I guess I'm a troll. 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stopped at reading Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is no less than a competent back up. 

So you didn’t get to here… ? 

24 minutes ago, slats said:

I’ve always felt having a veteran who’s done it in the room is a valuable asset, and Flacco’s done it at the highest level.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dreams said:

, but I guess I'm a troll. 

Well, you said it. You don’t have many posts, but have already gotten into it with a few people here. Probably worth monitoring. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Well, you said it. You don’t have many posts, but have already gotten into it with a few people here. Probably worth monitoring. 

I joined to talk Jets football and within the very first thread concerning a National prediction of a 3 win season was attacked as a troll. All because I don't share the delusional that Zach Wison is going to go from the worst in the NFL to top 10. Pretty easy to get into it with those that only want to talk about rainbows and pots of gold. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dreams said:

I joined to talk Jets football and within the very first thread concerning a National prediction of a 3 win season was attacked as a troll. All because I don't share the delusional that Zach Wison is going to go from the worst in the NFL to top 10. Pretty easy to get into it with those that only want to talk about rainbows and pots of gold. 

And in your 40 or so posts so far, what percentage of people here do you think believe that Zach is going to be a too 10 QB this year? Probably pretty easy to avoid, too. Lots of folks do. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

And in your 40 or so posts so far, what percentage of people here do you think believe that Zach is going to be a too 10 QB this year? Probably pretty easy to avoid, too. Lots of folks do. 

I'll let my post content stand for itself,  I don't tell people what to think, and if they can't handle what I think,  too bad.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

He might be too "nice", though.

Like secret serial killer "nice".

Geno’s defining personality trait is “moron.” But still a better ball player than “good boy” Darnold.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Geno’s defining personality trait is “moron.” But still a better ball player than “good boy” Darnold.

Eh, I think the knock on his intelligence is kinda overblown. He had that one mishap with the time zones, and he's forever labeled a moron. Like we all don't do dumb sh*t from time to time.

The incident with IK shows his defining personality trait is more "asshat".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2